Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

The MWC has officially left the AAC in the dust

In women tennis

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

37 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

This is true. They have to live in some of the shittiest cities in America while we get to live out west. 

I like it here...lots of jobs and houses are cheap.

crappy school system though and it gets crazy hot in the summer.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

I bet the MWC overtakes the AAC in every football ranking metric next year so good on the OP for its prescience. 

Their OOC schedule is tougher, with the exception of Memphis. Memphis' only tough game is Missouri.

Big number of returning starters for a bunch of MWC teams too. Most MWC teams will be significantly better on paper next year. The west might be the most competitive its been since the two division format started. I think Nevada is a bowl team next year and UNLV could be too.

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The MWC is definitely ahead of the AAC in the category of "Travel subsidies received".  ?

Yes, only the AAC calls it welfare payments for the poor. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 hours ago, fanhood said:

Their OOC schedule is tougher, with the exception of Memphis. Memphis' only tough game is Missouri.

We’re breaking in a new QB so we need a softer schedule next season...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

24 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Damn, looks like fanhood got so pissed UCF took the access Bowl that he killed all of csnbbs...

Its amusing how I have become the object of so much hatred over there. Truly, all I do is cite stats, and state opinions that the MW and AAC have similar access, and similar performance. Considering the records against each other are the same, and we both compete for the NY6, nothing I say is false.

1 minute ago, fanhood said:

Its amusing how I have become the object of so much hatred over there. Truly, all I do is cite stats, and state opinions that the MW and AAC have similar access, and similar performance. Considering the records against each other are the same, and we both compete for the NY6, nothing I say is false.

if it means anything, it doesn't bother me...

I've found the folks here to be very welcoming

mem skyline sig.jpeg

45 minutes ago, since1670 said:

fanhood you have added a lot to the conversations on CSNBBS. The problem is: you keep saying the AAC will not get P5 money. That doesn't go well.

Sure, I get that, but I usually post stats that suggest that, recent events, or link articles of national media members that say it. There is also the current downturn in that market that to me, is obvious. Yet, people there think they are going to get ~$8-$10 million because the Memphis President said he "hoped" that would happen. I also point out that Aresco was the one who was promising the C7 a big payout, and pushed to add Tulane. The big payout never came, yet people there speak of Aresco, as if he is a rain maker. It is odd.

7 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Sure, I get that, but I usually post stats that suggest that, recent events, or link articles of national media members that say it. There is also the current downturn in that market that to me, is obvious. Yet, people there think they are going to get ~$8-$10 million because the Memphis President said he "hoped" that would happen. I also point out that Aresco was the one who was promising the C7 a big payout, and pushed to add Tulane. The big payout never came, yet people there speak of Aresco, as if he is a rain maker. It is odd.

There was a payout but iirc only existing BE members at the time were eligible. The only remaining pre-split members were USF, UCONN, and CINCI. All the rest(except Navy) came from CUSA post 12/13'.