Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schmalls

BYU 0-3 in MWC play

I think they tried to get too cute with their coverage's.  It left their corners either out of position or on a island.  Hedrick had some money throws this game, but the single coverage or the hand off to the safety was pretty bad for BYU.

Their pass rush was ok, but Hedrick did a good job of avoiding the pressure and either stepping up into the pocket or scrambling away from it.  I think that Bronco really felt like he could confuse Hedrick and get him rattled enough to make some panic throws.

I know that one bad season against the MWC will not lessen BYU's resolve to remain independent. But it does make me wonder how much harder it will make BYU's recruiting challenge. I think you can sell kids on the notion that BYU plays at a higher, more nationally-prominent level than the MWC schools do when you're beating those schools on a regular basis. But when you aren't, that argument falls flat, and I would expect the realities that BYU isn't eligible for a conference championship or Access Bowl berth to become greater recruiting disadvantages.

Guest #1Stunner

I want to lose all the games left at this point, so we get a new coach.  I'm tired of this nonsense.

This.

Bronco Mendenhall to Hawaii please.

I want to lose all the games left at this point, so we get a new coach.  I'm tired of this nonsense.

I hope he gets fired too. He would make a great DC at UNM again. Right where it all started for him. 

Doesn't BYU run a 3-4 defense like UNM does??

roflbot.jpg

I know that one bad season against the MWC will not lessen BYU's resolve to remain independent. But it does make me wonder how much harder it will make BYU's recruiting challenge. I think you can sell kids on the notion that BYU plays at a higher, more nationally-prominent level than the MWC schools do when you're beating those schools on a regular basis. But when you aren't, that argument falls flat, and I would expect the realities that BYU isn't eligible for a conference championship or Access Bowl berth to become greater recruiting disadvantages.

Maybe, but BYU recruiting is easier than your typical G5 because it's ground zero for the Mormon Mecca. Some Mormon players have always wanted to go to BYU. So they have an advantage there. There are enough good M players out there wanting BYU that there will always be good recruits going there despite a bad season.

kat.jpg

I remember cheering for Singletary to lose every game at San Fran his last year.  If it was BSU in the same position, probably would have the same sentiment.

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

I'm not there yet on new coach.  Nobody at this point has convinced me of a better alternative.  But here is my opinion...  Bronco needs to retain the DC role. Period... that's really all the "great" he brings to the table.  The guy is a great DC.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

I'm not there yet on new coach.  Nobody at this point has convinced me of a better alternative.  But here is my opinion...  Bronco needs to retain the DC role. Period... that's really all the "great" he brings to the table.  The guy is a great DC.  

I'm just tired of his style and am ready for someone new.  

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg