Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Las Vegas Bowl - Oregon vs Boise State

4 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

I thought it was both of them. Hadn't heard that Southwick was cleared of it.

Here’s an article where he says he took a polygraph and witnessed another player doing the deed.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/bowls13/story/_/id/10184936/joe-southwick-boise-state-broncos-tries-clear-name-being-sent-home

24 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

As a Boise State fan, wish I had your confidence in the Broncos.  I think something like 45-32 Oregon, with the Ducks last TD being somewhat meaningless to the outcome (other than icing the game).

A little like the Boise State vs. Colorado State game, but without the finish...Boise State staying within reach for most of the game, but not being able to pull out the big play to get over the hump.

Many including myself thought that BSU would get destroyed by OU in the Fiesta and again by a good Arizona team in the Fiesta a few years ago.. For the most part BSU has done well in bowl games.. And love beating P12 teams... Never underestimate the chip on the shoulder of a good G5 team...

4 minutes ago, utenation said:

Many including myself thought that BSU would get destroyed by OU in the Fiesta and again by a good Arizona team in the Fiesta a few years ago.. For the most part BSU has done well in bowl games.. And love beating P12 teams... Never underestimate the chip on the shoulder of a good G5 team...

Both of those games were smaller spreads than this game, and both of those Boise teams were better than this one. Add in the fact that two of Boise's best offensive weapons are likely out and it is going to be a tough game for Boise.

13 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Both of those games were smaller spreads than this game, and both of those Boise teams were better than this one. Add in the fact that two of Boise's best offensive weapons are likely out and it is going to be a tough game for Boise.

True. But Boise isn’t playing Clemson either. 

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

He was going to sue the school, let me see if I can find the article. 

Man, almost the entire world threatens to sue companies, schools and Jesus at some point in their lives. 

Then they call the Attorney, who tells them how much their retainer fee is, how every phone call costs $250 and everything else costs $500 an hour and then most people enter back into reality. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

55 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

We are gonna get worked. Gonna be alot like last year's bowl game. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

2 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

We are gonna get worked. Gonna be alot like last year's bowl game. 

Having a hard time with Boise only getting 7.5, but Boise pissed themselves last year and got blown out in every phase of the game.  Are you sure Boise will be down around 30 points in the fourth with little piss puddles spread all over their side line?

2 hours ago, slappy said:

Having a hard time with Boise only getting 7.5, but Boise pissed themselves last year and got blown out in every phase of the game.  Are you sure Boise will be down around 30 points in the fourth with little piss puddles spread all over their side line?

It will be a great day if/when wyo plays in a decent bowl let alone a bowl game that matters. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

9 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah. But it was eventually found out it was actually Nick Patti and Southwick got the screw job.

I’m still unconvinced that Nick Patti was tall enough to urinate over the railing unless someone like @tailingpermit was there to give him a boost.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 hours ago, utenation said:

I don’t know man — I would take Oregon and the points in this one. I’m not even trying to reverse juju this as I don’t think Boise State is going to be able to keep up with Oregon’s offense. The Bronco defense will keep them in the game for a while but I think BSU would need to score in the mid 30s to have a shot at winning. Without Roh and Mattison, that’s not going to happen as Oregon will key in on shutting Wilson down and their defensive front and linebackers are good enough to contain Wolpin. Relying on Richardson, Modster, and Dhaenens to drive the offense just isn’t going to get it done. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don’t know man — I would take Oregon and the points in this one. I’m not even trying to reverse juju this as I don’t think Boise State is going to be able to keep up with Oregon’s offense. The Bronco defense will keep them in the game for a while but I think BSU would need to score in the mid 30s to have a shot at winning. Without Roh and Mattison, that’s not going to happen as Oregon will key in on shutting Wilson down and their defensive front and linebackers are good enough to contain Wolpin. Relying on Richardson, Modster, and Dhaenens to drive the offense just isn’t going to get it done. 

Pretty much how I see it.  It will take a herculean effort by the defense and special teams to win.  Doubt that happens.  Oregon by double digits.

9 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

It will be a great day if/when wyo plays in a decent bowl let alone a bowl game that matters. 

I love Boise State fans that think that football started in 1996 2010

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Say what you want about Mike Sanford, but he was dead on regarding the locker rooms.  They have never been updated since the Silver Bowl was built.  There are high schools that have nicer lockers rooms than the Silver Bowl does.  It is a complete travesty.

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Oregon still has a metric +++++ton of fast players and they have their QB back, i just don't see how a Boise team that scored all of 17 points vs Fresno two weeks in a row keeps up. 

8 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How about a friendly hat bet? I think BSU keeps it within 7 points.. I think BSU wins but I need a buffer... 7 and under, I'll take a nice Ute hat..+7, I'll get you a nice BSU hat, shirt or whatever you want..

I get what you guys are saying and you know your team much better than me but I've seen Oregon play several times this year. They are an average P12 team, with lot's of talent and plenty of holes..

I think this is going to be a close, good game..

Let me know.