Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCA

San Jose State at San Diego State

SDSU only because they're home team and their offense looks geared up with lots of point the last two weeks. But I really wouldn't be shocked to SJSU win if they capture some early mo.

I agree SDSU wins because there at home but I wouldnt be shocked if SJSU steals one from SDSU either.

If SJSU was able to stop the Stanford rush (somewhat)....What makes SDSU think they will do better.. Just curious? I admit I have not watched SDSU this year. I just saw North Dakota scored over 40. SJSU's resume seems to be a bit better.

I haven't seen either team this year but, y'all are making it sound like it will be a good game. I can't see that it is on TV. Anyone, know if it will be broadcast on any station or webcast? I have to cheer for the MWC and will be pulling for SDSU. Next year different story.

FIFY

You have really shown why somebody should dislike you. I have been watching this board for awhile before I joined, and by damn, you are turning a new corner in hatred of the oppostion. You almost have me thinking we are the protaganists of the Iron Bowl. San Jose, pay no mind, it will be a great game between us two, and am pleasantly surprised by the respectful banter. Will be a good game, Aztecs Fight!

I haven't seen either team this year but, y'all are making it sound like it will be a good game. I can't see that it is on TV. Anyone, know if it will be broadcast on any station or webcast? I have to cheer for the MWC and will be pulling for SDSU. Next year different story.

I think it will be good, two teams trying to establish themselves, and SJSU is rolling. It is still favored Aztecs, but the last game puts many an Aztec on edge as far as the defense is. The offense should be decent, as long as we can run. My prediction is Aztecs, due to the removal of head from butt on the D, especially the line.

At first glance this looks like an easy San Jose win, but with home field on their side, SD might be able to steal a win if they decide to play violent and try to knock Fales out of the game. If Fales is on form for SJ, Spartans should win by two touchdowns.

All Gold. The rebranded California State University. Est. 1857. Visit us at One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192

At first glance this looks like an easy San Jose win, but with home field on their side, SD might be able to steal a win if they decide to play violent and try to knock Fales out of the game. If Fales is on form for SJ, Spartans should win by two touchdowns.

Based on what? A moral victory against Stanford?

Based on what? A moral victory against Stanford?

Based on the way San Jose is playing vs the way San Diego is playing. From what I can tell, SDSU's weakness on defense is its passing D.. That plays well into San Jose's strengths. San Jose State gave Stanford's running games fits. I dont think they will be intimidated by SDSU at all.

Based on the way San Jose is playing vs the way San Diego is playing. From what I can tell, SDSU's weakness on defense is its passing D.. That plays well into San Jose's strengths. San Jose State gave Stanford's running games fits. I dont think they will be intimidated by SDSU at all.

Unless your QB can scramble like North Dakota's QB, he won't have time to pass the ball. We were killed, like always lately, by a QB that can run and throw on the run. Fales isn't that guy.

Unless your QB can scramble like North Dakota's QB, he won't have time to pass the ball. We were killed, like always lately, by a QB that can run and throw on the run. Fales isn't that guy.

Guess we will see soon enough. Looking forward to this game.

Based on what I've seen so far this year it will be SJSU on top. I'm calling it 31 to 28 but it could be a much bigger win than that, 31 to 14. It should bring a whole new meaning to "Fear the Spear". It will tell us all what the trade off is for MW FB next year.

You haven't been watching Fales. He's shown over and over again in the first three games that he can make those plays.

All Gold. The rebranded California State University. Est. 1857. Visit us at One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192

I, too, think this will be a tight game and have SJSU prevailing 33-31. However, with all the "close call" predictions it's probably going to end up being a case of one team going away. I'm more wrong than I'm right ('tis why I don't bet), but would still lean towards the Spartans in that instance (my middle name isn't "homer," but wouldn't blame Aztec fans for thinking that).

I like the way the Spartans have protected the ball so far this year. Hard to argue the accuracy of QB David Fales (8th in the Nation in accuracy). He's not exactly dinking and dunking to everyone either, as SJSU has turned from begin a largely East-West passing team to more of a North-South passing team, which has been a most welcome development.

As good as SJSU's cadre of WR's have been (Grigsby, Jones and Carr), TE standout Ryan Otten has almost been a non factor (pass-catching, that is), which gives us hope that his ankle will soon be fully healed and he'll continue to be the dangerous target that he's been in year's past.

Am concerned about Senior Left Tackle David Quessenberry, though (ankle injury last weekend). He's been an anchor for the OL. Special teams have been good, if not great. I think SDSU likes to blitz, so if he's not ready then a lot of pressure could be put on his Freshman replacement (Wes Schweitzer).

On Special teams, punting has been solid and our Freshman PK has been perfect - at least until missing a PAT in the 2nd half last week. We have yet to see his mettle in a pressure-cooker situation, but Spartan fans have high hopes for the youngster. Not much going on in the return area, though. It's almost as if (Safety, Kick Returner) Ronnie Yell has been instructed to fair-catch anything and everything that comes his way. Ho-hum there.

I don't know much about SDSU's O-Line, but the Spartan Travis tandem (Johnson and Raciti) are out two best pass rushers. The LB's have been solid, if not spectacular, anchored by Keith Smith, Vince Buhagiar and Derek Muuava.

The game should be entertaining. A high-scoring affair or not, I hope it's injury-free, of course, and also manages to re-kindle a good-natured rivalry between San Diego and San Jose. Big East bound or not, I still think SDSU, SJSU and Fresno State should always play each other... a CA "High Speed Rail Cup", if you will (or some other unique concoction). In terms of in-state match-ups, let's not allow USC-UCLA and Stanford-Cal always rule the day...

I, too, think this will be a tight game and have SJSU prevailing 33-31. However, with all the "close call" predictions it's probably going to end up being a case of one team going away. I'm more wrong than I'm right ('tis why I don't bet), but would still lean towards the Spartans in that instance (my middle name isn't "homer," but wouldn't blame Aztec fans for thinking that).

I like the way the Spartans have protected the ball so far this year. Hard to argue the accuracy of QB David Fales (8th in the Nation in accuracy). He's not exactly dinking and dunking to everyone either, as SJSU has turned from begin a largely East-West passing team to more of a North-South passing team, which has been a most welcome development.

As good as SJSU's cadre of WR's have been (Grigsby, Jones and Carr), TE standout Ryan Otten has almost been a non factor (pass-catching, that is), which gives us hope that his ankle will soon be fully healed and he'll continue to be the dangerous target that he's been in year's past.

Am concerned about Senior Left Tackle David Quessenberry, though (ankle injury last weekend). He's been an anchor for the OL. Special teams have been good, if not great. I think SDSU likes to blitz, so if he's not ready then a lot of pressure could be put on his Freshman replacement (Wes Schweitzer).

On Special teams, punting has been solid and our Freshman PK has been perfect - at least until missing a PAT in the 2nd half last week. Not much in the return area, thought. It's almost as if (Safety, Kick Returer) Ronnie Yell has been instructed to fair-catch anything and everything that comes his way.

I don't know much about SDSU's O-Line, but the Spartan Travis tandem (Johnson and Raciti) are out two best pass rushers. The LB's have been solid, if not spectacular, anchored by Keith Smith, Vince Buhagiar and Derek Muuava.

The game should be entertaining. A high-scoring affair or not, I hope it's injury-free, of course, and also manages to re-kindle a good-natured rivalry between San Diego and San Jose. Big East bound or not, I still think SDSU, SJSU and Fresno State should always play each other... a CA "High Speed Rail Cup, if you will (or some other unique concoction). In terms of in-state match-ups, let's not allow USC-UCLA and Stanford-Cal always rule the day...

. I also believe that sjsu, sdsu and fsu should always play each other. The

Ill take SJSU by two touchdowns. I dont think SDSU will be able to run all that well against SJSU.

One thing I guarantee you SDSU will do is run the football well. No team we have played thus far has really stopped the triple threat rushing attack of Muema, Kazee and Katz. Our run defense on the other hand is very good. If our offense continues to play like they have, we can get pressure on the QB and our secondary actually shows up we will be very tough to beat.