Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

BYU 'Intends' to play in a P5 conference

Folks...

You can't see a fire, unless you see smoke. No P5 conference is looking to expand right now, because they already have their TV contracts done. The only conference that might is the BIG12....but they don't want to.

Maybe the PAC12 needs more money / content for its PAC12 Network? I've always said that the PAC12 should offer Hawaii a TV contract to put Hawaii Warriors games on their Network.

You have strange ideas, first you think the mwc should invite denver for basketball and now this? Lol

image.png

Gotta love the sheer arrogance of the Zoobs to think that a statement so obvious required a public announcement.  No shit, you intend to play in a P5 conference.  Take a number and get in line with the rest of us.

What "announcement"? It was a press event and he was asked about it. 

Get off your high semi horse and learn to think.

Not mentioned, not even the Madrassa itself. Only when you try to assert any type of intelligence. You are not intelligent. There, that should be clear enough even for you.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

BYU was 3-0 against the P5 in 2014.

When had USU ever done that? Let alone win multiple games against P5 teams?

IIRC, none of those 3 teams pulled off a winning record last year.

2015 has you on the road at Nebraska, UCLA, and Michigan before the end of September.

To give you a little break, you get to host the Fiesta Bowl Champions in September too.

0-4 could happen.

They just have to wait out until the Big12 expands. The Big12 is most definitely not staying at 10 teams in the CFP era. The more their Champ gets left out due to lack of CCG, the quicker they'll look to expand. If their Champ squeezes in at the expense of a top 4 team losing in their CCG game. Same blow back. 

BYU should eventually partner up with either CSU or UNM and sell themselves as a package deal to the Big12. 

- Pay whatever entrance fee

- 50% TV revenue for first 4 years

- 50% share of Bowl/CFP revenue first 2 years

Somewhat similar to what BSU did enticing SDSU come come along to the Big Least. Better as a combo then just BSU on an island out west. 

I say this because I don't believe the Big12 will want to expand with a western team then look east for another one. I believe they'll either expand with BYU and MWC's best schools that fit their overall profile. Or head east and stay east picking off 2 AAC schools. Memphis and Cincy come to mind. Fla Directional schools carry that particular stigma. While UConn has the same problem as Hawaii. They are just too damn far away. 

CSU is coming along doing their part. It's up to UNM to start doing theirs. IMO, Davie is on the right path to turn this ship. 

roflbot.jpg

And you interpret that to mean G5 is a good long term solution?

Repeat - BYU makes more money as an independent than in the MWC. 

Money, money, money.  All that money and still irrelevant.   It's kind of fun watching BYU in the WCC for Olys and non existent except for OOC games for us in football. More or less how I predicted it would roll out.

Chad, every time BYU is mentioned

4_08-Pavlov.jpg

Not mentioned, not even the Madrassa itself. Only when you try to assert any type of intelligence. You are not intelligent. There, that should be clear enough even for you.

At the sound of the bell, Pavlov's dogs salivated.

At the sound of BYU, Chad lets forth incoherent babbling.

A metaphor for our times.