Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

MWC Attendance Week 3

That's not actually bad for an 0-2 Wyoming team against an FCS school. Thought we would've had less than 20K

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Miami (OH) @ Boise State 34,178

Lamar @ Hawaii 31,422

Colorado @ Fresno 27,513

North Dakota @ SDSU 24,826

Cal Poly @ Wyoming 21,728

NW State @ Nevada 19,399

Washington State @ UNLV 17,015

Future MWC Schools

Colorado STate @ San Jose State 7,189

That is just pathetic on a grand scale!!

img21406459.jpg

I was going to post pictures from each game but lets just say it doesn't look good.

Yea...our number was a big disappointment again (I was part of the problem this weekend..had a wedding to attend)...any pictures of the east side of Bulldog Stadium will look awful....a 5 o'clock start in early September (at the request of TV) was a risk that backfired due to 104 degree heat...that east side just bakes.

WTF San Jose St fans. Your team is somewhat decent and you still don't support. CT made a big mistake going for them instead of making a play at either or both Texas St/UTSA.

You're assuming that butts in the seats are the primary factor in driving these decisions. They're not any more. I'm not going to make excuses; what was reported is pathetic even though SJS has changed their attendance reporting to be like Nevada's. That said I know neither CT nor any of the presidents picked SJSU based on attendance.

A lot of us have taken their ticket pricing to task, including charging up to $29 for general admission walk-up tickets when Stanford charges $16. It looks like they may be changing that.

That said, ABQ doesn't have two Pac-12 teams, the 49ers and Raiders, the Giants and A's within an hour's drive. Even Stanford has trouble filling a reduced-capacity stadium with a ranked team unless they are playing Cal, U$C or Notre Dame. Butts in the seats had almost nothing to do with SJSU's invitation. It's all about getting into TV markets now.

I just think 20K shouldn't be that hard to get. I do get the extra competition for fans in the area though.

I can't disagree. This is a fickle market, especially for less than professional major leagues, and SJSU has been mostly bad for 20 years apart from a couple of head fakes (most notably in 2000 and 2006). We drew respectably (even if not great) in the late 1970s and 1980s with most of the same competition in place. Trust us, on the SJSU fan boards we are our own worst critics and have been talking about what can be done to reverse this. The problem is, I don't want it to take away from what these kids are starting to do on the field.

Believe me, for those of us who are Spartan faithful, it bugs us a LOT more than it probably bugs you (or anyone else).

UNLV will set a recnet low record in attendance this season...........0-3 at home & staring at 0-4 with Af coming in next week..........expect real sparse crowds for the last home games.......UNR will bring a good crowd..........this gamen usually tops 30,000, but this season it might be 18K UNR fans and the 2 to 4K brave UNLV souls who want to witness a probable anihilation.

It was a 100+ degrees in San Diego and they were playing an FCS team so those numbers are not surprising. Heck I go to 95% of the SDSU home games and I skipped that one to watch it in a nice Air Conditioned home. :-)

So that is the excuse?? The poor lil asstec fans were too hot??? Who would've thought that the millions of Asstec fans could be deterred by a little bit of sunshine.

So that is the excuse?? The poor lil asstec fans were too hot??? Who would've thought that the millions of Asstec fans could be deterred by a little bit of sunshine.

Well that and it was my girlfriend's 30th birthday. So I took her out for the evening.

Realistically, a lot of people are broke right now.

It cost me a hundred bucks for two of us at the Fresno game, I might be able to do that once or twice more this season. Can't do it every week.

$64 tickets

$10 parking

$25 concessions

Too hot in San Diego, too cold in Laramie. They've got a nice little spot in Utah called Cedar City that they normally put into their travel plans.

The World Needs More Cowboys!