Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

MWC Basketball Recruiting 2014-15

yeah I wouldn't source the lobolair as credible lol

edit: not saying SDSU didn't offer but regardless wasn't priority

LOL!  And you know this because Fisher always confers with you regarding recruiting matters?  

LOL!  And you know this because Fisher always confers with you regarding recruiting matters?  

He knows this because the Aztecs have offers and are down selected by 2 top 25 players at that position for 2016. The Aztecs don't have to really push for recruits 2 years before they are available to start classes. The only way they would accept anyone at this point for 2016 is if they were top 50 type players. Players move a lot between the end of their sophomore seasons and the end of the senior seasons, If Mitch improves that is great. If his movement is the other direction, you will have a very average player. For teams that can pull in top 100 players, there is no reason to take that chance. Hopefully this works out well for the Lobos. 

If you have a credible source that the Aztecs offered, I would like to see it. I have seen nothing saying that. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

That's what scares me about our lack of bodies in the 15 class so far though. If things go as they have gone every year, I wonder if we will have enough bodies to fill a bench.

Time to bring on some walk ons. Does Chopper Jones have a brother?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

That's what scares me about our lack of bodies in the 15 class so far though. If things go as they have gone every year, I wonder if we will have enough bodies to fill a bench.

It won't matter. You see turnover similar to what we have seen I don't think Rice will even be here.

I won't jump to that conclusion just yet. Got ourselves a good group of kids who could potentially all be here for 2 or more years.

Our main recruits for 2015 need to be our young returners. If that happens 2015 means little to nothing.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

He knows this because the Aztecs have offers and are down selected by 2 top 25 players at that position for 2016. The Aztecs don't have to really push for recruits 2 years before they are available to start classes. The only way they would accept anyone at this point for 2016 is if they were top 50 type players. Players move a lot between the end of their sophomore seasons and the end of the senior seasons, If Mitch improves that is great. If his movement is the other direction, you will have a very average player. For teams that can pull in top 100 players, there is no reason to take that chance. Hopefully this works out well for the Lobos. 

If you have a credible source that the Aztecs offered, I would like to see it. I have seen nothing saying that. 

Replace "Aztecs" with any team that recruits in the top 30.

Offers are just offers. Doesn't necessarily mean the kid can call up and commit right then and there. Unless you're a top 20 player. Top 50 for some teams. Top 150 for UNM.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Typical Mark and Lobolair BS. SDSU has never offered. I follow SDSU's recruiting closely, no mention of him. Show me a Rivals, Scout, or 247 that mentions SDSU.

I get it, you got an awesome top 140 player, let that stand on its own. You don't need to try to make it better by making up offers.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Fresno State has 11 players on scholarship this season, after seldom used SF Broderick Newbill decided to transfer (UMKC). Fresno State has one senior on scholarship, Alex Davis. That leaves 3 available for next year. They currently have one verbal commitment for 2015, SG Michael Kolawole. That leaves 2 scholarships available for 2015, plus any players that leave. 

Kolawole never had an offer from us.  His commitment was BS.

Kolawole never had an offer from us.  His commitment was BS.

I trust the source I got that from, and they have changed it to reflect your above statement  B)

His twitter account says he decommitted. 

Bestinthewest just posted: "Offers are just offers. Doesn't necessarily mean the kid can call up and commit right then and there. Unless you're a top 20 player. Top 50 for some teams. Top 150 for UNM."

This is probably an example of BitW's statement. 

I trust the source I got that from, and they have changed it to reflect your above statement  B)

He said he "decommitted" from us a few days ago....but it's basically word of god that he didn't have an offer.   Not much more definitive than the person who talked to our scout publisher  :P

Twitter

36 days ago from Michael Kolawole: I am happy to say that I have verbally committed to Fresno State. I want to thank all the other schools that recruited me. #BLESSED

34 days ago from BulldogPlaybook.com:  My sources tell me that Garland (TX) Rowlett shooting guard Michael Kolawole doesn't even have an offer from #FresnoState.

I guess I didn't read this site enough. 

Typical Mark and Lobolair BS. SDSU has never offered. I follow SDSU's recruiting closely, no mention of him. Show me a Rivals, Scout, or 247 that mentions SDSU.

I get it, you got an awesome top 140 player, let that stand on its own. You don't need to try to make it better by making up offers.

If you follow it closely you know he took an unofficial to State for a game, right? Speaking with his Coach Jon Ortega, he tells me SDSU had offered. Hes with the AzPower on Twitter. I suggest you take it up with him and you can call him a liar or whatever you want. Doesnt matter to me. Heres an article below stating that he visited state.

August 1st (UteNation)
With unofficials already taken to New Mexico, Arizona, ASU, SDSU, Grand Canyon, Portland, and Washington. He plans on taking more during his fall break, although he says he has been to Utah before and loves the state.

https://arizonavarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1664973

"I really feel like Utah is a great program in a great place, with a great fan base," said Lightfoot. "It's a privilege to be recruited by them."

Lightfoot's other offers are from ASU, New Mexico, Creighton, UNLV, Grand Canyon, Portland, and NAU-but just talking with him, it is apparent that he is excited about the Utes and the potential opportunity to work with Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak.

https://arizonavarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1659610

Now, I can tell you a few things. UNLV was recruiting him. Its in every article. On Rivals, on scout, on 24/7 and on a podcast he did with me a month ago. I also know by talking to people that UNLV offered. But I dont expect you to believe me.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/mitch-lightfoot

https://arizonavarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1664973

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lair-radio/2014/08/14/interviews-with-new-asst-coach-alan-huss-mitch-lightfoot-and-sam-logwood

(16:35 mark you can hear it from his mouth in the above link)

Getting back to SDSU, I was told he got offered from SDSU. Ill be honest when I tell you im not sure how hard they were recruiting him at the end. Im pretty sure everyone knew he was coming to UNM so its very possible SDSU didn't want to waste their time or they decided to go in a different direction. Maybe you guys signed someone that took his place. I dont know because I dont follow SDSU recruiting other than kids we are mutual on. Thats just a guess on my part, however, UNLV offered him on June 6th, 2014.

Lets just say a kid does drive 6 or 7 hours from Tucson (at the time) to San Diego on a unofficial if your staff isn't interested. You can say whatever you want, call me a liar or whatever but it speaks for itself.

If anyone follows recruiting you know one thing. Your right one day and wrong the next. Things can change quickly and for no reason. Its the way it works. Shoot, Mitch told me a month ago that he was going to sign late now and that he was going to hold off. Before that the original outlook was that he would likely commit on his visit like he ended up doing after all.

I dont check this site too much but you know my twitter.

6/15/2014