Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Mountain West Basketball Week 6: December 11th - 17th

39 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I like the changes a lot as well.

They don’t break down the quads with Kenpom. The team’s individual Kenpom number is what they’ll be looking at.

Ahh damn. I completely read that wrong when I first looked at the article. I thought they would do quadrants with all of the metrics. Reading is fundamental :blink:

3 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

Ahh damn. I completely read that wrong when I first looked at the article. I thought they would do quadrants with all of the metrics. Reading is fundamental :blink:

I thought that too when we were doing this last week, but this article today had the updated team sheet that I hadn’t seen before.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I thought that too when we were doing this last week, but this article today had the updated team sheet that I hadn’t seen before.

I can see how messy having the 4 quadrant records for 6 different metrics could get. Though, it’d be nice if they were able to find a way to incorporate multiple ratings in the quadrant records. Say all results-based metrics. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Luckily for Boise they only have to play SJSU once this year. 

FSU gets a double bonus....SJSU only once and Boise only in Fresno!!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Tuesday December 12th

Eastern Washington at Wyoming - Wyoming wins but beware

Wednesday December 13th

Grand Canyon at Boise State BSU wins but GC puts up a fight, Decent pre MWC tune up

Arkansas. Pine Bluff at Fresno State - Fresno wins. Good time to get bench involved 

Saturday December 16th

Oregon at Fresno State - Fresno can win this game, need a good overall effort and a good home crowd would help. A win the MWC can use 

#23 Arizona at New Mexico - Arizona crushes the UNM. Moral win for a program going nowhere if Lobos can keep it within 12 points. Would be massive win 

Life Pacific at Utah State - A game MWC teams shouldn't even schedule this late in the non-conference. Should amout to nothing more than a live scrimmage, For god's sake DO NOT LOSE

UNLV at Pacific - Minor road test that UNLV should pass. Loss here would be bad, really bad. 

Texas Southern at Wyoming - Pokes get another home win over low end program. Another place where a loss hurts the MWC

Sunday December 17th

Air Force vs Army at Madison Square Garden - Neutral court game which AF could win and would help a bit in what has been a weak non-conference schedule

Texas State at Colorado State - A game CSU should win & Rams have advantage of this being TSU's back half of a front range double dip. CSU needs a win here 

Radford at Nevada - Nothing to really gain here. Scrimmage type of game. Watch out for injuries and Muss needs to let his bench play. For God's sake DO NOT LOSE

South Dakota at San Jose State - Wins will be hard to come by for Spartans and this might be one of the better chances to get a W. Nothing is a given for SJS. Keep fingers crossed for the overall MWC's RPI 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I really don't understand why the rpi likes Wyoming so much. You look at who they have played and their results and it makes no sense. They just beat a very average Pacific (and that's being generous) at home and jumped up 24 spots. It's loved them all year and I'm not sure why. 

I haven’t seen a ranking that has us lower than like high 50s in weeks unless I missed something. I’m fairly certain that we didn’t just jump 24 spots?

tetons1.jpg

Current RPI

At 59-44 The Mountain West is the 9th best conference.

15. Nevada

41. Boise State

48. Wyoming

65. Fresno State

80. San Diego State

97. UNLV

144. Colorado State

198. Utah Statem

218. New Mexico

312. Air Force

343. San Jose State

New Mex & CSU-San Diego...oh how the mighty have fallen...

Is "#198. Utah Statem" anything like Steak-umms???

steakums-cheesesteak-sandwiche-7dbe2a.jp

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I like the changes a lot as well.

They don’t break down the quads with Kenpom. The team’s individual Kenpom number is what they’ll be looking at.

The NCAA runs the "Team Sheets" quite often.  Almost daily.

Here is the one they posted yesterday for every team.  To the far right of the sheets you can see how they are keeping track of the Quads.

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/Dec. 10, 2017 Nitty Gritty.pdf

35 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

The NCAA runs the "Team Sheets" quite often.  Almost daily.

Here is the one they posted yesterday for every team.  To the far right of the sheets you can see how they are keeping track of the Quads.

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/Dec. 10, 2017 Nitty Gritty.pdf

Sweet! Rpiforecast makes breaking down the quadrants tougher for a current snapshot because on the team’s schedule they list the projected final RPI of their opponents.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

It would really be nice of Boise end up in the top 30, Rhode Island too.

Lol, yeah, I agree. If BSU finishes in the top-30 we are definitely getting an at-large bid if we don't win the conference tourney and wouldn't have to play in the First Four again either.  

1 hour ago, SLCPoke said:

I haven’t seen a ranking that has us lower than like high 50s in weeks unless I missed something. I’m fairly certain that we didn’t just jump 24 spots?

It's gone on real time rpi now, but they had a 24 up next to their 48 rpi yesterday. They were in the 70s before that. 

Screenshot_20171211-211734.png