Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Family Tradition

OT: Christmas 2014 Video Games

2k15 is the best anyway

If they kept making NCAA Hoops 2k (the last one was 2k8) that would be my favorite video game. But yes, NBA2K is dope. I'm not a big fan of Madden though.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

If they kept making NCAA Hoops 2k (the last one was 2k8) that would be my favorite video game. But yes, 2K is dope. I'm not a big fan of Madden though.

madden is awful and needs a ton of slider tweaks to even make it playable

2k8 is ok. it still plays similar to the newer nba games but is missing a lot of the post finesse and about 100k animations that make 2k 2k

You two play that on the PC?

i have 2k10-14 on 360 but yes, i'll be playing 15 on PC whenever i get around to finishing my build and getting the 360 controller dongle thingy for PC

i have probably 200 hours in 2k14 so i'm a bit of a 2k maniac 

You two play that on the PC?

College Hoops on the 360, NBA on the PS3. Never tried a sports video game on the PC.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

GTA 5 PS4 online 

What's your handle? We could be GTA 5 nemesis 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

madden is awful and needs a ton of slider tweaks to even make it playable

2k8 is ok. it still plays similar to the newer nba games but is missing a lot of the post finesse and about 100k animations that make 2k 2k

Agreed. There's major balance issues in Madden.

2k8 is an excellent game that was way before it's time and is still playable today. Of course, the defensive animations (challenging shots) and post play are way behind from today's games, but the overall feel is still great. Out of every video game, I've probably played that one the most (dynasty mostly).

Agreed. There's major balance issues in Madden.

2k8 is an excellent game that was way before it's time and is still playable today. Of course, the defensive animations (challenging shots) and post play are way behind from today's games, but the overall feel is still great. Out of every video game, I've probably played that one the most (dynasty mostly).

i played a lot of 2k8 and the whole coach mode with recruiting and what not was awesome

i usually just did that and only played a couple key games a season. i haven't played in probably 2 years but i remember playing for the first time in a long while and being surprised at how it all was very 2k like just rough around the edges (and lacking a lot in the visuals)

it's still a good game but it doesn't hold a candle to 2k13-15 for obvious reasons. it's a shame they haven't made a new one. 2k8 was and is still playable today. they could release one every 5 years and i'd be ecstatic but i doubt they will with the whole obannon thing. 

and if you play 2k15 you have to change the game style to simulation (if you're not going to bother with sliders)

default is fun for a demo or two but it gets old seeing the guys do basically top-10/signature finishes multiple times a quarter. the default mode is just 2k showing off their new animations and gets a bit old if you're playing multiple games imo

and please... please... PLEASE... don't play in broadcast mode. change the camera to 2k. i have no idea why broadcast mode is the default 

i played a lot of 2k8 and the whole coach mode with recruiting and what not was awesome

i usually just did that and only played a couple key games a season. i haven't played in probably 2 years but i remember playing for the first time in a long while and being surprised at how it all was very 2k like just rough around the edges (and lacking a lot in the visuals)

it's still a good game but it doesn't hold a candle to 2k13-15 for obvious reasons. it's a shame they haven't made a new one. 2k8 was and is still playable today. they could release one every 5 years and i'd be ecstatic but i doubt they will with the whole obannon thing.

The coach/dynasty mode is excellent. There are so many features that make it a very realistic simulation of program building.

I would pay a stupid amount of money (4-5 times the amount of a normal pS3 game) for a new 2k Hoops game. It'll never happen though. Fcking O'Bannon.

and if you play 2k15 you have to change the game style to simulation (if you're not going to bother with sliders)

default is fun for a demo or two but it gets old seeing the guys do basically top-10/signature finishes multiple times a quarter. the default mode is just 2k showing off their new animations and gets a bit old if you're playing multiple games imo

and please... please... PLEASE... don't play in broadcast mode. change the camera to 2k. i have no idea why broadcast mode is the default

I'll be sure to do that.

And I despise broadcast mode in NBA games. It's been the default for awhile now I think.

I'll be sure to do that.

And I despise broadcast mode in NBA games. It's been the default for awhile now I think.

2k camera mode is default beast

you can either do it where it switches end every possession change (tricky for the fast breaks) or have it where you're looking at your back on defense (what i prefer, sometimes seeing the corners in tricky) 

turbo camera is good for myplayer but i don't think it's an option in any other mode. 

but seriously. try the default game mode, get all the ridiculous dunks and insane sig finishes out of the way that you'd be lucky to see 5 times all-year (you see 5 times a game) then switch to sim mode for a bit of a better challenge. i haven't put my requisite hours into 2k15 yet so i can't speak to if it needs sliders this year (probably does) but i did play maybe 20 games playing 2 vs. computer with a buddy a week or so ago and it felt good on simulation. 

I got the original and got bored within an hour. Would I get the same with one of the newer ones? Was thinking about picking up the one set during the american revolution

I've only played 3 and 4 and found them really engaging. 3 is colonial/revolutionary (10 bucks at game stop) and there's additional downloadable (buyable) content where you can play within a scenario where George Washington gets all power-hungry and declares himself King.

AC4 is Pirates in the Caribbean and you spend as much time on your ship fighting sea battles (which are a blast) as you do on land.

Single player gets a bit stale after awhile and it's not too hard to go through the whole thing in a relatively short amount of time (although there's still stuff you can do once you've completed the story if you want to grind through all the little "gather this/kill this guy" quests).

What got me hooked is the multiplayer. It's pretty unique (in my experience) and you'll get slaughtered by a bunch of prepubescent gaming freak tweeners (like my son) for awhile until you get the hang of it, but yeah tons of fun. Multiplayer is for both 3 and 4 and they're very similar but I actually think 3's multiplayer is better, plus more people seem to play 3 so it's easier to find game sessions.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming to the Wii U, and is only going to cost $10

Majora's Mask is coming to the 3DS next month

And Xenoblade Chronicles is coming to the new 3DS in April, y mucho mas

I'll BRB.....

bellboy.gif

francis-ps4.jpg