Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

Coaching changes begin

Guest #1Stunner

Wyoming fans.  Has Coach Bohl been happy at Wyoming for his first season there?

More importantly, does his Wife enjoy Laramie?  

I think its crucial that Wyoming doesn't let Coach Bohl leave for another job.

Wyoming fans.  Has Coach Bohl been happy at Wyoming for his first season there?

More importantly, does his Wife enjoy Laramie?  

I think its crucial that Wyoming doesn't let Coach Bohl leave for another job.

I'm sure Bohl is very much not satisfied with his first season's results. However, there have been absolutely no indications that he and his wife are unhappy with Laramie. 

Anything can happen, but I am 99% sure Bohl does not go to NU.  It was time for Pelini to go, it will be interesting to see who they hire.  I think Frost is a strong possibility.  I doubt Tressel gets a look either.  

I doubt they will be happy with Frost after an interview.  He doesn't have a staff to come with him and he runs a spread offense which they hated when Callahan was the coach.  Look for the AD's Miami ties to bring in Greg Schiano for an interview and Dabo Swinney.  Both of those guys will look better than Frost after they talk to the Chancellor and the AD.

I am also pretty sure that Tressel said he was done with coaching when he took the job as President of Youngstown State University.  

I doubt they will be happy with Frost after an interview. He doesn't have a staff to come with him and he runs a spread offense which they hated when Callahan was the coach. Look for the AD's Miami ties to bring in Greg Schiano for an interview and Dabo Swinney. Both of those guys will look better than Frost after they talk to the Chancellor and the AD.

I always thought the Callahan hatred was very stupid. If you win who cares what the offense is.

I always thought the Callahan hatred was very stupid. If you win who cares what the offense is.

Husker Fans apparently care about Strength of Schedule:

From the Husker Board:

9-17 Against Ranked Teams 

26-25 vs. teams with winning records

0 Top-5 Finishes

0 Top-10 Finishes

0 Conference Championships

0 Major Bowls

0 Major Bowl Wins

0 Undefeated Seasons

27 Losses

Husker Fans apparently care about Strength of Schedule:

From the Husker Board:

9-17 Against Ranked Teams

26-25 vs. teams with winning records

0 Top-5 Finishes

0 Top-10 Finishes

0 Conference Championships

0 Major Bowls

0 Major Bowl Wins

0 Undefeated Seasons

27 Losses

no they think they should be national champions every year and fire a coach if they don't get a MNC every other year.

I think it is refreshing to see Nebraska fire a coach who has been marginally successful.  Sometimes good isn't good enough.  Expectations are just going to be different at places where you have everything you need to succeed at the top level.  Frankly, Michigan should have been terminating Hoke last year because they have the same type of program.

no they think they should be national champions every year and fire a coach if they don't get a MNC every other year.

That's totally absurd.  They kept Pelini for 7 years despite his consistent 9-4 seasons.

They are Nebraska.  They should absolutely expect better.

That's totally absurd. They kept Pelini for 7 years despite his consistent 9-4 seasons.

They are Nebraska. They should absolutely expect better.

maybe they shouldn't since they haven't been able to achieve that especially with the meddling of the AD and chancellor

I doubt they will be happy with Frost after an interview.  He doesn't have a staff to come with him and he runs a spread offense which they hated when Callahan was the coach.  Look for the AD's Miami ties to bring in Greg Schiano for an interview and Dabo Swinney.  Both of those guys will look better than Frost after they talk to the Chancellor and the AD.

I am also pretty sure that Tressel said he was done with coaching when he took the job as President of Youngstown State University.  

If they want to continue with 9-4 seasons and Outback Bowls, then Swinney is their man.

Callahan ran the West Coast offense, not the spread.  NU ran Beck's crappy version of the spread the last few years.  I wonder how Frost would pitch his vision of the Blur offense?  It doesn't have to be exactly like Oregons.  He could mix in more run like Auburn and I think people of Nebraska would be very happy.  Harvey Pearlman (NU Chancellor) hated Bo Pelini's sideline demeanor and antics, I don't think he signs off on Schiano.  Swinney could be a guy they look at.  I think they would be smart to look at Wells from USU, talk to McElwain at least to see if he has an interest to leave CSU for the right situation, and many other guys.  

I don't think they expect national titles every year.  They expect to have a shot at it every few years or be in the conversation at some point in the season, which with a program with that kind of commitment to football, you should absolutely expect to have a shot at the top 10 at least a few times.  Pelini hasn't gotten them close.  11 of the 25 worst margins of loss in Nebraska history are under Pelini.  His sideline antics and off putting demeanor hurt his chances of staying even more.  The fans were growing very tired of his lack of adjustments in games against quality opponents and his berating of coaches and players when games became tense and when donors and fans want change, you have to start to listen or attendance will suffer.  I think 7 years is ample time evaluate a coach.  His best wasn't good enough, simple as that, and the administration didn't feel that would ever change.

I will say though that he ran a clean program and graduated his kids, which is probably the best thing about his tenure.  A lot of quality kids graduated from UNL and will make the university proud as men.   

Clemson in a NY6 game this year is ridiculous.  That team is average.

Yet if Florida State makes the playoff, it will likely happen because the highest ranked between Georgia Tech and Clemson will take the ACC's spot in the Orange Bowl.  They won't be the worst team playing in a NY6 game.

maybe they shouldn't since they haven't been able to achieve that especially with the meddling of the AD and chancellor

Their AD is relatively new and made a great BBall hgher.  But yes, the next coach needs to make sure he has 100% of the support of the administration.

But they absolutely should expect better--they have the fan base and the money.  That's what's important.