Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SJSUSpartan1992

TV Bonuses

as per ESPN:

Washington State @ Nevada ($300,000)ESPN
Colorado State @ Boise State ($500,000 each)ESPN2
Fresno State @ New Mexico ($300,000 each)ESPN2
Fresno State @ Boise State ($300,000 each)ESPN
BYU @ Boise State ($300,000)ESPN
Wyoming @ Fresno State ($500,000 each)ESPN2
Utah State @ Wyoming ($300,000 each)ESPN2
San Jose State @ Utah State ($300,000 each)ESPN2

More games could be picked up by ESPN before end of season.

Fresno State $1,100,000
Boise State $1,100,000
Wyoming $800,000
Utah State $600,000

CSU $500,000
SJSU $300,000
New Mexico $300,000
Nevada $300,000

source: http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/17/mountain-west-conference

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Where is SDSU on the list?

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

I can't wait until we're in the championship game without any bonus money. Hopefully that will pull our Pres and AD's heads out of their asses.

You and Air Force are the most popular. Fresno is in the enviable spot of being third choice for CBS which leaves us free for ESPN.

I can't wait until we're in the championship game without any bonus money. Hopefully that will pull our Pres and AD's heads out of their asses.

Relative to onfield performance you guys have been screwed and Wyoming has cleaned up over the past two years on this deal.  

Relative to onfield performance you guys have been screwed and Wyoming has cleaned up over the past two years on this deal.  

i get boise, and i get fresno...but wyoming, based on their performance over the last two years??

i get boise, and i get fresno...but wyoming, based on their performance over the last two years??

The payouts have nothing to do with performance which we have been saying for years. They payout curve is directly proportional first to your popularity to CBS and secondarily to your popularity to ESPN.

CBS has a Hard on for service Acadamies which means the only bonus game AF will ever see is @Boise. Second is CA population centers. That means SJSU and SDSU will rarely crack 500K. The odd one is their love for CSU. My only thought is their programming guy is a Wyoming grad.

as per ESPN:

Washington State @ Nevada ($300,000)ESPN

Colorado State @ Boise State ($500,000 each)ESPN2

Fresno State @ New Mexico ($300,000 each)ESPN2

Fresno State @ Boise State ($300,000 each)ESPN

BYU @ Boise State ($300,000)ESPN

Wyoming @ Fresno State ($500,000 each)ESPN2

Utah State @ Wyoming ($300,000 each)ESPN2

San Jose State @ Utah State ($300,000 each)ESPN2

More games could be picked up by ESPN before end of season.

Fresno State $1,100,000

Boise State $1,100,000

Wyoming $800,000

Utah State $600,000

CSU $500,000

SJSU $300,000

New Mexico $300,000

Nevada $300,000

source: http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/17/mountain-west-conference

Great post, thank you for the answer to my OP!  :D So Air Force, UNLV, and San Diego have nothing so far.

The payouts have nothing to do with performance which we have been saying for years. They payout curve is directly proportional first to your popularity to CBS and secondarily to your popularity to ESPN.

CBS has a Hard on for service Acadamies which means the only bonus game AF will ever see is @Boise. Second is CA population centers. That means SJSU and SDSU will rarely crack 500K. The odd one is their love for CSU. My only thought is their programming guy is a Wyoming grad.

Ya, it's like the trick is to be not attractive to CBS Sports, but then be attractive enough for ESPN to put you on ESPN or ESPN2 instead of ESPN3, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN the Ocho, etc.

36ink.jpg

Ya, it's like the trick is to be not attractive to CBS Sports, but then be attractive enough for ESPN to put you on ESPN or ESPN2 instead of ESPN3, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN the Ocho, etc.

36ink.jpg

Do they still have ESPN 3D?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

36ink.jpg

I've been saying for years that we need a media agreement with ESPN Deportes.  Becoming the darling conference of Latin American Americans would be far better exposure than what the P5 is chasing.

That list is $5M in bonus money. Does anyone remember how much the ESPN contract kicks in to the conference? I was thinking $7M per yr but my memory shouldn't be trusted. If the ESPN pool is greater than the bonuses paid then no bonus schools end a little ahead of where they would be without the ESPN deal. Last year the bonuses were bigger than the ESPN money so no bonus schools made less money than they would have without the ESPN deal. Not a lot less, $50-$75K less my untrustworthy memory says. I read in the Idaho Statesman but am too lazy to search it out, if it is even still available.

CSU was a no bonus school last year. Hopefully if CSU wins vs WYO and SJSU the will be worthy of ESPN2 for the Hawaii game.

That list is $5M in bonus money. Does anyone remember how much the ESPN contract kicks in to the conference? I was thinking $7M per yr but my memory shouldn't be trusted. If the ESPN pool is greater than the bonuses paid then no bonus schools end a little ahead of where they would be without the ESPN deal. Last year the bonuses were bigger than the ESPN money so no bonus schools made less money than they would have without the ESPN deal. Not a lot less, $50-$75K less my untrustworthy memory says. I read in the Idaho Statesman but am too lazy to search it out, if it is even still available.

CSU was a no bonus school last year. Hopefully if CSU wins vs WYO and SJSU the will be worthy of ESPN2 for the Hawaii game.

I believe it's $6M.  The number was reported as $18 million total so 18 - 12 (CBS $) = $6M.

I believe it's $6M. The number was reported as $18 million total so 18 - 12 (CBS $) = $6M.

Yes $6M is correct so if the total is currently at 5M and another Saturday conference game is played then Vegas and SDSU are playing hoops on ESPN for free.

I feel bad for SDSU as Boise bent them over a barrel and pulled down their pants. Livengood was pimping this deal however which shows what a moron he is.