Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

Derek Carr is going to be a father

Apparently his wife is due any minute...  Does anyone else think the birth of his first child, on the even of fall camp, is going to have an adverse effect on his preperation for the season? 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

no

3 and 1/2 weeks until our first game. That is more then enough time for Carr to refocus. 

This sounds like the logic of someone who has no idea about parenting and how to be a father.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

This sounds like the logic of someone who has no idea about parenting and how to be a father.

Speaking as the father of three sons, absent some arrangement, it will be a challenge for Derek.

Apparently his wife is due any minute...  Does anyone else think the birth of his first child, on the even of fall camp, is going to have an adverse effect on his preperation for the season? 

Why would having a baby have an effect on football?  Handling sheitty diapers instead of a fooball, walking and feediing a newborn in the middle of the night, lack of sleep from the crying and squalling, thinking about baby formulas instead of playing formulas....all that will just make him sharper under center.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

It will certainly be a challenge. However, the Carrs are no fools and they know this season will dictate their familys future fortunes. Im sure theyll adjust as necessary to get thru the next few months.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Most fathers have to go back to work before 3 1/2 weeks after the birth of their child. Why wouldn't Carr be able to go back to "work" during a similar time period? 

Also not saying how I would react just saying how I think HE will react.

Personally if I have a child I will take 12 weeks off (we are allowed up to 12 weeks off during a rolling 12 mth period for events such as serious sickness of a family member or birth of a child. It is paid if we have AL or SL left if we do not then it is unpaid) when he/she is born. And if I have a 2nd or 3rd child I will do the same thing. 

That's rough. Major life change for him right before the biggest football season of his life. Yes, it will definitely affect him to some extant.

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Why would having a baby have an effect on football?  Handling sheitty diapers instead of a fooball, walking and feediing a newborn in the middle of the night, lack of sleep from the crying and squalling, thinking about baby formulas instead of playing formulas....all that will just make him sharper under center.

That's what wives are for.

In all seriousness, having your first kid tends to remind you of what you're working for, Carr will be just fine.