Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

BYU 'Intends' to play in a P5 conference

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/24/byu-intends-to-play-in-power-conference-in-the-near-future/

Interesting comment:  “I don’t think we can do it indefinitely,” Holmoe said when asked about the ability to stay competitive as power conferences adopt their own parameters.

Yeah....I know another BYU thread....sorry.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/24/byu-intends-to-play-in-power-conference-in-the-near-future/

Interesting comment:  “I don’t think we can do it indefinitely,” Holmoe said when asked about the ability to stay competitive as power conferences adopt their own parameters.

NBC Sports needs to put the comment in context (guess they're too used to misrepresenting conservatives' statements):

"Saying he anticipates another round of college football realignment, BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe on Tuesday restated his program's plans to leave football independence behind, if and when an opportunity becomes available.

"I think so," said Holmoe when asked if he expects more shifting on the college football landscape. "I think there would be one more (realignment cycle)."

"I'm hoping (for more movement), because it's our intention that we would be playing in what they would commonly call a 'Power 5' conference sometime in the near future."

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=33601035&nid=498&title=byu-ad-holmoe-its-our-intention-to-be-playing-in-a-power-5-conference-in-the-near-future

Guest #1Stunner

As long as there are Boise State and Utah State fans in the MWC, there will be MUCH interest in the BYU.

Expect many more BYU threads.  MWC Tex hangs on Holmoe's every word... who doesn't???!

Guest #1Stunner

Folks...  

You can't see a fire, unless you see smoke.  No P5 conference is looking to expand right now, because they already have their TV contracts done.  The only conference that might is the BIG12....but they don't want to.

Maybe the PAC12 needs more money / content for its PAC12 Network?  I've always said that the PAC12 should offer Hawaii a TV contract to put Hawaii Warriors games on their Network. 

As long as there are Boise State and Utah State fans in the MWC, there will be MUCH interest in the BYU.

Expect many more BYU threads.  MWC Tex hangs on Holmoe's every word... who doesn't???!

I love BYU in the same conversation as BSU. they will only prosper from a partnership

Folks...  

You can't see a fire, unless you see smoke.  No P5 conference is looking to expand right now, because they already have their TV contracts done.  The only conference that might is the BIG12....but they don't want to.

Maybe the PAC12 needs more money / content for its PAC12 Network?  I've always said that the PAC12 should offer Hawaii a TV contract to put Hawaii Warriors games on their Network. 

I'm not sure that the PAC 12 network can legally broadcast any Hawaii games without the express consent of the MWC and the Big West, which is not going to happen. We are bound by contract for TV rights to the MWC and Big West. The MWC and Hawaii made a deal where we keep our PPV TV funds earned and we get no MWC TV money/Bonuses.

I'm sure if they (MWC) gave us selling rights to our home games it would be possible but we have no selling rights, the MWC has those.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.