Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

the inaugural Beehive classic ...

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Beehive Classic? Are they letting @#1Stunner name these things now?

this dance was almost as exciting as the tournament

RectangularPoliticalAmericansaddlebred-s

I spend $275 to split Utah season tickets with my sister, but that doesn't include $50 seats for an arena 5 miles away against an average to poor Utah State team (at the Buzz Classic).  Not ripping on the Aggies, cause if I were and Aggie fan, I wouldn't spend $50 to watch my team play an average at best Utes team either.

blah!

I think they need to include the tickets as part of the season ticket packages so more students go.  I also think they need to make it a tournament format which would draw more interest.

The NCAA won't let you participate in more than one tournament these days, so I doubt that will happen.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

36 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

this dance was almost as exciting as the tournament

RectangularPoliticalAmericansaddlebred-s

I spend $275 to split Utah season tickets with my sister, but that doesn't include $50 seats for an arena 5 miles away against an average to poor Utah State team (at the Buzz Classic).  Not ripping on the Aggies, cause if I were and Aggie fan, I wouldn't spend $50 to watch my team play the Utes either.

blah!

The ticket was like 25 dollars with something like a 12 dollar handling fee.  Buncha bullshit there. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I think they should either rotate it between the schools (which will never happen) or let a ton of students in free from each school (1-2k per school) to create a campus game atmosphere. Put the students behind the baskets and let them go nuts. Charge everyone else in the arena $20 and you'll have one hell of a fun night of basketball. It's incredible how poorly thought out year 1 was. 

I’m boycotting USU basketball until we have even just an average hc.

Oh and David Collette can pound sand.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I’m boycotting USU basketball until we have even just an average hc.

Oh and David Collette can pound sand.

I really thought they shoulda looked at Don Verlin. Most baggie fans disagreed when I pointed that out, but I think he woulda done a pretty good job at Utah State. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I really thought they shoulda looked at Don Verlin. Most baggie fans disagreed when I pointed that out, but I think he woulda done a pretty good job at Utah State. 

I’m sure they’ll look at him during the next hiring process. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

8 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I think they need to include the tickets as part of the season ticket packages so more students go.  I also think they need to make it a tournament format which would draw more interest.

The NCAA won't let you participate in more than one tournament these days, so I doubt that will happen.

The other problem is you can only participate in the same tournament once every four years.  So, if they made it a tournament, you would have to have four different teams the next 3 years.

It's kind of like the PK80 they had this year.  You won't see it next year because Phil isn't going to sponsor it if Oregon won't be in it.

23 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

The other problem is you can only participate in the same tournament once every four years.  So, if they made it a tournament, you would have to have four different teams the next 3 years.

It's kind of like the PK80 they had this year.  You won't see it next year because Phil isn't going to sponsor it if Oregon won't be in it.

and next year he'll either be dead or 81 :)

1 hour ago, NWRebel said:

See, but that would be fun to rotate teams around in it every year, and just let Oregon be in it every year.

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Pretty bad year to do this with Utah and USU both being down.

Actually, there really isn't a good basketball team in Utah(the state) so I don't think there was an advantage one way or another.. The motivation was: Try and bring a neutral court aspect to instate games and enhance rivalries..

Utah will be a bottom half P12 team.. BYU isn't going anywhere and USU is pretty bad.. Weber State... meh, no one cares..

Tickets were actually $60 and not included with any of the four school's season ticket packages. It was doomed to be a complete failure from the start. That price point drives the two target audiences away from going which are families and students. Who's going to drop $300 bucks on a single game for a family of 5 (not including concessions and the cost of having to travel to the "neutral" site)? What student is willing to drop that amount plus travel? Apparently not a whole lot of them....

8-10 years ago this event would have been awesome but now, like others mentioned, there isn't a single Utah team worth watching let alone at this price. Some people think next year will be better attended with Utah and BYU being matched up but if prices stay the same I don't think it will make that much of a difference. Part of what makes these rivalries what they are is the campus atmosphere that they have traditionally been played in. Playing in that cavernous empty NBA arena is about as sterile of an environment as you can get.