Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

December 20th 2014.........

Is a MWC quadruple header of football...........well not quite back to back to back to back, so you will need two TV's at times to keep any eye on the 4 MWC teams in bowl games..............plan accordingly. (all times PST)

Dec. 20 New Orleans New Orleans, La. 8 a.m. UL Lafayette (8-4) vs. Nevada (7-5)

Dec. 20 New Mexico Albuquerque, N.M. 11:20 p.m. Utah State (9-4) vs. UTEP (7-5)

Dec. 20 Royal Purple Las Vegas, Nev. 12:30 p.m. Colorado State (10-2) vs. Utah (8-4)

Dec. 20 Idaho Potato Boise, Idaho 2:45 p.m. Air Force (9-3) vs. Western Michigan (8-4)

Nevada at 8am?? Dang, that's an early kickoff (yeah, I realize it's later in N.O.).

I'm a little bummed that I'll be at a BSU basketball game by 11am, so I won't be able to watch Utah State and much of CSU. But my current plan is to take my daughter to the Potato Bowl and cheer on Air Force.

Its an upset when the team loses its head coach...but yeah I understand what u mean..sad but true.

Nah they'll just say what they said when Utah curb stomped Alabama.... "Obviously Utah didn't care about that game and wanted to play a real team" 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

and there is the problem.  If a 10-2 MWC team beats a Pac 12 team that finished fifth in a six team division, it is an upset.

so in that case, then some could say CSU is the 3rd best team in its 6 team division.  (interdiv both teams lost twice but AF beat CSU)

and there is the problem.  If a 10-2 MWC team beats a Pac 12 team that finished fifth in a six team division, it is an upset.

So what are you saying? Not all conference are created equally?

BTW, there was one loss seperating 2nd place from 5th place.. Pretty balanced..

Woot!  the Pack is in LA.

NEW ORLEANS – A jazz band introduced the Nevada football team to its team hotel with music and Mardi Gras beads, providing the Wolf Pack with its first impression of The Big Easy.

After a three hour flight, which most players used as time to catch on sleep following finals, the University of Nevada football team arrived in New Orleans on Tuesday in preparation for the 14th annual R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl.

A jazz band, onlookers and media awaited Nevada’s arrival at around 7 p.m. local time. Head coach Brian Polian said it was okay for his team to soak in the moment.

“I think they’re enjoying the moment right now and I have no problem with that,” said Polian. “The bowl folks, R+L Carriers and the hotel did an unbelievable job welcoming us and giving us a cool way to come off the bus. That’s fun and part of the bowl experience.” 

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl – Countdown: 4 days

Making its ninth bowl appearance in the past 10 years, the first thing Nevada wants to accomplish for the 2014 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl is acclimatization. With a 10 a.m. local time (8 a.m. PT) kickoff awaiting the Wolf Pack on Saturday, Dec. 20, adjusting to the central time zone will be a modest yet critical task.

spacer.gif

Nevada’s first practice in New Orleans will be on Wednesday at 10 a.m. – the same time as kickoff for the bowl game. Polian also mentioned adjusting to the scenery of playing in a dome for the first time this season.

As for the actual game plan and strategizing for Louisiana, the Pack coaches and staff laid a bulk of the work down in Reno in the prior week. Nevada’s three practices in The Big Easy will be focused on polishing what’s already in place and fine-tuning every minute detail.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Is a MWC quadruple header of football...........well not quite back to back to back to back, so you will need two TV's at times to keep any eye on the 4 MWC teams in bowl games..............plan accordingly. (all times PST)

Dec. 20 New Orleans New Orleans, La. 8 a.m. UL Lafayette (8-4) vs. Nevada (7-5)

Dec. 20 New Mexico Albuquerque, N.M. 11:20 p.m. Utah State (9-4) vs. UTEP (7-5)

Dec. 20 Royal Purple Las Vegas, Nev. 12:30 p.m. Colorado State (10-2) vs. Utah (8-4)

Dec. 20 Idaho Potato Boise, Idaho 2:45 p.m. Air Force (9-3) vs. Western Michigan (8-4)

I expect that all MWC teams except for CSU will win out.