Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCA

San Jose State at San Diego State

Spartans win. Why? Because I am a homer and wouldn't say otherwise.

Seriouslsy, the Spartans are playing good football. They held their own against a very good Stanford team (20-17 loss), the QB (Fales) is playing extremely well and the DLine is exponentially better than what we have had at SJS in many, many years. The defensive backfield is the Spartans weakness. If that group improves it will be a good night for the Spartans.

Final...SJS 24....SDSU 20

Sdsu wins. Why? Except for being the better team, no particular reason.

Were going to ignore your "opinion" besides you believing all you say is fact, your just, well.....Dumb

Sdsu wins. Why? Except for being the better team, no particular reason.

I don't believe SDS is the better team.... home field may give the Aztecs a slight advantage, but I expect a very even match up... Fales may be the difference.. he's better than Katz and the SJS receiving core is right at the top on the west coast... w/o a doubt.... tune in and see for yourself and maybe you'll slow down your elitist tone when it comes to SJS, USU and really, anybody outside of your son's academy....now I expect your retort will include a PH in front of your uck when trying to loudly explain why you are the 'all knowing'....

I don't believe SDS is the better team.... home field may give the Aztecs a slight advantage, but I expect a very even match up... Fales may be the difference.. he's better than Katz and the SJS receiving core is right at the top on the west coast... w/o a doubt.... tune in and see for yourself and maybe you'll slow down your elitist tone when it comes to SJS, USU and really, anybody outside of your son's academy....now I expect your retort will include a PH in front of your uck when trying to loudly explain why you are the 'all knowing'....

Cut him some slack....just his 'phucking' opinion.

SDSU wins if they get a pass rush and at least one FG, if not SJSU will win. It does help that the Aztecs are at home, should be a close game decided late in the 4th.

88...I agree that the SDSU pass rush will be key. The SJS Oline has played very well this year. They have protected Fales every game. SJS has an outstanding group of receivers. With protection and with these receivers Fales has picked the opposition apart. The Spartan downfall against Stanford was too many dropped passes (including an open receiver for a potential TD). We have not seen the drops over the last two games.

I'll be in SD wearing my blue and gold (my brother is a SDSU grad so he will have his red and black going for him)

Funny thing, for all the issues re Spartan attendance we seem to show up in numbers in places like Stanford and San Diego. But not so much at home.

This

Cut him some slack....just his 'phucking' opinion.

The purpose of the thread is to elicit "phucking" opinions on this game. I think SJSU will win by at least one point. I agree with Billings, SJSU has the better coach. Long will eventually put SDSU back to sleep

GO POKES!!!

SJSU is playing Better football then SDSU right now and I think SJSU has the better coach

I agree. Curious to see what the spread is. I like SJS by a field goal. Katz will have to beat the Spartans, I don't expect them to be able to run on San Jose.

SJS's performance against Stanford looks more impressive now. Davis, they got off to a slow start, which is not surprising coming off the Stanford game, then they handled CSU.

SDSU struggled to put away North Dakota, North Dakota is good btw. But SDSU gave up too many points. Their defensive effort against UW doesn't look as impressive now as it did at the time either.

Plus, I don't trust Katz.

Spartans should win. They need this game too. If they are really back, then this is a game they should win.

I love Spartan QB Fales' accuracy so far. He's a WR's dream in terms of delivering the ball on target. Lots of smarter people than me that can give you the "whys" as to their giving SJSU the edge, but I see a close game. SJSU is disciplined and seems to be much deeper than in years past. Special teams has been pretty solid, too. Skill players? Got plenty of those. Also, the defensive line is finally putting some pressure on the opposing QB (Travis Johnson and Travis Raciti stand out thus far). In the end, I think SJSU prevails, 33-31...

SJSU wins this one going away because I just think everything about SDSU sucks, outside of SD itself.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg