Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just_chris

Nevada Rancher vs the BLM and Federal Govet

How dare they try to get a dead beat welfare cowboy, someone who ignored 20 years of court orders, to pay up or get off federal land.

A big part of this problem is that the govt also ignored 20 yrs of court orders to do anything about it.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

It is ironic that , though his stereotypes, he just completely validated another stereotype about the the makeup of the states rights, tea party, anti-government types!

Both stereotypes have been largly confirmed in this mess

It is ironic that , though his stereotypes, he just completely validated another stereotype about the the makeup of the states rights, tea party, anti-government types!

But no one will talk about the stereotypical heavy handed govt over-reaction that about got some people killed.

Uh oh, don't you know that in the through-the-looking-glass world of this board, by pointing out racism you're the racist?

I've been clear from day one that this guy was a wing nut and he appeared to be in the wrong. I'm not shocked in the least that he said something crazy. Hannity has always been and always will be an empty-headed hack. I thought so from the day he came down to the South San Joaquin Valley and stumped to get the farmers water without knowing anything about water in California. I don't listen to him or watch him, but ever when I do hear him say something, it's simplistic and misinformed at best.

There have been plenty of conservative/libertarian commentators who have either called Bundy wrong or have focused more on the BLM's response than the crazy old coot being right.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I've been clear from day one that this guy was a wing nut and he appeared to be in the wrong. I'm not shocked in the least that he said something crazy. Hannity has always been and always will be an empty-headed hack. I thought so from the day he came down to the South San Joaquin Valley and stumped to get the farmers water without knowing anything about water in California. I don't listen to him or watch him, but ever when I do hear him say something, it's simplistic and misinformed at best.

There have been plenty of conservative/libertarian commentators who have either called Bundy wrong or have focused more on the BLM's response than the crazy old coot being right.

Yeah, Hannity is Bundy's biggest supporter.  It will be interesting to see how he deals with this latest report.  Perhaps he will just ignore it and move on to the next super crisis.

I lost what respect I had for Hannity when he supported Sharron Angle.  Fox moved his spot to a later, less desirable time slot  when they gave Megan Kelly her own show.  Hannity, IMO, has replaced Glenn Beck as the worst commentator on Fox.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

A big part of this problem is that the govt also ignored 20 yrs of court orders to do anything about it.

I've only been passively following the whole episode, so I am no authority on the subject, but didn't they take him to court a bunch over the years and he never  complied with court orders? 

I've only been passively following the whole episode, so I am no authority on the subject, but didn't they take him to court a bunch over the years and he never  complied with court orders? 

Exactly.  What changed?

The govt should have had their asses in there 20yrs ago.  The fact that they've dragged their asses for 20yrs pisses me off.  God they're dysfunctional..

Exactly.  What changed?

The govt should have had their asses in there 20yrs ago.  The fact that they've dragged their asses for 20yrs pisses me off.  God they're dysfunctional..

So you would have been OK with the heavy enforcement had it occurred 20 years ago?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

So you would have been OK with the heavy enforcement had it occurred 20 years ago?

Enforcement should have happened 20yrs ago, in an appropriate fashion.  I would have started with a drive out to the Bundy place with the local sheriff, shared a glass of ice tea and discussed where to go from there. :)

Ol Klansman Bundy must really be ticked off at Ron Reagan - That's who he fighting:

Was Ron Reagan with Executive Order 12548 on 2/14/1986 that set grazing fees

Bundy's fighting an incompetent government.  And he almost won.

Our govt knows only 2 ways to approach problems....do nothing, or completely overdo it.

I don't think that is true at all. The reason why this mismanagement is such big news is because it doesn't happen all the time.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Ol Klansman Bundy must really be ticked off at Ron Reagan - That's who he fighting:

Was Ron Reagan with Executive Order 12548 on 2/14/1986 that set grazing fees

if only he got his day in court,

oh wait he did 20 years ago, and he lost.

Teabaggers like those on this board who.previously and vociferiously supported mr Bundy will continue to run away from their previous support. As if they never were behind this guy. It is so easy to be right when you can seamlessly play both sides of the coin. All of a sudden, nobody here agrees with Bundy, never did and they all hate Hannity. Lmao. I can't wait until we start hearing the Bundy is a liberal plant excuse. If nothing else this board is entertaining as hell for its breathless hypocrisy.