Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

SDSU @ Nevada

Not when it's taken out of context. 

Isn't it contextually what you are saying?

A small percentage of people in a large metro cannot fill a stadium, so it must be pathetic?  You literally asked if another city had such a small percentage.  It's exactly why we say using percentage is kind of useless.  Otherwise, I can just call pretty much anyone pathetic because Hampden-Sydney can get 5k, and the city is around 6k.  Or Clemson or Auburn for that matter.

We are so into SDSU's head they have to hope for and imagine our players will be so tired and beat up that we could actually lose to the 'tecs.

Obviously, they don't believe their players are good enough to win unless NV is fatigued from a road trip that ends 6 days before we play them. They don't seem to have much confidence in their team and coaches. They seem to think they need additional help from Hawaii to have a chance to win.

I guess that is what happens when you get your a$$ handed to you by Fresno.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

We are so into SDSU's head they have to hope for and imagine our players will be so tired and beat up that we could actually lose to the 'tecs.

Obviously, they don't believe their players are good enough to win unless NV is fatigued from a road trip that ends 6 days before we play them. They don't seem to have much confidence in their team and coaches. They seem to think they need additional help from Hawaii to have a chance to win.

I guess that is what happens when you get your a$$ handed to you by Fresno.

don't confuse a week off for the Aztecs ... giving us time to toy with you as fear on our part ... when was the last time we lost to you anyway?

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

don't confuse a week off for the Aztecs ... giving us time to toy with you as fear on our part ... when was the last time we lost to you anyway?

Another frightened Aztec.

Don't worry. By the time the season is over you will be so used to losing the realization that it will happen every Friday or Saturday won't scare you as much.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Another frightened Aztec.

Don't worry. By the time the season is over you will be so used to losing the realization that it will happen every Friday or Saturday won't scare you as much.

I must have missed the answer ... when was the last time Nevada beat SDSU?

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

I must have missed the answer ... when was the last time Nevada beat SDSU?

Off the top of my head I want to say early 2000s.....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Off the top of your fat bald head, you'd be wrong. By about 60 years.

Nevada last beat SDSU in 1946.

Wow so angry.

I was just looking up the answer and yes you are correct. Geez.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Can't help it. You're insufferable.

Jesus, what did I do to you?

I just see this as a typical MWC game where one team can be playing lights out and another like chit. Just like most MW games, anyone can win. No one knows when their WTF games pop up, even with a lot of positive on paper and between the lines.

So.....just like any decent goofball fan, I think we win if we show up. And being at home, I think they'll get up even if they might be flat if the game were in SD. Bottom line, we're going to kick your asss!!! Just kidding, anything could happen and these are usually close games.

kat.jpg

You guys have indoor plumbing at the erector set yet or am I going to have use porta potties or piss off that bridge to the parking structure?

We have both

If a program is selling out on a regular basis, the percentage of market penetration is a non factor, you're obviously maxed out for attendance.  If however, your average attendance is 20K below stadium capacity, as is the case with both USC and UCLA, you better be doing everything you can to increase attendance.  In that market, with no NFL teams to compete with, a .5% market share for home attendance is pathetic.  You can bet both schools are making an effort to increase their fan base.  There's no excuse not to sell out a 93K stadium in a market with a metro area population of 18 million. 

See how dumb your example is?

Shredding your percentage argument was fun (and easy).

Isn't it contextually what you are saying?

A small percentage of people in a large metro cannot fill a stadium, so it must be pathetic?  You literally asked if another city had such a small percentage.  It's exactly why we say using percentage is kind of useless.  Otherwise, I can just call pretty much anyone pathetic because Hampden-Sydney can get 5k, and the city is around 6k.  Or Clemson or Auburn for that matter.

No, and it's not complicated.  If a school only needs 1% of the market or less to fill their stadium, and all they can muster is .5%.  Yeah, that's pathetic.  I don't care how you try to spin it.

You should read comments two or three times, because you seem to miss a lot.  It's no biggie, but if you're going to call someone out, you should at least get things straight.  I literally ask if another city had such a small percentage?  This is what I said, and it holds true, "That's gotta be around the lowest, if not the lowest level of interest for any college FB team in the country." 

SDSU gets a pass though, because they're playing in a rented stadium that's a little more than twice the size they need.  I think if they had the choice, they'd prefer a stadium with seating capacity somewhere around 32K, so they could sell it out on a fairly consistent basis. 

Never knew Aztec fans were so sensitive about their attendance.

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg