Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

South Dakota Gun Show had clown vendor selling "Running N****r targets.

Some clown vendor brought some nasty targets for gun enthusiasts in a South Dakota gun show.  The organizers rightfully kicked his butt out and banned him.

But the offending vendor's reaction to the press is priceless....

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/gun-show-vendor-defends-running-nr-targets-there-are-black-people-then-there-are-negroes/

Check out the video at the end of the article.  Guy's a real piece of work. 

Sadly, he claims he "sold 500 of them" at the show.  That's on the South Dakotan gun enthusiasts. 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Well he claims he sold 500, I could claim a lot of things too, based on his reasoning for selling them I'm not so sure he could count up to 500 and even if he could we have no way of knowing if it was just one person or 500 people. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Some clown vendor brought some nasty targets for gun enthusiasts in a South Dakota gun show.  The organizers rightfully kicked his butt out and banned him.

But the offending vendor's reaction to the press is priceless....

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/gun-show-vendor-defends-running-nr-targets-there-are-black-people-then-there-are-negroes/

Check out the video at the end of the article.  Guy's a real piece of work. 

Sadly, he claims he "sold 500 of them" at the show.  That's on the South Dakotan gun enthusiasts. 

What's on the South Dakotan gun enthusiasts?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

If we consider all the damage done by govt disabling able peoples, resulting social problems, violence, no.

Yep, just the same as targets depicting a stereotype of a race, with a racial slur on the top to really drive home the point.  It almost seems like this pushback against the social warriors and white guilt has actually bred more racial strife.  It's funny to actually sit back and watch this paradigm manifest, if it wasn't so sad at the same time.

If we consider all the damage done by govt disabling able peoples, resulting social problems, violence, no.

This has nothing to do with the government. It has to do with racist individuals expressing their racism in an environment where they are comfortable.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Yep, just the same as targets depicting a stereotype of a race, with a racial slur on the top to really drive home the point.  It almost seems like this pushback against the social warriors and white guilt has actually bred more racial strife.  It's funny to actually sit back and watch this paradigm manifest, if it wasn't so sad at the same time.

Is it sad?  While a lot of it makes me feel uncomfortable, the awareness does some good.  There will always be extremes on both sides.  Perhaps many of us need to see those extremes.

What's important, in my opinion, is that we understand that extremes are the extreme and not the norm.  There are always those that present an extreme as the norm of a group or demographic...it fits their agenda.

In this case, for example, what should have happened, happened.  The right message ultimately prevailed.  I take comfort in that.

Comprehension problems?  Try reading it again.

The article didn't address how it's all on the SD gun enthusiasts.  That was your commentary.  You don't have to explain yourself if you don't want to.

Is it sad?  While a lot of it makes me feel uncomfortable, the awareness does some good.  There will always be extremes on both sides.  Perhaps many of us need to see those extremes.

What's important, in my opinion, is that we understand that extremes are the extreme and not the norm.  There are always those that present an extreme as the norm of a group or demographic...it fits their agenda.

In this case, for example, what should have happened, happened.  The right message ultimately prevailed.  I take comfort in that.

It's definitely good to see.  It is sad that this rift is so prevalent.  Blame game on both sides, with the loudest voices neither willing to capitulate nor accept the others viewpoint.  This recent sort of vocalization is indicative of the fact that a lot of people would rather attack than find solutions.  So I am just the dude in the middle, making fun of both sides of the stupidity.  I always have my popcorn ready.

This has nothing to do with the government. It has to do with racist individuals expressing their racism in an environment where they are comfortable.

I think what he's saying is that all of it, all of us, live within a construct of government rules, regulations, programs, etc that results in, or at least contributes to, some of the shyt that happens.  While I understand your point, I do his as well.

I find it difficult to say, however, that it has nothing to do with the government.  The government has a role in race law.  It's one of the protected employment classes.  And by nature, that role will result in the government ruling on some controversial stuff.

It's definitely good to see.  It is sad that this rift is so prevalent.  Blame game on both sides, with the loudest voices neither willing to capitulate nor accept the others viewpoint.  This recent sort of vocalization is indicative of the fact that a lot of people would rather attack than find solutions.  So I am just the dude in the middle, making fun of both sides of the stupidity.  I always have my popcorn ready.

Making sausage

The article didn't address how it's all on the SD gun enthusiasts.  That was your commentary.  You don't have to explain yourself if you don't want to.

Duh. 

I don't recall claiming that the article was pointing a finger at SD gun enthusiasts.  If they did, that's what these thingys are for ---> " "

If I quote something from an article, I use those magical little marks, that by no small coincidence, share the name. 

What do I need to explain?  It's exceptionally straight forward.  Perhaps you should express what it is you don't understand. 

Beyond the use of quotation marks, that is.  And what is and what isn't commentary.

Duh. 

I don't recall claiming that the article was pointing a finger at SD gun enthusiasts.  If they did, that's what these thingys are for ---> " "

If I quote something from an article, I use those magical little marks, that by no small coincidence, share the name. 

What do I need to explain?  It's exceptionally straight forward.  Perhaps you should express what it is you don't understand. 

Beyond the use of quotation marks, that is.  And what is and what isn't commentary.

So you will not support your claim of, "That's on the South Dakotan gun enthusiastsCarry on!

So you will not support your claim of, "That's on the South Dakotan gun enthusiastsCarry on!

I supported my statement with the sentence that immediately preceded it. 

What is it you fail to understand?