Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Ok. Time to give Trump a thank you. We going back to the moon!

There are 43 satellites in orbit that study the Earth's climate.  They are going to still collect data, they are not going to suddenly fall from the sky.  Our researches and scientists will still have access to all their data.  Climate change data will still be available at the same rates it was under Obama.  However Obama promised us a man on an asteroid during his first years then took a giant shit on space exploration

Trump has this one right.  This is a win for science and our species. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/11/569936446/president-trump-is-sending-nasa-back-to-the-moon

I'm banking on private industry to make it to the moon and beyond before NASA or a government agency. As a species, we're going to have to explore space sooner or later and availability of resources is going to push us toward the "sooner." 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I'm banking on private industry to make it to the moon and beyond before NASA or a government agency. As a species, we're going to have to explore space sooner or later and availability of resources is going to push us toward the "sooner." 

NASA and the private sector need to work together.  The fact that a man has not ventured out of LOE for over 4 decades is disgraceful.  Go Donald on this one.  Learning to extract resources like He-3 from the moon for future generations of nuclear reactors will do more to fight climate change than another 43 satellites.  The main reasons I voted for Obama were because of the promises he made regarding space and foreign policy.  Boy was I fooled.

This is a great move by the Trump administration but still not ideal.  Ideally we would cut another say 80 billion from our defense budget and sing it into NASA.

This is awesome. 

Space exploration is worth the investment. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

There are 2 ways to grow a nation's wealth - increase the availability of resources and increase productivity of the workers. 

Space has so many resources, so available, it is the obvious place to look to invest in the economy. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

There are 2 ways to grow a nation's wealth - increase the availability of resources and increase productivity of the workers. 

Space has so many resources, so available, it is the obvious place to look to invest in the economy. 

@retrofade, @Dogs4Me, and @FSpoopypants are already dreaming of the possibilities!

7615095962_e38509c6a4_b.jpg

Some people say that we have been on the moon for some time. Some people say we've never been there at all.

I have no idea what the truth actually is. I tend to believe we landed on the moon. But I do wonder why there hasn't been a manned mision by the US or any nation to the moon since?

10 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Some people say that we have been on the moon for some time. Some people say we've never been there at all.

I have no idea what the truth actually is. I tend to believe we landed on the moon. But I do wonder why there hasn't been a manned mision by the US or any nation to the moon since?

We have been to the moon, plenty of proof of that.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Admit it, you just want to paint the moon blue.

It’s no coincidence that the only inhabitable planet in this solar system is ..... wait for it ...... wait for it ..... THAT’S RIGHT, BLUE!! :D 

19 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

But I do wonder why there hasn't been a manned mision by the US or any nation to the moon since?

The democrats

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Maybe he can get Mexico to pay for the trip, much like he said they will pay for a wall?:huh: I think space exploration is great and I also agree it needs to be spearheaded by both Nasa and the Private Sector.. We need to get going though. Trump very well could completely destroy the environment in his term.

23 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Priorities changed.

24 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Some say that when we did go to the moon in back in the day..........we were "TOLD" to stop coming !!! 

Add that into the why we haven't gone back theories !