Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TK_05

Reno Basketball Excuse Thread 1913-2015

That's humorous coming from the biggest UNLV fan on the board.

That's slanderous and shouldn't be tolerated on this type of board. Bad form, bad on ya mate ,Nyet, etcetera , etcetera.

Do you think that may have to do with the fact that we had 9-22 and 15-17 seasons, yet were still 2-2 against you guys? Obviously if we were having good seasons would expect better.

No different than if a 2-10 UNLV football team had an even record with solid Nevada football team. You guys would be giving us chit.

Since you brought that up let the record state that the lifetime football series, which of course Reno is the leader at 24-16, is much closer than the lifetime basketball series, in which UNLV straight dominates (59-22 - I think). 

I can see UNR fans in 25 years reminiscing about the glory days of Kirk Snyder and Nick Fazekas.

Couldn't you say the same about UNLV?  What have you guys accomplished since 1991?  3 tournament wins in 8 appearances, well done.  We have a new coach to look forward to... What do you guys have to look forward to in basketball? 

Since you brought that up let the record state that the lifetime football series, which of course Reno is the leader at 24-16, is much closer than the lifetime basketball series, in which UNLV straight dominates (59-22 - I think).

Is there a website that shows the basketball series w/l since 1992? I'd love to compare the big 3 sports since Nevada started playing with the same number of scholarships in all of them.

The football gap will grow, and basketball will shrink. Plus basketball often plays twice per year.

...reminiscing about a team that everyone regards as the best in college basketball history

:lol:

So, you are a big fan of the 1972 UCLA Bruins huh?

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

Is there a website that shows the basketball series w/l since 1992? I'd love to compare the big 3 sports since Nevada started playing with the same number of scholarships in all of them.

I didn't do baseball, but I did look up basketball and football. Since 1992, the year Nevada joined 1A and Tark's run ended at UNLV, Nevada is 16-7 (70 percent winning percentage) in football. In basketball, UNLV is 19-12 (61 percent).

So it is fair to say that over the last 23 years the football gap has widened and the basketball gap has narrowed.

:lol:

So, you are a big fan of the 1972 UCLA Bruins huh?

UNLV would've rolled that pre-historic sorry team.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

What's up with the obsession with 1992? You guys are really obsessed with the year Tark left. Interesting. I'm sure it's not because it's an arbitrary year picked to for an argument....

You guyz r so cute

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

What's up with the obsession with 1992? You guys are really obsessed with the year Tark left. Interesting. I'm sure it's not because it's an arbitrary year picked to for an argument....

You guyz r so cute

Obsession? Its the year that Nevada joined Division 1A and the year that UNLV basketball ceased to be a national power. It's a clear line of delineation for both athletic programs.

I think any Nevada fan is fine accepting that UNLV under Tark was vastly superior in basketball.

You guyz r so cute

So is your name.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

You guyz r so cute

Is NVGiant stated, 92 is the year that our athletic program began to grow and yours declined.

Both teams are pre-historic.

Maybe you're unaware of what is generally considered the "modern" era of college hoops- shot clock/current tournament format circa 1985. But keep on with your arbitrary metrics.

Is NVGiant stated, 92 is the year that our athletic program began to grow and yours declined.

What about the previous 80 years? :lol: :lol:

UNLV would've rolled that pre-historic sorry team.

:rolleyes:

You mean the team that lost 5 games?  Or the team that lost 1, but didn't win it all? :hahaha:

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

What about the previous 80 years? :lol: :lol:

We had a few years classified as a major program in the late 40s, but other than that were mostly D2. The state of Nevada had fewer people than Wyoming for most of history, we were a very small school.

Considering UNLV was founded in the 60s/70s that seems like a silly thing to bring up...