Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

Rice should resign. Let Augmon coach the rest of the year until Reggie can get here and assemble the dream team for our run at multiple Final Fours.

Rice resigning needs to happen ASAP. A real rebel would resign tonight and make way for Reggie.

BLEEP BLOOP BLEEP BEEP. ROBO-RICE WILL COMMAND TEAM TO IMPROVE. WE WILL UPGRADE OUR SERVERS AND PERFORM AT OPTIMAL LEVELS. BOOP BLEEP

6r36g0.png

You're a weird dude but that's funny. Sad. But funny.

The real questions is- who would play Rebels18 on SNL and who would play RebRobbie? You two and your man-crushes on Theus are freakin' comedy gold...

They really are. It's like they are in the Twilight Zone and UNLV is who they think they are. Times they are a changin means nada to them.

Let's be serious and put all the emotions aside.

UNLV can't afford to keep Dave Rice another season, it would burry this program for years to come.

UNLV should give a call to George Karl, make a bold move even if it is only for season or two, you will see the diffrence with the recruits in waiting. If Rice returns next season you will see avalanche of defections, take my word.

To me you seem like a pretty level headed UNLV fan so I can agree with your sentiment. I just think Rice should've shown more passion. I mean this is your rival. At home. That should elicit some reaction. I saw the second half and didn't see that. They did make a nice token run to make it look like it wasn't the beating it was though. So there's that moral victory. Haha

I don't ever see Rice show passion, even on TV with Kevin Bollinger he just looks like he has no personality. I don't doubt he is a nice guy nor that he loves UNLV but I don't see him getting any better as a coach. The only guy who shows emotion is Schroyer and I don't think he should be head coach. I said yesterday I think Augmon will bounce because I think he is smart enough to see the ship is sinking. Rice isn't going anywhere, we have to accept that but unfortunately that also means accepting loses like this.

The guy I want went to Oregon.  With their financial backing we couldn't touch him.

I loved Altman, the guy is brilliant although I think Oregon would have come calling anyway and we wouldn't have had a shot to keep him. I'm of the school of thought that Reggie Theus is not the savior that some think he is. I see him as a snake oil salesman who is only out for Reggie. He can say all the right things and charm the pants off the ladies but I see him as being on the first plane out of Vegas if a bigger and better offer comes his way.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Cracks in the dam are showing.

10-6 and could be 10-8 real soon. Unacceptable if we go 10-8.

Personally, if UNLV is as big time as everyone likes to think in vegas. Make a big time hire like Shaka smart.

You jumped from a burning ship faster than a plagued rat.

The real questions is- who would play Rebels18 on SNL and who would play RebRobbie? You two and your man-crushes on Theus are freakin' comedy gold...

They really are. It's like they are in the Twilight Zone and UNLV is who they think they are. Times they are a changin means nada to them.

I suck at photoshop but if you paste Reggie's head on Jim Carrey you essentially have what you are looking for

a-night-at-the-roxbury-800-75.jpg

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

I don't ever see Rice show passion, even on TV with Kevin Bollinger he just looks like he has no personality. I don't doubt he is a nice guy nor that he loves UNLV but I don't see him getting any better as a coach. The only guy who shows emotion is Schroyer and I don't think he should be head coach. I said yesterday I think Augmon will bounce because I think he is smart enough to see the ship is sinking. Rice isn't going anywhere, we have to accept that but unfortunately that also means accepting loses like this.

I loved Altman, the guy is brilliant although I think Oregon would have come calling anyway and we wouldn't have had a shot to keep him. I'm of the school of thought that Reggie Theus is not the savior that some think he is. I see him as a snake oil salesman who is only out for Reggie. He can say all the right things and charm the pants off the ladies but I see him as being on the first plane out of Vegas if a bigger and better offer comes his way.

Sucks for fans like you and the rest here that are rational. Too bad really. I think a good UNLV makes this conference look good. Bummer.

Cracks in the dam are showing.

10-6 and could be 10-8 real soon. Unacceptable if we go 10-8.

Personally, if UNLV is as big time as everyone likes to think in vegas. Make a big time hire like Shaka smart.

LOL--Know-it-all dweebs like Ishoot2thrill and Wyovanian always cite these stuck in the 1990s UNLV fans that believe we should be in the FInal Four every year and anything less and the coach should be fired. They don't exist. No one believes that. It's not that black and white as we're either in the Final Four or being where we are right now with Rice. There's a huuuge middleground between where UNLV is under Rice and going to the Final Four every season. This team has 5 losses in the T&M Center. That's tied for most ever in UNLV history.

Forget Theus, any respectable coach in the country would have UNLV significantly better-off than they are now.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Guest #1Stunner

LOL--Know-it-all dweebs like Ishoot2thrill and Wyovanian always cite these stuck in the 1990s UNLV fans that believe we should be in the FInal Four every year and anything less and the coach should be fired. They don't exist. No one believes that. It's not that black and white as we're either in the Final Four or being where we are right now with Rice. There's a huuuge middleground between where UNLV is under Rice and going to the Final Four every season. This team has 5 losses in the T&M Center. That's tied for most ever in UNLV history.

Forget Theus, any respectable coach in the country would have UNLV significantly better-off than they are now.

Who has the better coach...UNLV or UNR?  And would you trade the two?

I'm not anti-Theus.  I refuse to crap on one of our legends who has his retired number hanging from our rafters.

If Rice loves UNLV like his supporters claim he should resign, I want to see what he is made of really.

I don't think any resignations in the middle of the year help anything.  If this season turns into a real train wreck, it could happen at the end of the season.