Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

P5-BCS Home Games Since 2005

I was looking at the total # of P5-BCS home games for a few schools since 2005, and I found some shocking #'s. 

Boise has only played 2 different P5-BCS schools at home since 2005. Just 2 schools, Oregon and Oregon St.  They played OSU twice at home, so they've had 3 P5-BCS games at home since 2005. I didn't know it was that low. Wow. Here's the entire MWC and these are games in your home stadium only. 

13 = Hawaii

8 = Fresno St.

7 = Nevada (8 if you count the Oregon game we dropped to fix schedule)

7 = UNLV

6 = New Mexico

4 = SDSU

3 = Wyoming

3 = Boise St.

2 = Air Force 

1 = CSU 

1 = Utah St.

1 = SJSU

Those are all I looked up. It does look like Boise is set up for some home games starting next year that'll really help. Man, those are devoted fans for putting up with boring home OOC schedules for so long. 

kat.jpg

I was looking at the total # of P5-BCS home games for a few schools since 2005, and I found some shocking #'s. 

Boise has only played 2 different P5-BCS schools at home since 2005. Just 2 schools, Oregon and Oregon St.  They played OSU twice at home, so they've had 3 P5-BCS games at home since 2005. I didn't know it was that low. Wow.

In comparison,

SDSU = 4

Nevada = 7 (8 if you count the Oregon game we dropped to fix schedule)

Fresno = 8

Those are all I looked up. It does look like Boise is set up for some home games starting next year that'll really help. Man, those are devoted fans for putting up with boring home OOC schedules for so long. 

Twas one of the things the AD from two generations ago did right...schedule teams valley fans cared about.  Last guy...not so much.  Loved those Ohio connections...  But we got Christian Abeline or whatever, so that's something, right?  

Boise AD has the right idea and has been setting up an interesting schedule.   I am curious to see what Bartko or whatevah does for FS.  Sounds like he at least understands that valley fans want the big draw, at least, so that's a start.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

I was curious about what UNM's number would be. 

Since 2005 - 6

All PAC12 and Big12 schools. Two of them are now in the SEC. Mizzou and Texas AM. 

EDIT:  I double checked Nevada's number. They have hosted 6 BCS teams since 2005. That is unless he's counting S. Fla from 2012 which is no longer a BCS team. 

roflbot.jpg

I was curious about what UNM's number would be. 

Since 2005 - 6

All PAC12 and Big12 schools. Two of them are now in the SEC. Mizzou and Texas AM. 

EDIT:  I double checked Nevada's number. They have hosted 6 BCS teams since 2005. That is unless he's counting S. Fla from 2012 which is no longer a BCS team. 

USF was a Big East BCS school when they were scheduled and a Big East BCS school when we played them, so I counted them.  Just like Fresno got credit for Cincy. The idea of the count is to see what the AD's were successful in scheduling at home back to 2005.

kat.jpg

Hawaii has played 15 since 2005. I have no doubt that hawaii could survive as an independent.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

AT UNLV since 2005 - 7

2007 Wisconsin    L 20-13

2008 iowa st.        W24-31 OT

2009 Oregon st    L 23-21

2010 Wisconsin    L 41-21

2012 Minnesota    L 30-27 3OT

2012 Wash St.      L 35-27

2013 Arizona        L 58-13

Wisconsin has actually been here 3 times since 2000. they love vegas.

just about double that number for the away games that were part of the home and home..

AT UNLV since 2005 - 7

just about double that number for the away games that were part of the home and home..

Yeah, I updated the first post with every school. That 2009 OSU game should be a W. You guys got ripped off on a total bogus pass int call at the end of the game. 

kat.jpg

Hawaii has played 15 since 2005. I have no doubt that hawaii could survive as an independent.

So could most in the MWC.  So did Idaho.  But there are reasons why Notre Dame, Navy, and BYU want to join or align themselves with a conference.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

AT UNLV since 2005 - 7

That's smart scheduling of P5 teams by UNLV.

Aside from Wisky, those are all lower-level P5 teams, giving UNLV at least a chance at a win.  Looks like you came close a few times.

That pretty much says it all.   Especially the PAC schools as I'm sure they love to play Hawaii as part of the recruiting since they do have a few players in the Islands, not just as a bonus of getting a 13th game.   In fact, with the playoff now in effect, I don't think any P5 would take the exemption for the 13th game....unless they are a perennial bottom feeder.

GB was pretty tough as far as not settling for 2-1's with BCS schools (for better or worse). 

It would be interesting to have a break down of how many of those home games were H-H vs 2/3-1's.

I have always been fine with holding firm with schools trying to get freebies out of WAC/MWC schools. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

I tend to think you guys could make it, but your AD would have to get very creative in November and you would most certainly have to set up a recurring late-season game with BYU.

I also question what kind of tv package Hawai'i could command.

It might be a struggle when it is all said and done. 

Yeah, I updated the first post with every school. That 2009 OSU game should be a W. You guys got ripped off on a total bogus pass int call at the end of the game. 

The irony is that Sanford likely would have kept is job if he had won that game and they were 6-6 with a bowl game instead of 5-7 in his final year.

He had a more difficult road to bowl eligibility than Hauck because the MW was better in football back then.

Worth mentioning with regards to BSU's past OOC home schedules is that they came before the current system which made SOS a major object of consideration with the playoff selection committee.

Or, put more bluntly, before that change most P5 opponents had no reason to try and schedule a very tough non-AQ opponent like BSU with a home-and-home arrangement. Small stadium, no recruiting benefit, high probability of a loss, don't get as much credit if you win since it's a "mid major" etc.

Getting home-and-home agreements with P5 opponents is a lot easier these days than it used to be.

i'm just curious, did you host 15, or is that the number you have played? because unlv's would be about that, as well. i just listed the home games.

i'm just curious, did you host 15, or is that the number you have played? because unlv's would be about that, as well. i just listed the home games.

That's home games.

A lot of big schools like sending their teams to Hawai'i for a few reasons.