Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

ECU

When everybody was stroking them off earlier this year a few of us said they'd drop one. Looks like tonight might be the night.

21 all in the 4th vs a terrible UConn team @ ECU.

They're resume is looking worse each week. UNC and Virginia Tech both suck.

And South Carolina looks mediocre as well. Colorado states resume is just as good IMO.

They're resume is looking worse each week. UNC and Virginia Tech both suck.

And South Carolina looks mediocre as well. Colorado states resume is just as good IMO.

Even if CSU finishes 11-1 they are still ineligible for the G5 access bowl spot if Boise wins the mountain division, right? My understanding is that the guaranteed G5 bid has to go to a conference champion.

Even if CSU finishes 11-1 they are still ineligible for the G5 access bowl spot if Boise wins the mountain division, right? My understanding is that the guaranteed G5 bid has to go to a conference champion.

Correct.  CSU just needs to worry about their opponents and let everything else play out.  We'd be in the drivers seat if we had beat Boise, but we didn't, so we don't exactly deserve to be in the drivers seat.  Besides, still 5 chances to screw up.  Team needs to not worry about the gyrations of rankings, and focus on blocking.

I have East Carolina winning the rest of their games.  They are that good.

They do look that good, but UConn sucks arse and gave them all they wanted.  I wonder just how good ECU really is.

Correct.  CSU just needs to worry about their opponents and let everything else play out.  We'd be in the drivers seat if we had beat Boise, but we didn't, so we don't exactly deserve to be in the drivers seat.  Besides, still 5 chances to screw up.  Team needs to not worry about the gyrations of rankings, and focus on blocking.

Air Force beating Boise was a HUGE gift for CSU. I don't see you losing, and one Boise slip up and you're in. And Boise slipping up before the end of the year is not out of the question.

Air Force beating Boise was a HUGE gift for CSU. I don't see you losing, and one Boise slip up and you're in. And Boise slipping up before the end of the year is not out of the question.

And then we have to get by SDSU/Reno for it to really pay off.  But I'd like to see CSU in that game.

I'm not worried about ECU losing. Boise is who I'm worried about not losing.

USU can beat them but they will need Garretson to do it IMO.

Disagree.  Nothing special about USU's offense with or without Garretson.  USU's D is very special, and can get the job done against Boise.

Guest #1Stunner

I have Colorado State winning the rest of their games, including winning Wyoming by at least 30 points.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/mtn-west/2014-colorado-state-rams-football-schedule.php

The rest of CSU's schedule is very very easy. AFA might be tough, I guess.

But, I have Colorado State losing to Nevada in the MWC championship game.  Nevada will be the MWC champ.  Nevada's QB and RB are getting better each game.  Plus their fans are known for traveling and eating donuts.

lol, right? I'm a phucking jinx.

Plus don't you always say something like "talk about spiking the ball early" to basically anyone else that does? haha  :D

Edit: That was more regarding ECU than Marshall.