Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

UNLV and New Mexico are flat out embarrassing

Guest Dr. Dre

I remember being so embarrassed that we were actually losing by 10 to the aztecs with 17 seconds left back in 2005. But then we came back and won in OT so I survived, lol. But sdsu was perceived back then like sjsu is now. You've come a long way in 10 years, but don't think we will be down like this for long...

Oh really? How'd you feel when you lost the tournament championship on your own floor to SDSU in 2002?  Were we San Jose State that year too?

Guest Dr. Dre

Well this didn't take long to turn into an SDSU resume thread. Not shocking considering the original topic is played out.

Kinda shows how UNLV really hasn't been the player in this conference its fan base seems to think it has been. That needs to change- but again, you'll ride the S.S. Titanic (Rice) right into that iceberg.

I remember being so embarrassed that we were actually losing by 10 to the aztecs with 17 seconds left back in 2005. But then we came back and won in OT so I survived, lol. But sdsu was perceived back then like sjsu is now. You've come a long way in 10 years, but don't think we will be down like this for long...

I can still see Walton's missed FT airballing the rim by 5 feet.  lol

So as a fan of a "dominant" program back in 2005 who owned a total of one shared MWC title and the same number of MWC tourney titles at the time (one) as the other team felt shame? 

Guest Dr. Dre

I have to observe that my fellow SDSU posters have become increasingly feisty as we solidified our hold on 1st place. Where was everybody six weeks ago?

I was right here, d!cknose.

Well this didn't take long to turn into an SDSU resume thread. Not shocking considering the original topic is played out.

I jumped on the bandwagon only because of your assertion about SDSU hoops being some sort of Johnny Come Lately, which is just patently inaccurate. Aside from the first couple years of the MWC, SDSU has had by most any metric used the best basketball program the conference has had. I understand how much that grates on you two schools which think YOU'RE the best and therefore make football nothing more than an afterthought but that's a fact. And considering how much we have returning next year and further considering the 2014 signee who has been redshirting and the two 2015 commitments we have, I don't see UNLV or UNM displacing us next year either. Certainly not if Dave Rice returns.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I jumped on the bandwagon only because of your assertion about SDSU hoops being some sort of Johnny Come Lately, which is just patently inaccurate. Aside from the first couple years of the MWC, SDSU has had by most any metric used the best basketball program the conference has had. I understand how much that grates on you two schools which think YOU'RE the best and therefore make football nothing more than an afterthought but that's a fact. And considering how much we have returning next year and further considering the 2014 signee who has been redshirting and the two 2015 commitments we have, I don't see UNLV or UNM displacing us next year either. Certainly not if Dave Rice returns.

Wasn't my assertion. But it's always fun to get SDSU's hoops resume. It actually took longer to get produced in this thread than I had anticipated.

Kinda shows how UNLV really hasn't been the player in this conference its fan base seems to think it has been. That needs to change- but again, you'll ride the S.S. Titanic (Rice) right into that iceberg.

Your grasp of the obvious continues to astound.

this might not be so bad if it were the old mw.  but with all these old wac/big sky/big west schools it is embarrassing.  not only are you unable to compete in football but now hoops.  

We are aiming to not be competitive in baseball too. Just need to get rid of that pesky successful coach.

Guest Dr. Dre

Your grasp of the obvious continues to astound.

You think it'd be different the way you guys puff your chests out about being an "all-time great" program....

Guest Dr. Dre

We are aiming to not be competitive in baseball too. Just need to get rid of that pesky successful coach.

You mean the program that tied for its 1st championship in a decade last year? That "successful" program? 

You think it'd be different the way you guys puff your chests out about being an "all-time great" program....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3501739

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.