Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: Alabama Senate Race

7 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Homosexuals and transgender ARE part of the working class. As are women and minorities.

And that’s why democrats are losing instead of crushing republicans on the issues like they should. Don’t abandon the disenfranchised, but don’t expend a disproportionate part of your energy on them either. 

3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

And that’s why democrats are losing instead of crushing republicans on the issues like they should. Don’t abandon the disenfranchised, but don’t expend your entire energy on them either. 

I kind of see your point here. 

Should we be expending a lot of energy om the disencfranchised? Hell yes we should, it’s a moral imperative. 

But does doing the right thing (standing up for black and gay people) always win elections in this country? Hell no. 

So a medium needs to be found where you’re still helping correct injustice while at the same time you’re not losing White America (and thus elections).

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

7 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

And that’s why democrats are losing instead of crushing republicans on the issues like they should. Don’t abandon the disenfranchised, but don’t expend your entire energy on them either. 

Wow

Women, homosexuals, transgender and minorities are all disenfranchised. Who does that leave? Oh yeah, white men.

The shrinking demographic. Don't look now but the disenfranchised are starting to run for office in record numbers so the Dems probably should stick with them after all.

One of the Final Five..........

2 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Moore not conseding... inviting late military votes, just like dubya 

Lol.

1 minute ago, mysfit said:

Wow

Women, homosexuals, transgender and minorities are all disenfranchised. Who does that leave? Oh yeah, white men.

The shrinking demographic. Don't look now but the disenfranchised are starting to run for office in record numbers so the Dems probably should stick with them after all.

Well clearly their current strategies haven’t worked to well as conservatives run all of Washington. Some changes need to be made.

4 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Wow

You are misinterpreting what I was trying to say. I was speaking specifically about gay wedding cakes and transgendered bathrooms. Things that dems will have a better chance of addressing when they are on the winning side of elections.

7 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Lol.

Well clearly their current strategies haven’t worked to well as conservatives run all of Washington. Some changes need to be made.

Maybe start with the partisan gerrymandering.

A significant part of the white vote will never agree with the 'disenfranchised' and there isn't much common ground to appeal to both.

I'll stick with the disenfranchised, being one of them. 

One of the Final Five..........

5 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I kind of see your point here. 

Should we be expending a lot of energy om the disencfranchised? Hell yes we should, it’s a moral imperative. 

But does doing the right thing (standing up for black and gay people) always win elections in this country? Hell no. 

So a medium needs to be found where you’re still helping correct injustice while at the same time you’re not losing White America (and thus elections).

Helping the jobs market helps people of all colors and sexual persuasion.    It’s not a medium it’s having plans that help a majority of all Americans...   

the majority of Americans are not for injustice.  Even in Alabama....   most just want an agenda that does more than that.

16 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Moore not conceding... inviting late military votes, just like dubya 

There are a total of 8,700 overseas military personnel from Alabama. Jones has a 20k vote lead. Math doesn’t work.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/military-civilian-active-duty-employee-workforce-numbers-by-state.html

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Have they really? I thought it was more minority dems not voting in large numbers like they did in years past.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/upshot/a-2016-review-turnout-wasnt-the-driver-of-clintons-defeat.html?_r=0&referer=https://fivethirtyeight-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-one-county-in-america-that-voted-in-a-landslide-for-both-trump-and-obama/amp/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQGCAEYASAB

In the aftermath of the 2016 presidential election, many analysts suggested that Hillary Clinton lost to Donald J. Trump because of poor Democratic turnout.

Months later, it is clear that the turnout was only modestly better for Mr. Trump than expected.

To the extent Democratic turnout was weak, it was mainly among black voters. Even there, the scale of Democratic weakness has been exaggerated.

Instead, it’s clear that large numbers of white, working-class voters shifted from the Democrats to Mr. Trump. Over all, almost one in four of President Obama’s 2012 white working-class supporters defected from the Democrats in 2016, either supporting Mr. Trump or voting for a third-party candidate.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

And all the Alabama GOP had to do was not nominate an extremist and a pedophile.  Any other GOP candidate wins this going away.

So glad Moore has lost.

The fun of GOP primaries is that "crazy" can really have a chance of winning 

18 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Hopefully Bannon keeps his pipeline of congressional candidates coming.

In fact, they should make him RNC chair.

GOPers could be in trouble if Bannon keeps bringing in lunatics from the far right and wins primaries - A GOP primary can be a wild thing when the crazy is let loose, and the good % of the GOP base loves them some crazy - So seeing some GOP crazy get to a general election isn't surprising