Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCA

San Jose State at San Diego State

You're right, because we've been stuck playing the CSU Fresno's of the world...

Actually, you've been stuck playing the TCU's, BYU's, Utes and AFA's of the world. We've been to SD once in about 12 years...don't blame us. And yes, I know, TCU, BYU and Utah are far less attractive than Memphis, UCONN, Temple and USF...for sure.

But however you slice it, the goal is for the fans to show up and support their home team regardless of opponent. Opponents can influence turnout, that's reasonable to debate, but to BLAME the opponent for a weak turnout is a straw man's excuse.

Gee, that's strange. A couple of our commits said that was the reason they wanted to come to SDSU.

I took it that he was talking about California recruits committing to Boise. SDSU will still have a lot of games in California. California recruits, however, might balk at playing in Boise or New Jersey.

Then there's the valley, who hates (and feeds) both democrat voting population centers in CA. You are who people think of when they say California, FOR SHAME!!!

//Go Spartans in this one, though!

Fear-- my post indicated that I feel that Spartans are more wedded to the maintenance of a rivalry with Fresno than the Bulldogs. Am I wrong? Many Bulldog posters say that they get more excited about playing Nevada, Hawai'i, Boise and, even, SDSU. Do Bulldogs still feel that SJSU is their primary rival? That's not what many Fresno fans posted when they moved on to the MWC and we did not. I would love to be wrong on this.

Fear-- my post indicated that I feel that Spartans are more wedded to the maintenance of a rivalry with Fresno than the Bulldogs. Am I wrong? Many Bulldog posters say that they get more excited about playing Nevada, Hawai'i, Boise and, even, SDSU. Do Bulldogs still feel that SJSU is their primary rival? That's not what many Fresno fans posted when they moved on to the MWC and we did not. I would love to be wrong on this.

With respect, that's probably because aside from last year, Fresno has resized your guys' rectums about yay big on an annual basis (i.e. the way BYU views our perceived "rivalry"). That can change with a string of wins.

I took it that he was talking about California recruits committing to Boise. SDSU will still have a lot of games in California. California recruits, however, might balk at playing in Boise or New Jersey.

Exactly.. I'm learning real quick that some, not all but some SDSU fans on here are a bit touchy.

Don't really consider it a rivalry. It's just been too one sided. Not saying it to be a jerk it's just. Even hard to get up for. I will say this; I'll be much more up for it this year since you won (our castoff qb beat our messiah qb at home) last year.

Definately happy you guys are coming over though, with sparty on the rise maybe it'll get more competitive, and thereby more relevant.

Don't really consider it a rivalry. It's just been too one sided. Not saying it to be a jerk it's just. Even hard to get up for. I will say this; I'll be much more up for it this year since you won (our castoff qb beat our messiah qb at home) last year.

Definately happy you guys are coming over though, with sparty on the rise maybe it'll get more competitive, and thereby more relevant.

I agree. Still see Fresno as our rival, but it has been one sided for a long time. Hopefully we get to see some great games in the future. Also, I think its funny how SJSU, and Fresno are very close, and are rivals...yet for the most part the fans are civil to one another on this board. Whats up with most of the SDSU fans. They seem to be a bit....delusional. I would fully admit SJSU has had a couple good years in the past 15, and we are looking up. I would never act like we belong in the same sentence as Michigan, Alabama, LSU, USC. I get the impression SDSU fans truly believe they belong in the same sentence. News flash...you belong with SJSU, and Fresno...In fact, and I will eat my words if Im wrong on Saturday.. I think this year, you may be beat by both Fresno, and SJSU. I popped over to Aztecmesa forum... Wow is all I can say.

Tough to know which fan base has the lowest collective ability to make worthwhile posts here, Fresno or Hawaii.

Pretty much a shitstorm of unimaginative hit and run drivel in both cases. Good work following suit.

try to tell me that crap as misfit and i might take you half serious.

He was talking about SDSU. Nobody is talking about Boise in this entire thread.

I think if you are over 40 and a Bulldog fan you likely see the Spartans as the Bulldogs rival. If you are much under 30, not so much.

Seems like you had to be following the programs in the 80's and early nineties to really appreciate how special it was.

Tough to know which fan base has the lowest collective ability to make worthwhile posts here, Fresno or Hawaii.

Pretty much a shitstorm of unimaginative hit and run drivel in both cases. Good work following suit.

Please, don't be so modest by selling yourself short...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

North Dakota was a great passing team--QB, Receivers, OLine--the whole package. They were very well coached and used to winning. Those teams are tougher to play than lower end FBS teams I think.

Their qb was 12/25 107 yards 0td against Fresno state. Unfortunately they ran all over gods green earth, as everyone did on that defense

Their qb was 12/25 107 yards 0td against Fresno state. Unfortunately they ran all over gods green earth, as everyone did on that defense

Teams change over the off season. They are averaging 337 passing yards a game, including the SDSU game. About 30 yards more than Fresno State. (for fairness' sake, SDSU is averaging about 130 under that)

For the season, North Dakota is 61-95, 1011 yards, 14 TD's, 1 INT.

North Dakota can fling it.

5812325590_be8c597a4b_b.jpg

Teams change over the off season. They are averaging 337 passing yards a game, including the SDSU game. About 30 yards more than Fresno State. (for fairness' sake, SDSU is averaging about 130 under that)

For the season, North Dakota is 61-95, 1011 yards, 14 TD's, 1 INT.

North Dakota can fling it.

Hagen is probably the best receiver we'll see all year, definitely the fastest.

Hagen is probably the best receiver we'll see all year, definitely the fastest.

Excuses...cute!

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Excuses...cute!

It's the truth. Our defense played like dog shot last week. That doesn't stop Hagen from being the best receiver we'll se all year though.

I'll leave the moral victory/moral loss discussion to you guys.

Yeah, no doubt. Look who's on our schedule...

LOL...we feel your pain, at least you don't have to play yourselves...that would really suck, huh?

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg