Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

UNLV@USU

Intriguing match-up for both fan bases. USU decided they didn't want to win at the end in Las Vegas. Revenge was the theme for the game against Fresno. Same theme here tonight, got to pay back the Rebs for this season and decades of ass whippings. I see a six point Aggie victory tonight. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

For me, our team stopped being intriguing once Vaughn got hurt. Plus our season has been over for any chance at postseason for months now.

I'm just watching the games with mild interest from here on out.

I still hope they win but there's not a lot riding on that now.

I expect USU to win. They should win at home.

Intriguing match-up for both fan bases. USU decided they didn't want to win at the end in Las Vegas. Revenge was the theme for the game against Fresno. Same theme here tonight, got to pay back the Rebs for this season and decades of ass whippings. I see a six point Aggie victory tonight.

I mentioned in another thread, that if collete didnt foul at the end of the game it would have gone to another oT, and doesn't mean you would have won. Goodluck could barely walk and was not a factor in that game. He will be tonight. However, we are without Vaughn, so your 6 point Projection could be right on point. With Vaughn, i think we would beat you by that far. Will be a good game, regardless.

Isn't unlv like 48-3 against us all time?

If we win tonight, I may just donate a solid 5 bucks to unlv with a sticky note on the bill that says "please keep rice"

For five bucks I would ring that transaction up as a sale. Delivery included.

I mentioned in another thread, that if collete didnt foul at the end of the game it would have gone to another oT, and doesn't mean you would have won. Goodluck could barely walk and was not a factor in that game. He will be tonight. However, we are without Vaughn, so your 6 point Projection could be right on point. With Vaughn, i think we would beat you by that far. Will be a good game, regardless.

It's woulda, shoulda, coulda for USU in the first game.  The Aggies had a 5 point lead in regulation with the ball and 49 seconds left.  In the remaining time we managed to miss 3 FTs, score no baskets AND foul UNLV on a 3-pointer with Cornish making all three FTs.  Even in OT USU had a 6 point lead but couldn't hold it.  The game was right there to be taken but we couldn't do it.  Credit to UNLV.  I hope the tables get turned tonight.

It's woulda, shoulda, coulda for USU in the first game. The Aggies had a 5 point lead in regulation with the ball and 49 seconds left. In the remaining time we managed to miss 3 FTs, score no baskets AND foul UNLV on a 3-pointer with Cornish making all three FTs. Even in OT USU had a 6 point lead but couldn't hold it. The game was right there to be taken but we couldn't do it. Credit to UNLV. I hope the tables get turned tonight.

I hope they don't... Hopefully at least no more injuries.

Yeah I agree, Collette's foul didn't cost us a certain "W" but it did deliver a certain "L". You could argue that McGlaston's foul on the 3 point attempt near the end of regulation cost us more than anything.

Smart money says USU should win at home.

I can see a UNLV win if they can get another 20 out of McCaw and count on the usual 15 to 20 from Wood. Also, a concerted effort on locking down on Collette would help...maybe get a body on him this time around.

And what a stupid foul that was.  Out of pure frustration and not necessary.  I wouldn't expect that out of a 23 year old :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

I think this is a very interesting game.  USU is playing well and will be out for revenge, however I think UNLV will be quite motivated and energized after their very good play and chemistry at Wisepies. If the refs call it tight, I like UNLV's chances, but if they let them play, and Wood gets frustrated, I think the Aggies win.  

If Kendrick steps up like he did last game and Mr. Headbandswag does what he does on the road....we should come out with a victory.

Should be a fun game to watch at least. Until Rice burns his final timeout with 4 mins left after McCaw nails a 3 and their crowd goes silent.

All is well, For Rice is gone.