Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Fiesta Bowl numbers

Even if it were a wash, the pub from playing in games like this is huge.  I have no doubt Boise will make millions on the bowl trip.  Not too mention all the recruiting advantages of playing in big time bowls like this.  Don't think anyone cares if they reach the 12k allotment.  There will be 20k+ fans there watching.  And many more watching on TV.

The bowls and schools care.  If you want to be in big bowls, you need to sell the allotments given.   This is one of the major factors that separates the P5 team from the G5.   If the MW wants sign a contract with a big bowl vs the Las Vegas, you need to show the schools in the MW will sell their allotments.

The bowls and schools care.  If you want to be in big bowls, you need to sell the allotments given.   This is one of the major factors that separates the P5 team from the G5.   If the MW wants sign a contract with a big bowl vs the Las Vegas, you need to show the schools in the MW will sell their allotments.

That's weird I only heard the committee talking about strength of schedule and conference champions.  Maybe Marshall was gonna be in the mix because they travel so well.  The big bowls are decided by the committee. 

That's weird I only heard the committee talking about strength of schedule and conference champions.  Maybe Marshall was gonna be in the mix because they travel so well.  The big bowls are decided by the committee. 

No big bowls are decided by the bowls.  The Committee didn't have the Sugar bowl sign the Big 12 and SEC. Same for the Rose.  If the MW wants a contract bowl for itself, then the MW schools need to show up in force and get there allotment sold out.   So when the next bowl cycle comes up for renewal, do you want to have the MW sign the Fiesta bowl for the first pick or the Las Vegas?

No big bowls are decided by the bowls.  The Committee didn't have the Sugar bowl sign the Big 12 and SEC. Same for the Rose.  If the MW wants a contract bowl for itself, then the MW schools need to show up in force and get there allotment sold out.   So when the next bowl cycle comes up for renewal, do you want to have the MW sign the Fiesta bowl for the first pick or the Las Vegas?

We are talking about two separate issues.  I am living in the present where the only chance for a MW team to actually participate in a big time bowl is through the committee selection.

The only way I see any major bowl partnering with the MW is through our own internal sponsoring and organization.  We need to make our own, pay it out and watch it grow.  Trying to get haggle over 3k tickets being sold or not sold is not the American way.  Make your own bowl, fund the crap out of it, watch it grow..

Bronco Beat @IDS_BroncoBeat · 12m 12 minutes ago

Based on current sales, Boise State's Fiesta Bowl payout would be $2.75m. Assuming about $1.75m in expenses, that's still a $1m profit.

Bronco Beat @IDS_BroncoBeat · 1h 1 hour ago

Boise State's latest Fiesta Bowl ticket count is at 9,300. School needs to sell total of 12,500

Only $2.75million!?!

Is that a misprint or something.....or has the new playoff system downsized the amount owed to the G5 team in a Big Bowl game?

When Hawaii went to the Sugar Bowl....we got $4million!

I thought the change in the system would increase the payout for the G5 team that got into the access bowl?

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

Only $2.75million!?!

Is that a misprint or something.....or has the new playoff system downsized the amount owed to the G5 team in a Big Bowl game?

I thought the change in the system would increase the payout for the G5 team that got into the access bowl?

It's all split more ways.

Only $2.75million!?!

You got $4, but you didn't pocket that. But yeah, the amounts are lower now.