Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cougar

Congrats Boise.

Good job, we got outplayed and BYU will most likely own us 2/3 of the next 3 years. Good job, and I'm done hatin on BYU for the year. BTW you are welcome for the future Heisman candidate Taysom Hill, he was our gift to you (and Stanfords)

Thanks, but this game was a toss up. It shouldn't have been close with 5 turnovers, but it was.

As to the 12 game series, I honestly expect we'll be playing yearly for quite some time. With BYU having a small window to back out of their ESPN contract (for an "AQ" conference, which disappears in 2014), I expect to see them as conference mates in the BE soon.

If they don't join the BE, they'll be stuck in the purgatory that is Independence for years to come.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

I was neutral on this one. :mellow:

Good game, folks.

Sorry we gave you that type of a performance tonight.

I'm tired of BYU playing games like this.

Both teams have a long way to go. BSU just made 1 more play tonight.

Posted Image

Don't stop by much but I don't post on a BSU board either so congrats to BSU fans for the win. Doubt we play out the 12 game series but we are sure to play a few in the coming yrs.

Congrats on the win.

During the game I just kept thinking what a great matchup this is. It would be a shame for these teams not to play every year.

Honestly they should have been Conference mates after 2005 (including TCU).

There is just too much to like about this matchup,even if it makes the coaches uncomfortable.

Don't stop by much but I don't post on a BSU board either so congrats to BSU fans for the win. Doubt we play out the 12 game series but we are sure to play a few in the coming yrs. Congrats on the win.

Agree. That was an ugly game to watch but the better team won in the end.

Kudos to Bronco nation.

v0icAvfW.jpg

I thought BYU should have kicked it. They had the Mo at that point.

I can honestly see both sides of it. I personally feel that BYU should have kicked it. As bad as BYU's FG kicker is I think they probably would have had the advantage in that department which would have been critical in an OT situation.

Bronco made a bad decision. He's not the only HC to do that through the years. The BYU fans calling for his head are ridiculous - and that's being generous IMO. What BYU really needs is a tried and proven OC. Open up the purse a bit and just do it. These "experiments" (i.e. Anae and Doman) just aren't panning out. It's a darn shame when after a year and a half I'm actually missing Robert Anae. :(

It's a horrible shame that what appears to be one of the best BYU defenses of all time has one of the worst BYU offenses in recent memory to complement it. Truth be told, while I've never thought Riley Nelson was a superb QB, he is better than what he's shown the last 2 games with his back injury.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Never any fun to watch a defensive struggle like this game. But, if you like defense this was your cup of tea. Came down to BYU going for the kill shot and missing it. Can't really criticize for that. There were a lot of bad calls in this game and BYU likely didn't want to risk letting BSU hang around any longer than they had to. Judgement call and a bit of a gamble. Very Gutsy ! If it works you're an offensive genius. If it doesn't, you're insane. It's a narrow line ! Well done to BYU and Coach Mendenhall

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

BYU had how many turnovers including one on the 1 yard line and lost by only 1 point.

Tough defensive battle and if either team had an offense that was even close to their D's that team would easily be top 15.

One of the Final Five..........