Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BestintheWest

UNLV fans: GO and Morgan

Beforehand: We get it 18, RR.

No need to post your negative garbage here...we've heard it all.

This topic was simply to shed some light on the 2 newcomers people don't know much about.

Excited about Dwayne Morgan and Goodluck Okonoboh.

Legit 6'8 and 6'10

Morgan can defend the perimeter like JHawkins, but do everything a SF should. He's one of the most complete players we have recruited in awhile.

Goodluck Okonoboh is an absolute monster around the rim. However, alot of people are going to be surprised with his offensive game. He's got that mid range and although he's not physically mature yet..he has Roscoe type motor and a meanness on the court. Competitive!!

Also, Christian Wood supposedly measured at 7 feet today. I believe it...kid was pushing it before and remember he was a young freshman...only turned at 18 last September.

We all want Khem back, but we will be fine without him.

Bringing Khem just means our frontcourt won't skip a beat and hopefully our new PG and shooters spread the floor better.

Should be a fun, interesting summer.

Here's some footage from the Kentucky Classic a few weeks ago

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

They will no doubt be excellent future scapegoats for Rice.

I, for one, can't wait to see their elite talent and athleticism squandered in the hands of Rice's inept gameplanning, preparation, and offensive continuity.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

They will no doubt be excellent future scapegoats for Rice.

I, for one, can't wait to see their elite talent and athleticism squandered in the hands of Rice's inept gameplanning, preparation, and offensive continuity.

Why do you continually have to be an asshole? The OP clearly said the purpose of this thread was to shed some light on Rebel recruits people may not know a lot about, but you can't resist the urge to get up on your soapbox and further your agenda.

You're a cancer and I'm personally embarrassed to have you as a so called Rebel fan.

Jackass!!!!!!

2 high character and high level freshmen coming in. They will both be exciting players to watch in the next few years. Both are very strong and play with attitude. At least a few of us....on this board....have something to be excited about and look forward too.

Don't even pay attention to the (insert expletive here) guys. They don't matter and are actually entertaining once you understand how little they can actually enjoy a team that they say they are fans of. They are "all in" on the UNLV will fail bet and are vested in the Runnin Rebels failing to be able to say "I told you so" just like R18 is doing in the Noodles thread. Once you understand that it is all about trying to justify their delusional sense of self importance they are easier to take. I smile reading their attempts at relevancy.

I think Morgan will contribute right away, he looks limited offensively but is strong and seems like will be a terrific rebounder/defender. Think Goodluck is extremely raw and will take some time however. I think Vaughn will be the best player in the conference.

I think Morgan will contribute right away, he looks limited offensively but is strong and seems like will be a terrific rebounder/defender. Think Goodluck is extremely raw and will take some time however. I think Vaughn will be the best player in the conference.

That seems to be a consensus review of their play at this point with the exception of Vaughn. I don't get too excited freshman to be more than freshman till they get up to speed of the D1 game and prove themselves on the court.

2 high character and high level freshmen coming in. They will both be exciting players to watch in the next few years. Both are very strong and play with attitude. At least a few of us....on this board....have something to be excited about and look forward too.

Don't even pay attention to the (insert expletive here) guys. They don't matter and are actually entertaining once you understand how little they can actually enjoy a team that they say they are fans of. They are "all in" on the UNLV will fail bet and are vested in the Runnin Rebels failing to be able to say "I told you so" just like R18 is doing in the Noodles thread. Once you understand that it is all about trying to justify their delusional sense of self importance they are easier to take. I smile reading their attempts at relevancy.

This is where you're wrong. I would LOVE to be wrong about Rice and for him to magically be the answer UNLV needs at HC to regain national relevance. I would eat crow gladly. Rice does care about UNLV and would never be a threat to be poached. It would be 100% ideal for UNLV if Rice was a good coach. That's why I supported Rice initially before a brief period when they announced his hire. But what I found out very soon after is the cold hard truth that he just isn't a good coach. He isn't even an average coach. He's got a terrible coaching acumen and is incompletely incapable as a leader and motivator. Nothing will change that, his DNA/personality is hard-wired and he will never have the capability to inspire devotion and motivate his players. He will never unlock the full potential of the talent he will temporarily be able to recruit to UNLV. Everything he does at UNLV will always be clouded by underachievement.

Just because some see the cold hard truth for what it is doesn't mean we can't enjoy the season or watching the elite talent attempt to run Rice's offense. I've been right the last 3 years and will be right next year as well. You must get joy out of being wrong all the time. But for UNLV fans of your breed, Ignorance is Bliss.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

i'm excited for next year, probably the best collection of freshman unlv has ever brought in as a group so congrats to coach rice for doing so

lots of optimism when the 3 best incoming freshman in a pretty decent basketball conference are all going to one school 

Final 2014 rankings out with Rivals.com

Vaughn #8 overall

Morgan #15 overall

Okonoboh #31 overall

All top 4 in their positions.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Can't wait for the Freshman to fix everything!

Go Freshman!

I remember Christian Wood as a Freshman.

More Freshman are the answer.

Kentucky does alright with freshman. If you can recruit at a good enough level it can work.