Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Castle Ram

Talk me off the ledge MW fans

Sorry can't. This is the one bowl matchup I do not like for MWC teams this year. Especially after losing your head coach.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The Utes are going to kick the hell out of the Rams.  If it's any consolation, they'd kick the hell out of any of the rest of us (including Boise) in a bowl game this year.

It's a tough matchup because I think Utah will be motivated because of their bowl absence the past couple years.  That, and of course the fact that they are pretty damn good.

They still aren't terribly explosive though, so if the Rams can get first downs and make it a short game, they could keep it close, and who knows, maybe pull the upset late.

Sorry can't. This is the one bowl matchup I do not like for MWC teams this year. Especially after losing your head coach.

no problem, I completely get that angle.  Some Ram fans think the existing staff is really dialed in to have a great game.  JM basically shafted the entire staff and program so they really have something to prove.  The admin has promised to not cause any distractions this week, we shall see how that plays out.

Perhaps there is a reason its only four points

Don't worry, you will win this game.  Utah would of finished behind you in the MW this year.  You will prove it.  Have a beer relax and watch.  This is one of the best years you have ever had.  Enjoy it, ( your loosing your coaches recruits etc as I type. ) but don't worry about that until next year.  

no problem, I completely get that angle. Some Ram fans think the existing staff is really dialed in to have a great game. JM basically shafted the entire staff and program so they really have something to prove. The admin has promised to not cause any distractions this week, we shall see how that plays out.

Perhaps there is a reason its only four points

I would like nothing more than to see the Rams (and all the MWC teams) win their bowl game. I think if the Rams do what they did against BC they have a good chance at winning.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Don't worry, you will win this game.  Utah would of finished behind you in the MW this year.  You will prove it.  Have a beer relax and watch.  This is one of the best years you have ever had.  Enjoy it, ( your loosing your coaches recruits etc as I type. ) but don't worry about that until next year.  

I will be in the stadium drinking cocktails.  Does any vegas fans go or just the visiting teams fans?

Not gonna' get delusional and flat out predict a RAM win, but there is every reason to believe the RAMS can win this one.  IF (big if) the CSU O line can keep Grayson out of trouble he will pick their D apart.  RAMS will get their points if they can throw the ball.  Utah D is no juggernaut other than getting to the QB.  Not a simple task, and unlikely we keep them out of our backfield, but it is the key.  If not, GG will spend the day on his arse.  We don't have a great D, but they do show up on occasion.  If this is one of those occasions, I'm not too concerned about the Utah O. 

It's really going to come down to coaching, and nobody knows how we'll do from that aspect, but it's certainly not a long shot to think the RAMS pull this out.  Not a great matchup for CSU due to the Utah sack machine, but it's not like we're playing Oregon either.  If our coaching shows up, CSU wins.  If this becomes a mail in due to all the post season distractions, we're toast.

I'm taking The RAMS.

Yes,

They'll show up unless it's snowing cold or windy. 

Have fun, and and make sure you place a bet on your team and the under..  

Take the over.  RAMS will either get housed and it won't matter, or they will put up at least 35.  I just don't see anything in the middle happening.

That tallass goofy looking Utah QB is fast as hell.  He can absolutely gash a defense with his legs.

Yeah, he's good.  Same could be said about the UNM QB.

I really think this is in CSU's hands.  It sounds like a built in excuse, and I don't intend it to be , but...if CSU doesn't let the postseason crap get in their heads and play like they're capable of, they win.  If they play like a bunch of kids without a coach, they get crushed.  Should be interesting, but I'll take the RAMS and the over.  I don't see us holding Utah under 24, and if the right RAM team shows up, 35 is a done deal. 

I probably just jinxed our O-line, but as a fan I've got to go for it.

I will be in the stadium drinking cocktails.  Does any vegas fans go or just the visiting teams fans?

i'm trying to decide whether to go and then go to the unlv/utah game, or just stay home.

but win or lose, just go enjoy yourself, you'll remember doing this for a long time (or maybe not, depending on how many of those cocktails you drink, lol)

I say CSU will win this if they are not focused about losing the head coach.  Focus on winning and the Rams can beat the Utes.  Having the OC take over for the bowl and possibly a person who wants to be the head coach may mitigate the factor of losing a their coach. 

I wonder what the numbers or for bowl teams after losing their head coach. Can't be that good. It's not the only reason Boise lost to Oregon State last year in our bowl game, but I think it was a significant factor. CSU is going to have a tough time. But I still think it's doable. Utah is good this year, though, so I think it largely comes down to CSU's defense.