Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gabe H. Cuod

What is the identity of the MWC? FB or Hoop Conference?

I'm posing this question because I just don't know.

Do we identify as Hoops schools or football schools? I think a few years ago it was obviously a basketball centric conference but now I'm not so sure.

I can't believe SDSU just lost in hoops. Will this conference ever stand out in that sport? CUSA seems to have the same issue we do. Some good teams at the top but very bottom heavy.

So, are we all in on football? The bowl situation doesn't offer any hope either.

What's our identity?

ysOR4zJ.gif

5 minutes ago, Gabe H. Cuod said:

Do we identify as Hoops schools or football schools? I think a few years ago it was obviously a basketball centric conference but now I'm not so sure.

I can't believe SDSU just lost in hoops. Will this conference ever stand out in that sport? CUSA seems to have the same issue we do. Some good teams at the top but very bottom heavy.

So, are we all in on football? The bowl situation doesn't offer any hope either.

What's our identity?

What's your real identity? 

Might have been football at one time with BYU, Utah & TCU being ranked 

That wasn't a bad era for basketball either 

Right now I'd say the MWC is searching for any identity it can gain to get some form of national respect 

1 hour ago, Gabe H. Cuod said:

What's our identity?

Socks. We wear socks. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

16 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Gabe H. Cuod

douC H. ebaG

Football. At least for the schools here that aspire to someday be part of a better conference.

Very well played.

True dat. Eventually, of course, several of us who care about football will be gone and replaced by several Big Sky schools for football only. Then the MWC will officially be a basketball conference. And if AFA is one of those to leave and the rest show SJSU the door, it could actually be a half decent hoops conference. Maybe get two bids annually from just eight schools playing hoops. Not great maybe but 25% beats the hell out of 9%.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 12/10/2017 at 7:30 PM, Gabe H. Cuod said:

What's our identity?

Hair, and lots of it sadly. 

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Very well played.

True dat. Eventually, of course, several of us who care about football will be gone and replaced by several Big Sky schools for football only. Then the MWC will officially be a basketball conference. And if AFA is one of those to leave and the rest show SJSU the door, it could actually be a half decent hoops conference. Maybe get two bids annually from just eight schools playing hoops. Not great maybe but 25% beats the hell out of 9%.

Where you going?

I say football because that is what the MW wants to identify itself with so bad. However, I see alot more potential in MBB in the MW. With schools like UNLV, UNM, USU, UNR, SDSU and now BSU it should be a fun league to watch. MW was really fun to watch when those schools where constantly in the top 25 *cough *cough UNLV, SDSU, UNM. Also even Utah State has not gone back to its old form. I almost certainly thought they would have gone to higher peaks since joining the MW. Some of those schools need to get back to their roots and get MBB going again. IMO MBB can make you some $$$ if you can get yourself into a mulit bid league again. With the additions of GCU and NMSU to the league you'd have one fun conference to watch.