Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

2014 Border War CSU-WYO Thread

Well, it is officially Sheep week for the Cowboys.  This is one of the truly great rivalries in college football.  This will be the 106th meeting between the two teams.  I stole this from Wikipedia but this a good quick rundown of the Bronze Boot history:

In 1968, the ROTC detachments of the respective schools initiated the Bronze Boot, a traveling trophy awarded to the winner of the “Border War” each year. The boot was worn in the Vietnam War by Cpt. Dan J. Romero, an Adams State Collegegraduate and Army ROTC instructor at CSU between 1967 and 1969. Each year leading up to the Colorado State–Wyoming game, the game ball is carried in a running shuttle relay by the ROTC detachment of the visiting team along US 287 to the Colorado–Wyoming border, where the home team's ROTC detachment receives it and runs the game ball to the stadium hosting the game. The trophy is guarded by the ROTC unit of the past year's winning school during the game.

Colorado State leads the series 56-44-5

Wyoming leads the Bronze Boot series 24-22

Of course everyone knows what The Boot looks like but here it is anyway:

300px-Bronze_boot.jpg

It's a huge spread. And with so many of our defenders down, and our offense misfiring 3/4 of each game, this could get ugly. Our bright spots are runningback and receiver on offense and defense... I would say Nzeocha, but I fear his season may be done and he was our best defender and most consistent tackler. After him, Probably Mertens, and if he continues where he left off against SJSU, Yarbrough as well. Everyone else is, at best, inconsistent as all hell. Hell, we STILL don't have an INT of  ANY sort! Though we do force quite a few fumbles at least.

Here's to a good and hard fought Border War and no more injuries.

It is a huge spread, and I wouldn't bet it with your money.  CSU is having a great year so far, and has found a way to overcome adversity in every tough game but one.  A definite blowout on paper.  This would be much easier if the game were played on paper.  However, you guys have what I believe to be a great coach, and he's been around long enough to know that winning the big rivalry game is the biggest step he can take towards getting his players and recruits to buy in.  Speaking of recruits, we share a lot of them.  I'd have to think he understands that this could be a big step towards winning his share.  I am positive that Bohl has been looking at, and planning for this game since he got there.  This will be a battle worthy of our USU game IMO.

No better year to stomp the Pokes than this one with your new coach and rash of injuries, but I haven't seen the Pokes lay down in this game yet.  We will need our A game.  I hope (and am actually very sure) that our coaches are making sure that the players are looking at football, not stats.  It'll be a hell of a battle more than likely, and here's to an injury free game and a hard fought RAM win.

Now, that's the end of any respect I'll give you guys until when (if) you earn it on Saturday in front of our full house.

You are going down like a sorority princess at a cock fight.  The only mercy we'll show you ladies will be to put our second and third string into the game in the second quarter.  The memo has already gone out to the beer vendors to only serve you non-alchoholic beverages because even your fans don't have enough sand to man it through this game.  If any brown and yellow clad players manage to make it to the end of the game, we intend to petition for a fifth quarter just so we can finish them off.  I'd say something about unleashing hell, but we'll save that for a D1 team.

Wyobraska, I'll work on your new avatar after the game.

Wyopride, quit drinking the lube.  That's the wrong hole.

Well, it is officially Sheep week for the Cowboys.  This is one of the truly great rivalries in college football.  This will be the 106th meeting between the two teams.  I stole this from Wikipedia but this a good quick rundown of the Bronze Boot history:

In 1968, the ROTC detachments of the respective schools initiated the Bronze Boot, a traveling trophy awarded to the winner of the “Border War” each year. The boot was worn in the Vietnam War by Cpt. Dan J. Romero, an Adams State Collegegraduate and Army ROTC instructor at CSU between 1967 and 1969. Each year leading up to the Colorado State–Wyoming game, the game ball is carried in a running shuttle relay by the ROTC detachment of the visiting team along US 287 to the Colorado–Wyoming border, where the home team's ROTC detachment receives it and runs the game ball to the stadium hosting the game. The trophy is guarded by the ROTC unit of the past year's winning school during the game.

Colorado State leads the series 56-44-5

Wyoming leads the Bronze Boot series 24-22

Of course everyone knows what The Boot looks like but here it is anyway:

300px-Bronze_boot.jpg

One of the best traditions in sports. I always try to get out there to see the run at some point. A perfect tailgate for the game would begin in the parking lot of the old Stateline Cafe- pancakes, grilled sauasage, and Bloody Marys just before the exchange there...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

It is a huge spread, and I wouldn't bet it with your money.  CSU is having a great year so far, and has found a way to overcome adversity in every tough game but one.  A definite blowout on paper.  This would be much easier if the game were played on paper.  However, you guys have what I believe to be a great coach, and he's been around long enough to know that winning the big rivalry game is the biggest step he can take towards getting his players and recruits to buy in.  Speaking of recruits, we share a lot of them.  I'd have to think he understands that this could be a big step towards winning his share.  I am positive that Bohl has been looking at, and planning for this game since he got there.  This will be a battle worthy of our USU game IMO.

No better year to stomp the Pokes than this one with your new coach and rash of injuries, but I haven't seen the Pokes lay down in this game yet.  We will need our A game.  I hope (and am actually very sure) that our coaches are making sure that the players are looking at football, not stats.  It'll be a hell of a battle more than likely, and here's to an injury free game and a hard fought RAM win.

You were doing so well until that sentence. You put "Ram" instead of "Pokes". An honest mistake any of you guys could make. :P

Now, that's the end of any respect I'll give you guys until when (if) you earn it on Saturday in front of our full house.

You are going down like a sorority princess at a cock fight.  The only mercy we'll show you ladies will be to put our second and third string into the game in the second quarter.  The memo has already gone out to the beer vendors to only serve you non-alchoholic beverages because even your fans don't have enough sand to man it through this game.  If any brown and yellow clad players manage to make it to the end of the game, we intend to petition for a fifth quarter just so we can finish them off.  I'd say something about unleashing hell, but we'll save that for a D1 team.

You sir, are going down like lolspazz goes down on Schmee Dart and Lappy Ribbs before him. The only mercy we'll show you is you get to see the boot for the last time in Fort Collins.

And you underestimate a Wyo fan's beer drinking ability, win OR loose.

Wyobraska, I'll work on your new avatar after the game.

Wyopride, quit drinking the lube.  That's the wrong hole.

Unfortunately no Bibbs to steam roll that defense again.

However, we instead have HOLLYWOOD Higgins.

Over/under 200yds receiving and 3 TDs for the big man?

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

Want to thank WYO fans in advance for helping push CSU's case for a new stadium and let's not forget the USU fans recently.

I think the real key in this game is if CSU races out to a sizable lead and that would be difficult for WYO to catch up.  If the game is close, WYO has a shot to win this game.

If the game is close, WYO has a shot to win this game.

post-649-1350915975.jpg

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Unfortunately no Bibbs for me to blow.

However, I instead have HOLLYWOOD Higgins.

Over/under 200 strokes for me receiving and 3 BJs for the big man?

Glad you found someone else to occupy your mouth. 

Great Week. I love the border war.  So many friends that couldn't get into CSU headed North for a sub par education. JK

I think the RAMS win this one going away.  Coach MAC knows the importance of the rivalry to the fan base and that is all former players talk about are the games against the pokes.  We will be ready to play in front of our second consecutive sold out stadium. GO RAMS!!!

The last time rams were unanimous in believing the game would be a blowout it was last year and they were predicting Wyo in a laugher. So every ram fan thinking they'll win big makes me feel a bit better about our chances. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

if CSU races out to a sizable lead and that would be difficult for WYO to catch up. 

captain-obvious.jpg

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Forgot to include the chance of WYO losing as well which probably will still be the case.

Do you have any other bold predictions outside of the ones you already made?

I haven't checked the weather forecast, but I'm thinking weather could be a big factor. If it's snowing this Saturday, it could be cold out.

Do you have any other bold predictions outside of the ones you already made?

I haven't checked the weather forecast, but I'm thinking weather could be a big factor. If it's snowing this Saturday, it could be cold out.

You sure about that?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/college/csu/football/2014/10/20/csu-expects-another-sellout-border-war-vs-wyoming/17625493/

Wyoming cares so much about this game they returned 500 tickets. HAHAHAHA More Ram fans the better as Saturday is expected to be another sell out. Boot is gonna stay in FOCO where it belongs.