Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

USA Today Coaches Poll

well shit if the Bruins took a hit Alabama should have also and the luckeyes should have fallen further as well

MSU is going down this weekend, they are double digit underdogs

TAMU over rated

Mizzou will get punked at some point

The SEC/Big 10 bias is a live and well

One of the Final Five..........

well +++++ if the Bruins took a hit Alabama should have also and the luckeyes should have fallen further as well

MSU is going down this weekend, they are double digit underdogs

TAMU over rated

Mizzou will get punked at some point

The SEC/Big 10 bias is a live and well

I kind of get it because teams immediately behind the Bruins all had pretty impressive victories. I do agree that the SEC does get the benefit of the doubt wayyyy to easily and much more than any other league.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

CSU getting two votes is awesome.  Not long ago we were only receiving votes for the bottom 10.  Too early to say if we are deserving of those two votes, but as a CSU fan I'll enjoy the excitement for this week and hope I get to do it again next week.

South Carolina is still ranked?

Incredible.  I never understand how someone could justify ranking a 0-1 team, no matter who they are or how they lost to. 

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears; it was their final, most essential command.

Incredible.  I never understand how someone could justify ranking a 0-1 team, no matter who they are or how they lost to. 

Why? I don't understand why teams drop as far as they do when they lose close games to teams ranked higher than them, since if they are ranked correctly that is exactly what they are supposed to do ( I realize the SC game does not fit this bill).

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

Why? I don't understand why teams drop as far as they do when they lose close games to teams ranked higher than them, since if they are ranked correctly that is exactly what they are supposed to do ( I realize the SC game does not fit this bill).

I think if you get boat raced at home by a conference foe, you should probably drop out of the polls.  That's just me, though.  TAMU took it to the Gamecocks and made them look pretty silly.  That's not a performance befitting of a ranked squad.  JMO, though. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Incredible. I never understand how someone could justify ranking a 0-1 team, no matter who they are or how they lost to.

If you lose to the number 1 team, in theory you had the same result every other team would have. Obviously who you lose to is very important in rankings.

One could argue a four loss teams, with only losses to top 10 teams, is better than a two loss team who hasn't played anyone.

I think if you get boat raced at home by a conference foe, you should probably drop out of the polls.  That's just me, though.  TAMU took it to the Gamecocks and made them look pretty silly.  That's not a performance befitting of a ranked squad.  JMO, though. 

I agree, South Carolina should fall out of the rankings.

I was replying to the assertion " I never understand how someone could justify ranking a 0-1 team, no matter who they are or how they lost to". Who you lose to and how you lose matters (at least to me).

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan