Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoser

Lobos at TT this week

FB team looked very strong against Texas State last week and the BB team is in turmoil with Bill Gilespie on the verge of being fired after some shady practicing. Best player also says he will not be back if Gilespie is kept on as HC. http://espn.go.com/m...-gillispie-back

I hope the FB team does not take out some frustration on the Lobos. QB Holbrook may not play as he is still shaking off the injury he suffered at UT and the best reciever (Thomas) will be out as well. IF Holbrook does not play this could be another big loss for the Lobos. I think Holbrook can keep it from getting out of hand if he stays healthy.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

You're schedule is kinda brutal for a team who has new everything...if I were a Lobo, I'd be content scheduling more FCS foes, and wiping the field with them until Davie gets his players and schemes installed. Wins would boost morale for a struggling team...what could it hurt? It's not like you'll be contending for a BCS shot the next few years anyways, so who cares about SOS?

"They're a bunch of jealous little dicks who use the anonymity of the internet to insult people who're doing what they wish they were doing." ~ Holden McNeil

I don't think Davie had anything to do with this schedule. Probably on Locksley.

- UNLV nor UNM would not join the BE even if our football program was 10 times better

- UNLV nor UNM will never scatter its sports in different conferences

- UNLV and UNM are West schools and this is where they will be associated with other regional rivals

- UNLV nor UNM will not join you in basketball or any other sport in the Big West

- UNLV nor UNM will not be a member of any olympic sports only western conference

- UNLV and UNM respects all members of this conference and wishes them well

- UNLV and UNM are focused on bigger goals and if the time comes to leave I hope our fans will say thank you to MWC and do this with class, something that you never had

On personal note:

- I don't care if SDSU is ever in the same conference with UNLV or UNM again

- I hope that SDSU departs and learns a lesson the hard way

- Your basketball program deserves few year in the BW to teach you modesty

- Your fans calling MWC all sorts of names don't deserve a second chance.

- You burned your bridges behind, I wish you would be gone after this season.

- I hope that the BE f#@^s you over so good that you will understand how a REAL butthurt feels

I don't think Davie had anything to do with this schedule. Probably on Locksley.

I doubt Davie had anything to do with it...future scheduling is where I was getting at.

"They're a bunch of jealous little dicks who use the anonymity of the internet to insult people who're doing what they wish they were doing." ~ Holden McNeil

Lobos have had some horrificly tough OOC slates the last several years...give it a few years and you start winning some of these games again, not long since beating the TTechs and Missouris of the world, while owning the UTEPs and NMSUs. UNM is definitely on the right track with the new hire, but not sure there is much ceiling with B.R. Holbrook- fortunately this year is all house money anyway.

Lobo's by 3....you heard it here first.

I don't see that happening withough our Holbrook.

Our QB is questionable for this game. I think Davie should just sit him out and have him ready for NMSU and Boise St coming up.

Saying that, there's a world of difference between this 1-1 Lobos team and Lock's teams already.

Like I said before the Texas game....UNM just needs to be competitive. They did that for the first half at Texas before running out of steam.

roflbot.jpg

I don't see that happening withough our Holbrook.

Our QB is questionable for this game. I think Davie should just sit him out and have him ready for NMSU and Boise St coming up.

Saying that, there's a world of difference between this 1-1 Lobos team and Lock's teams already.

Like I said before the Texas game....UNM just needs to be competitive. They did that for the first half at Texas before running out of steam.

Yeah, just throwing it out there. You never know though....it's uncharted territory for these players and having a gameday coach who is disciplined......puncher's chance. Not convinced that TT is anywhere near as good as UT. That's why they play 'em.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

I don't know why they are calling it "brutal" afterall the OOC consist of an FCS, 2 WAC, a ranked Big12 team and a mid pack Big12 team at best.

If anything this should be the way they should schedule every year. Except throw in a CUSA team in there instead of 2 WAC teams.

roflbot.jpg

Lobo fan should get with CSU Fresno fan this week to get their moral victory calculators squared away. They're going to need them.

If SDS was playing TT this weekend you would be getting your moral victory calculator warmed up as well, trust me on that one.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

Lobo's by 3....you heard it here first.

Chile Ute I love your optimism but if the Lobos keep it under 20 that would be big. TT is too strong for the lobos and Holbrook is gimpy right now.

Chile Ute I love your optimism but if the Lobos keep it under 20 that would be big. TT is too strong for the lobos and Holbrook is gimpy right now.

Meh.....just throwing it out there. No reason not to be optimistic (with a touch of reality).....I think they do better than most think.

TT has yet to prove anything to me, and I don't think they are near as good as UT. I think the Lobos get their attention and worry them a bit......but you're right, deck is stacked against the Lobos. I just threw out a number to be different.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!