Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Northridge picked 4th in the big west

Deville and Doolin a tossup at PG? LOL!

You don't think Vaughn will put up more than Bryce did? 13.6 PPG?

Lets bet over/under 18 wins? Or are you just talking out your ass?

Doolin didn't impress me in the scrimmage.

At San Fran (against inferior talent) he averaged 9.7 points and 4 assists in the three full seasons he played.

At UNLV last year Deville Smith averaged 9.7 points and 3 assists.

Honestly if they were both on the team this year I would want Deville to start. I was a fan of Deville Smith and liked watching him play. I just haven't seen enough of the white kid yet to take him over Deville. Maybe Doolin surprises but some WCC guard from shitty San Fran does not excite me. Reminds me of horrible Mark Dickel with the way he plays.

As for Vaughn, who knows points wise? Someone will have to score on this miserable team so he may jack up every shot. Doesn't mean he is better. If I had to choose freshman Vaughn or senior Bryce Jones that would be tough. I would take the proven senior.

I don't bet on college athletes and neither should you.

They are kids and they have enough pressure already.

This will be Dave Rice's worst team yet. 17, 18 or 19 wins. It won't matter because any of those numbers means NO NCAA Tournament.

Haha. Ok fantasyland apparently equates to any reasonable optimism. And Why would you even count years that he was an assistant?? Haha.

But anyways I'm no Rice lover. I have as many apprehensions as the next guy. But i reject any ridiculous notions that there is no reason for optimism coming from people who cast out predictions about the program as if they were clutching a crystal ball.

Haha. Ok fantasyland apparently equates to any reasonable optimism. And Why would you even count years that he was an assistant?? Haha.

But anyways I'm no Rice lover. I have as many apprehensions as the next guy. But i reject any ridiculous notions that there is no reason for optimism coming from people who cast out predictions about the program as if they were clutching a crystal ball.

When you are man enough to take an honest look at the schedule, sit down and go game by game for the Non-Conference, MWC Regular season and MWC Tournament. Put yourself out there and show us your predictions. Have the balls to show up in March and we will see who was correct.

Have all the optimism you want. Before the scrimmage I had a dream that Dave Rice was really Jerry Tarkanian. That Doolin would be Danny Tark in 1982. That Kendall Smith is the new Freddie Banks from 1987! Vaughn playing the part of Augmon in 1988. Christian Wood turned into Sidney Green instead of Richard Robinson. Okonoboh as Armon Gilliam!

But I woke up from fantasyland to find myself searching for the 2015 NIT postseason bracket to get ready to fill it out.

Enjoy the season.

15 years of Dave Rice on UNLV Coaching Staffs. Zero NCAA Tournament Wins.

Still Learnin'.

"The Rebels’ offensive overhaul is one of the biggest storylines heading into the season, as coach Dave Rice transitions the team to a more perimeter-oriented attack."

http://runrebs.com/2014/10/24/with-cody-doolin-at-point-rebels-offense-is-right-on-track/

:lol: :lol: Oh jesus! LOL Like we weren't perimeter oriented before!  Jacking 25-30+ 3-pointers every game because there's never any semblence of offensive gameplan against the zone defense, and playcalling breaks down almost immeditely until one of the guards just pulls up and hurls a 3-pointer beause there's no offensive discipline instilled by Rice and the rest of the coaching staff. Another year of Rice 'learning on the job' while the team with elite talent plays like sh*t and embarresses the program by suffering loses to teams like Dixie St---then he has the balls to tell us 'unruly/unrealistic' fans to BE PATIENT and just wait for the team to build chemistry and to JUST WAIT until the end of the season when this team finds its stride..Then watch out everyone! This team will be a force to be reckoned with come March!!---WHICH NEVER F*CKING HAPPENS. Then we get mass player/coaching defections, and then all the 4/5 star recruits come rolling in again and then "wait till next year where it comes together. I wonder what the motto will be next year??

---LETS RUN-, nope.. RUN AS ONE,? nada.  ALL IN, ALL TOGETHER ..Just used that one.. How about: IS ANYONE STILL BUYING THIS SH*T?

Only time Dave Rice's offense ever even had a remote amount of success was when they had Jimmer Fredette, arguably one of the best college 3point snipers in the history of the game, backed up by 10 other  white guys with bad haircuts that could shoot the 3 ball at BYU.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

A JR Bryce may have a better year than a Freshman Vaughn. Wouldn't be shocked either way.

I'd be VERY shocked.

Vaughn is going to be the go-to guy. Greenlight. With an actual pass first PG.

Bryce was 32% from 3. 64% FTs. .43% FG

Katin Reinhardt had overall better numbers as a freshman and isn't on the same page as Vaughn in any category.

Doolin didn't impress me in the scrimmage.

At San Fran (against inferior talent) he averaged 9.7 points and 4 assists in the three full seasons he played.

At UNLV last year Deville Smith averaged 9.7 points and 3 assists.

Honestly if they were both on the team this year I would want Deville to start. I was a fan of Deville Smith and liked watching him play. I just haven't seen enough of the white kid yet to take him over Deville. Maybe Doolin surprises but some WCC guard from shitty San Fran does not excite me. Reminds me of horrible Mark Dickel with the way he plays.

As for Vaughn, who knows points wise? Someone will have to score on this miserable team so he may jack up every shot. Doesn't mean he is better. If I had to choose freshman Vaughn or senior Bryce Jones that would be tough. I would take the proven senior.

I don't bet on college athletes and neither should you.

They are kids and they have enough pressure already.

This will be Dave Rice's worst team yet. 17, 18 or 19 wins. It won't matter because any of those numbers means NO NCAA Tournament.

You didn't like what you saw from him in a scrimmage? Is that a joke? rofl.

Inferior talent? He dropped 33 points and 4 assists while shooting 70% against Deonte Burton and Reno who SWEPT us last year.

18 pts and 14 assists against an insanely atheltic St Johns 2 years ago.

11 pts 8 assists against SDSU 2 years ago.

18 pts, 5 ast, 5 reb Shooting 73% against that 31-2 Murray State team with Isiah Cannan and Donte Poole.

The kid has 4 years of D1 experience. We haven't seen assist man like him in years.

We're not betting on college athletes. We're betting on Dave RIce to earn Over/Under 18 wins.

....That's the reasoning we only win that many games right? Because of Rice?

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

The kid has 4 years of D1 experience. We haven't seen assist man like him in years.

We're not betting on college athletes. We're betting on Dave RIce to earn Over/Under 18 wins.

....That's the reasoning we only win that many games right? Because of Rice?

Doolin's best year at San Fran he averaged 5.6 assists in 2012/13.

That same year Anthony Marshall averaged 5.8 assists for UNLV.

We just got a poor mans Anthony Marshall.

We have seen an assist man like Doolin plenty at UNLV, he is nothing special.

In his last full season playing 2012/13 Doolin had 2 points and 1 assist against a horrible Max Good coached Loyola Marymount in 32 minutes played.

He had 8 points and 1 assist vs Santa Clara that year and only 4 Pts vs some team called Dominican of California that same year.

This kid is an unknown still until he proves it in a Rebel uniform.

Vaughn may be the greatest player ever. We will see soon enough.

Dave Rice has his team. His players. No excuses.

We win and lose because of the coach and the players he recruits:

His first two years he had inflated stats with Kruger players but his terrible coaching is what stopped those teams from going further than they did.

Now he has his own guys and his own horrible coaching.

The record will continue to get worse.

The Freshman are overhyped as usual. The transfers are not as good as Rebel-Net pretends that they will be.

We have major size issues and depth problems inside.

We are relying on Freshman to save the day.

18 wins will be a miracle.

Doolin's best year at San Fran he averaged 5.6 assists in 2012/13.

That same year Anthony Marshall averaged 5.8 assists for UNLV.

We have seen an assist man like Doolin plenty at UNLV, he is nothing special.

In his last full season playing 2012/13 Doolin had 2 points and 1 assist against a horrible Max Good coached Loyola Marymount in 32 minutes played.

He had 8 points and 1 assist vs Santa Clara that year and only 4 Pts vs some team called Dominican of California that same year.

This kid is an unknown still until he proves it in a Rebel uniform.

Vaughn may be the greatest player ever. We will see soon enough.

Dave Rice has his team. His players. No excuses.

We win and lose because of the coach and the players he recruits:

His first two years he had inflated stats with Kruger players but his terrible coaching is what stopped those teams from going further than they did.

Now he has his own guys and his own horrible coaching.

The record will continue to get worse.

The Freshman are overhyped as usual. The transfers are not as good as Rebel-Net pretends that they will be.

We have major size issues and depth problems inside.

We are relying on Freshman to save the day.

18 wins will be a miracle.

Where are the overhyped articles about our freshman? The preseason ranking?

You just ramble on with no basis.

A true PG isn't always going to get numbers. It's their job to get the offense flowing. On and off the ball.

You predict everything about him and then you said he is "unknown" until he proves it in a Rebel uniform?

I thought you are so sure he's a nobody. Nothing special? lol. Doesn't that mean according to you he won't do shit here?

It's all gibberish to me until you actually want to put your money where your mouth is.

I just think you say stupid shit to get a reaction. I'm done. Unless you want that bet.

Where are the overhyped articles about our freshman? The preseason ranking?

You just ramble on with no basis.

A true PG isn't always going to get numbers. It's their job to get the offense flowing. On and off the ball.

You predict everything about him and then you said he is "unknown" until he proves it in a Rebel uniform?

I thought you are so sure he's a nobody. Nothing special? lol. Doesn't that mean according to you he won't do +++++ here?

It's all gibberish to me until you actually want to put your money where your mouth is.

I just think you say stupid +++++ to get a reaction. I'm done. Unless you want that bet.

Cody Doolin's so called big statistical year at San Francisco was the 2012-13 season when the team went 15-16 overall. That is a losing record and they finished 5th in the WCC.

Each year Doolin played at San Francisco the team got worse but his stats got better. What does that tell you?

A true point guard isn't always going to get numbers, you are correct. But they better get wins! That is something that San Francisco saw less of while Doolin's stats improved.

Winners win!

I never said Doolin is a nobody, I just said he isn't the savior that RebelNet and Rice makes him out to be. He is an average player at best who has played on mediocre teams at San Francisco in the inferior WCC.

I hope the kid is great, I just have my reservations until I see it in a Rebel uniform. He will be playing with players he never played with before and for a coach who he has never played for before. He doesn't have an adjustment period because he is a senior, this is it.

This team is relying on unknowns. Some may pan out, some may not. We have some major issues underneath with a lack of big men and no depth if anyone gets injured or in foul trouble.

We are relying on guys who rode the bench last year to be our leaders and expecting them to be better than they were only 7 months ago when they were mediocre at best.

The Freshman are being called on to save the day. Not exactly the type of situation a smart man would want to be putting all his money on now is it?

Never mind the fact that UNLV has the worst coach EVER in Dave Rice and that he is clueless and wouldn't know what to do if he had the dream team (Jordan, Ewing, Olajuwon, Magic, Bird). Half of the players would transfer and the other half would never even make the NBA.

This season will be Rice's worst yet. We will get humiliated this season vs inferior programs.

The overhyping that is done on these players is embarrassing and those who do it should be ashamed of themselves. The Freshman are not saviors of the program and Rice ran off all the upperclassmen. 18 wins will be a miracle.

Dave Rice has been on Coaching Staffs at UNLV for going on 15 years and during that time UNLV has never won an NCAA Tournament Game. Learning is important. Who you are learning from is also important.

Rice is a loser.

Cody Doolin's so called big statistical year at San Francisco was the 2012-13 season when the team went 15-16 overall. That is a losing record and they finished 5th in the WCC.

Each year Doolin played at San Francisco the team got worse but his stats got better. What does that tell you?

A true point guard isn't always going to get numbers, you are correct. But they better get wins! That is something that San Francisco saw less of while Doolin's stats improved.

Winners win!

I never said Doolin is a nobody, I just said he isn't the savior that RebelNet and Rice makes him out to be. He is an average player at best who has played on mediocre teams at San Francisco in the inferior WCC.

I hope the kid is great, I just have my reservations until I see it in a Rebel uniform. He will be playing with players he never played with before and for a coach who he has never played for before. He doesn't have an adjustment period because he is a senior, this is it.

This team is relying on unknowns. Some may pan out, some may not. We have some major issues underneath with a lack of big men and no depth if anyone gets injured or in foul trouble.

We are relying on guys who rode the bench last year to be our leaders and expecting them to be better than they were only 7 months ago when they were mediocre at best.

The Freshman are being called on to save the day. Not exactly the type of situation a smart man would want to be putting all his money on now is it?

Never mind the fact that UNLV has the worst coach EVER in Dave Rice and that he is clueless and wouldn't know what to do if he had the dream team (Jordan, Ewing, Olajuwon, Magic, Bird). Half of the players would transfer and the other half would never even make the NBA.

This season will be Rice's worst yet. We will get humiliated this season vs inferior programs.

The overhyping that is done on these players is embarrassing and those who do it should be ashamed of themselves. The Freshman are not saviors of the program and Rice ran off all the upperclassmen. 18 wins will be a miracle.

Dave Rice has been on Coaching Staffs at UNLV for going on 15 years and during that time UNLV has never won an NCAA Tournament Game. Learning is important. Who you are learning from is also important.

Rice is a loser.

DDRORRH.png

Rebel Robert just says the same things over and over again.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Rebel Robert just says the same things over and over again.

When you are trying to educate the mentally retarded the first rule in the book is to repeat what you have said over and over again and after 50,000 times a small portion of it might stick in their underdeveloped brains.

When you are trying to educate the mentally retarded the first rule in the book is to repeat what you have said over and over again and after 50,000 times a small portion of it might stick in their underdeveloped brains.

The definition of insanity is to say the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

The definition of insanity is to say the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Some people will never see the truth but the truth still must be told. With each loss the eyes are opened and more and more people start to question. Eventually it will be overwhelming on the side of what is right. Dave Rice must be fired.

I will argue it to the end with whoever wants to sit around and argue. Dave Rice is not the right coach for UNLV. I won't stop until he is gone.

Ah rebelrob. Speaking of mentally retarded. You started to say some reasonable things and then you relapsed back into absolutist delusion. Doolin was on a crappy team. This is the rebels. We don't need a savior, we just need a facilitator for our pieces.

Anyways, you annoy the hell out of everyone because you insist that the only possible outcome is the one you lay out. Every evaluation you give is bloated with assumption and an assload of speculation.

No one is here is insisting that we are going to win the conference or win in the tournament, were simply aknowledging that we have pieces to have a successful season while also aknowledging that it is no guarantee.

You have this idea in your head that there is no way you're wrong. The truth is you don't know whether this team will be successful this season. I don't know. We can make guesses and speculate, but it's just speculation.

And based some of your weak and one sided observations you don't speculate so well.

Here's a test for you... Can you say it with me?

Heck, I might be wrong. I think unlv will be successful this season. I think they will be much better next season regardless of the outcome this year. I even think that Dave Rice will imrove as a coach. But I could be wrong sure. I'm not the freaking oracle here.

Haha but I don't think rob can aknowledge that he could be wrong. He's too smart. Lol