Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RaisinsofWrath

I know they are our WAC Brethern...

Still waiting.............

.Why does BSU not want to play Ore & S. Miss back to back on the road?.....

Cause they suck Donkey d!ck :lol:

MOST HATED TEAM IN AMERICA!!!!! DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!

BUCK WITH BRONCO AND BYU OR BUCK THE HELL OFF!!!!

Because it's not a easy thing to do and Boise St would rather take the easier route. Look at BYU this year, they took out Arizona at home, then went to the Rose Bowl and lost to UCLA. Then went to Tulsa the next week who came out with totally new O taking BYU by surprise. Now if BYU would have won either game, maybe they would be playing in a BC$ Bowl. In Boise St doing a form of "Ducking"? For sure they are, but they are very smart schedulers and have been for year. Normally they start with a easy win (1DAA or a poor D1 team) to give the team a shot of confidence from the get go. They also normally will only play 1 BC$ team each year and more than not a Northwest team (Oregon St, Washington St, Oregon, and Washington). The other two are normally top half non-auto team and a bottom non-auto team. Thus trying to make sure the worst they do OOC is 2-2, but a very good chance of going 3-1 or 4-0.

:unsure:

Well its quite obvious. First Boise St plays at least 1/2 their OOC games as home games refusing to buy into the notion that the programs promised land is in some other schools home stadium. Second, Boise St doesn't feel they have to schedule two roadies in a row for OOC games, getting enough of that treatment in conference games. Third, they wanted to throw the Fresno anyone, anytime, anywhere loyalists into a tizzy of uncontrollable handwringing and finger pointing.

I see TCUBobby is out and running his troll mouth again. Same old stuff kiss BSU's this kiss BSU's that. He is a troll BSU fan big deal. Funny though this time he attacks BYU instead of TCU. Getting bored TCUBobby?

First off you have yet to provide any prooof that BYU backed out of a game vs BSU. I do have to say though I did think they backed out of one too, but I couldn't find anything to support that with a quick search. Either way it is irrelevant because that was during Crowtons reign of terror and he did have a tendency to back out of games with teams he previously lost too. Now we have Bronco and he isn't scared of anyone. In fact rumor has it by a BSU fan that BYU approached BSU for a renewal between the two teams for a 1 and 1. BSU's AD supposably said he wanted a 2 for 1. If this is true he would know that BYU would never agree to those terms since we can get real teams with a WAY larger upside then BSU on our schedule for a 1 and 1. Heck BSU can barely get bad teams tyo agree to that deal, after all a 30K stadium and one of the worst recriuting states in the country. If the rumor started by a BSU fan is true it looks more like BSU is dodgeing BYU then the other way around. Why else take Wyoming for a 1 and 1 deal and not take BYU unless you're scared. Can't bkame them the last time BSU played BYU they barely beat a 5-6 squad on their own home turf with one of their best teams in the last decade and possibly since their programs beginning. Imagine what a BYU squad with a winning record would do to their team now. :P

As far as BSU dodging, since when is this news? They have always scheduled down in their OOC EVERYBODY knows this. They have always tried to make their situation as winnable as possible and I can't blame them they now have a reputation to keep up. Heck their dodging of GT for a bad CUSA team is enough proof for everyone that they don't want to take any chances of losing and dropping out of the top 25 their fanbase would explode and all their bandwagon fans would go south again.

BSU out gained Washington and lost due to turn overs in the redzone. I wont try and let something like the truth get in the way of the MWC fans crusade against BSU though. Carry on, Im done with this increasingly lame thread.

Halfman truth flew out the door when most BSU fans trolling these boards spoke up. Defend your Washington loss all you want but no one cares. We lost to tulsa because of turnovers, penalties, and mostly due to having no idea what type of offense they would run and having them run their entire gamebook including all their trick plays for the first time against our defesne yet you all seem to ignore those facts when it is convient so why should we care as to why BSU got handled?

Don't expect respect and understanding when your own fanbase gives none in return.

I am loving this, I feel like we're BYU of the late 80s and 90s where everyone either loves us or hates us and no matter what we do it matters to people and they have an opinion about it. Sorry, just basking in all the attention. Continue discussing...

Thats because your fanbase is strangely BYUish. Like it or not you are the BYU of today that is why you are treated as such. The interesting part is the real BYU maybe wanting that arogant stance, over opinionated and spot light back and they maybe getting good enough to get it. Time will tell.

I see TCUBobby is out and running his troll mouth again. Same old stuff kiss BSU's this kiss BSU's that. He is a troll BSU fan big deal. Funny though this time he attacks BYU instead of TCU. Getting bored TCUBobby?

First off you have yet to provide any prooof that BYU backed out of a game vs BSU. I do have to say though I did think they backed out of one too, but I couldn't find anything to support that with a quick search. Either way it is irrelevant because that was during Crowtons reign of terror and he did have a tendency to back out of games with teams he previously lost too. Now we have Bronco and he isn't scared of anyone. In fact rumor has it by a BSU fan that BYU approached BSU for a renewal between the two teams for a 1 and 1. BSU's AD supposably said he wanted a 2 for 1. If this is true he would know that BYU would never agree to those terms since we can get real teams with a WAY larger upside then BSU on our schedule for a 1 and 1. Heck BSU can barely get bad teams tyo agree to that deal, after all a 30K stadium and one of the worst recriuting states in the country. If the rumor started by a BSU fan is true it looks more like BSU is dodgeing BYU then the other way around. Why else take Wyoming for a 1 and 1 deal and not take BYU unless you're scared. Can't bkame them the last time BSU played BYU they barely beat a 5-6 squad on their own home turf with one of their best teams in the last decade and possibly since their programs beginning. Imagine what a BYU squad with a winning record would do to their team now. :P

As far as BSU dodging, since when is this news? They have always scheduled down in their OOC EVERYBODY knows this. They have always tried to make their situation as winnable as possible and I can't blame them they now have a reputation to keep up. Heck their dodging of GT for a bad CUSA team is enough proof for everyone that they don't want to take any chances of losing and dropping out of the top 25 their fanbase would explode and all their bandwagon fans would go south again.

The 2004 BSU team was much like the 2001 BYU team. They won a lot of games, but were probably a bit overrated.

The 2004 BSU team was much like the 2001 BYU team. They won a lot of games, but were probably a bit overrated.

Oh so what player did their entire season hinge on? The 2001 BYU team relied soley upon one offensive player and when he was lost they stunk. That is what happens when you have a bad coach who literally puts all his eggs into one basket.

And I will tell you the 2001 BYU team was way overrated and quite a bit lucky, more like Hawaii 2007. Your 2004 team was a more complete team then BYU 2001, I wouldn't put the 2001 team into my top 10 catagory but maybe you wouldn't put that BSU team after all you are their fan, scores don't indicate talent all the time look at Hawaii and Ohio State.

Well its quite obvious. First Boise St plays at least 1/2 their OOC games as home games refusing to buy into the notion that the programs promised land is in some other schools home stadium. Second, Boise St doesn't feel they have to schedule two roadies in a row for OOC games, getting enough of that treatment in conference games. Third, they wanted to throw the Fresno anyone, anytime, anywhere loyalists into a tizzy of uncontrollable handwringing and finger pointing.

That's not to bad...

cept as to your assertion of 1/2 of the OOC games at home..that's OK.. but... both Ore & S. Miss have/we're already scheduled as Rd games.... in the same season.. the Ore game was moved to the week before the scheduled SM game to accommodate ESPN... thus making two previously scheduled OOC Rd games.. back-to-back...

Your second,.. not wanting to schedule two games in a row, because there is enough of that during conference.... is reasonable.. but the question is why? What are the feared consequences, that would make BSU back out of a previously scheduled game in SM,so they would not have two OOC games in a row?...... why are the possible consequences feared? & why fear them at all... That is the crux ....

third.... The only loyalists that are in a tizzy of uncontrollable handwringing and finger pointing are BSU fans responding to the sunshining of their soft scheduling philosophy..... which was originally done, ironically, by the BSU AD....

Dirt Sorcerer

Why are we having a BSU/Fresno pissing match here on the MWC board again? Just curious--I seem to remember neither are in the MWC, nor do I think they play anyone from the MWC this upcoming year (though I am not sure--they may play Wyoming or something).

Let's face it--if BYU, Utah, or TCU (or any other MWC school) managed to run the table, they would go to a BCS bowl over any team from the Wac. I don't think that is really disputable. And that's about all I care about with the Wac.

Thats because your fanbase is strangely BYUish. Like it or not you are the BYU of today that is why you are treated as such. The interesting part is the real BYU maybe wanting that arogant stance, over opinionated and spot light back and they maybe getting good enough to get it. Time will tell.

I don't like that some of our fans (and some claiming to be our fans) come here and are total idiots. That clearly represents a VERY small portion of our fan base but the problem is they are loud. I do however enjoy the fact that people care what Boise State does, it's an indication to me how far we've come in the last decade (1996 was when I became a BSU fan so that is really the only time frame I know well) and I'm loving it.

As far as BYU getting back to being the BYU of old I don't think they are far away, they have 2 undefeated conference seasons in a row and the recruiting the last 2 years is really picking back up. In the past the difference between good BYU teams and great BYU teams has been discipline, when they don't kill themselves with stupid penalties they can be tough to beat. For example, they probably would have won the UCLA game and the Tulsa game if they had any discipline.

Guest ragtimeJOE

Why are we having a BSU/Fresno pissing match here on the MWC board again? .

:lol::lol:

That is what I was thinking. You know your wac off infection is getting more severe when there are so many of them, they can't even get along with each other.