Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

Last 4 years NCAA Tourney Wins

Florida: 10

Michigan: 8

UCONN: 6

UNLV: 0

They deserve the benefit of the doubt, Dave Rice does not

Your stats are wrong.  I know for a fact that UCONN has at least twelve wins.  They won six in 2011 and 2014.

UNLV doesn't belong in any discussion with those teams

UNLV absolutely does.  All of these teams are young and going through down years.  Next year can't come soon enough.  All of you people will disappear or only say that Rice saved his job because of the talent level.

UNLV absolutely does. All of these teams are young and going through down years. Next year can't come soon enough. All of you people will disappear or only say that Rice saved his job because of the talent level.

Only team going through "down years" is UNLV

Rebuilding year coming after a rebuilding year followed by a rebuilding year.

I am not defending Rice but let's look at your 6 players leaving

Doling out of eligibility

Kendricks out of eligibility

Dantley Walker he is never getting minutes at UNLV he should go somewhere he can get time

Kendall Smith he left the team because he didn't make starter tried coming back and Rice said no

Wood going to NBA if you are going to be a first round pick no matter what team you go

Vaughn same as Wood but he is only leaving if his people believe he is a first round

So your reasoning that Rice sucks because of players leaving is very week. Now I will give you that there are a lot of other reasons Rice should be gone but not for any of those 6 players leaving. If Morgan, McCaw, Cornish, or Goodluck leave you would have a point.

But then you look at who is coming in Ben Carter (I don't buy the hype in him his number were below average at Oregon but a lot of people think he will be a superstar at (UNLV) Seagars better than Doolin but not great, Cook but he wont see much time. Derrick Jone great player but will be a freshman, Poyser very much underrated player but a freshman. Possibly Justin if he reclassified. Once again we will be lacking on experience and my guess is we will have similar results next year as this year and many will say he has the team for the following year but if we aren't around 25 wins and top 2 in the MWC Rice will be gone. I know many say he should be this year and even though I agree it isn't going to happen he will be back like it or not.

UNLV absolutely does. All of these teams are young and going through down years. Next year can't come soon enough. All of you people will disappear or only say that Rice saved his job because of the talent level.

How many down years does Rice get before it's his fault?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I will not disappear next year at this time I do not think things will be different next year then they are this year but if they are and UNLV is a great team rather it is the talent or not I will admit I was wrong, even if he has a great year because of talent it would be props to Rice because he put the team together. I would love to have to eat crow I don't want Rice to fail I would love to see him succeed, he is a great guy he loves UNLV, he wants to bring them back like they were during the Tark era I just think he doesn't have the makings of a head couch, great assistant but not a head coach. But like I said if he does turn this around and has a great year I will gladly eat crow and I will be right there posting that I was wrong.

couch coach, i am not sure anybody has said carter will be a superstar, but a few of us, myself included, have said he will be a solid post player that won't get pushed around. he does things that don't show up in a stat sheet, and will be an asset for us next year. but superstar? i haven't seen anybody post that. just sayin...

I only saw one game he played and he looked about as good as his stats showed. But I know one game is not anything you can judge him on and it very well could,have been an off game. But I have heard from many fans they think he will be one of the best forwards UNLV has had and if he had played this year we would have around 7 more wins this year.

I am not defending Rice but let's look at your 6 players leaving

Doling out of eligibility

Kendricks out of eligibility

Dantley Walker he is never getting minutes at UNLV he should go somewhere he can get time

Kendall Smith he left the team because he didn't make starter tried coming back and Rice said no

Wood going to NBA if you are going to be a first round pick no matter what team you go

Vaughn same as Wood but he is only leaving if his people believe he is a first round

So your reasoning that Rice sucks because of players leaving is very week. Now I will give you that there are a lot of other reasons Rice should be gone but not for any of those 6 players leaving. If Morgan, McCaw, Cornish, or Goodluck leave you would have a point.

But then you look at who is coming in Ben Carter (I don't buy the hype in him his number were below average at Oregon but a lot of people think he will be a superstar at (UNLV) Seagars better than Doolin but not great, Cook but he wont see much time. Derrick Jone great player but will be a freshman, Poyser very much underrated player but a freshman. Possibly Justin if he reclassified. Once again we will be lacking on experience and my guess is we will have similar results next year as this year and many will say he has the team for the following year but if we aren't around 25 wins and top 2 in the MWC Rice will be gone. I know many say he should be this year and even though I agree it isn't going to happen he will be back like it or not.

How will be lacking in experience?  Patrick McCaw, Dwayne Morgan, Goodluck Okonoboh, and Jordan Cornish will be inexperienced?  Same for Carter and Seagears?  Our top six players will not be freshmen.

How will be lacking in experience?  Patrick McCaw, Dwayne Morgan, Goodluck Okonoboh, and Jordan Cornish will be inexperienced?  Same for Carter and Seagears?  Our top six players will not be freshmen.

Don't forget Daquan Cook.  He is out this season after an ACL injury last summer, but will be a junior and should be in the rotation.  I believe Cook will be the first 4th-year scholarship player under Rice.

Don't forget Daquan Cook.  He is out this season after an ACL injury last summer, but will be a junior and should be in the rotation.  I believe Cook will be the first 4th-year scholarship player under Rice.

We'll see how much time he gets.  I hope he's put it together.  He's the only pure PG on the roster.

The coaches at those schools have 3 National Championships and multiple deep tourney runs to their names. UNLV, and especially Dave Rice, are not anywhere near that level. The fact that you even say that shows how blind you are to reality. But, what do I know, I'm just a couch coach.

If Rice does manage do scrape something together to save his job next year it will almost certainly be because of talent and not because of Rice. In four years I have never thought, wow, Rice really got the better of the opposing coach. He has been out coached so many times that he has a TON to prove to me before I would trust him again.

It's a miracle. Somebody makes a coherent post and doesn't just ASSume that it's an indictment on Dave Rice.

If Roscoe and Khem hadn't left last year knowing they weren't going to get drafted then you might have an argument. In other words, their stock had literally nowhere to go but up. Instead, they gave up their eligibility and chose to go grind it out in the D League for a cool $20K a year. Khem' decision was especially puzzling because he would have been given all the minutes he could handle and would have been a defensive anchor for the team. He would have had every opportunity to showcase his skills. But don't let those facts get in the way of your hard in for Rice.

You couldn't do a better coaching job than Dave Rice.

Wait, so the guy that has been doing this professionally for about 15 years is better than the guy posting on a message board??? I'm shocked, shocked I say! The problem is that being better than a poster on a message board isn't a reason to keep a job.

And you still haven't addressed the merits of his argument. Dave Rice is terrible at managing time outs. Is he wrong? This is another one of those pesky arguments you have benn running from.

That is an inexperienced team, 4 sophomore, 2 juniors that were only part timers on there teams. That is not very experienced. And if you get zim he will be in top 6.

That is an inexperienced team, 4 sophomore, 2 juniors that were only part timers on there teams. That is not very experienced. And if you get zim he will be in top 6.

4 sophomores who have played a ton of minutes in just about every game situation...would hardly call them inexperienced just because it will say Soph next to their name...terrible argument

Seagers will also be a senior not a jr who averaged 27 minutes as a soph and 21 as a jr..,part time player eh?