Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fowl

Penny Fifth in Heisman Voting

Highest ranked MWC player in Heisman voting since Alex Smith in '04 (fourth).  Probably should have been higher but it really doesn't matter now.

It further shows that no one in the G5 will ever win a Heisman or a National Championship.  The game is far beyond rigged, not that it is a shock to anyone as Kellen Moore's best showing was a fourth back in 2010.

18 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Highest ranked MWC player in Heisman voting since Alex Smith in '04 (fourth).  Probably should have been higher but it really doesn't matter now.

It further shows that no one in the G5 will ever win a Heisman or a National Championship.  The game is far beyond rigged, not that it is a shock to anyone as Kellen Moore's best showing was a fourth back in 2010.

This is well stated.  It's not even an attempt to exclude anymore.  It's just a routine assumption regarding the quality of a G5 player vs a P5 player.  This is the world the four letter network created, and this will eventually be the death by bankruptcy of the four letter network.

Seriously, if ESPN had to stroll into bankruptcy court what would happen to the P5 and the Dance?

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

His best year he wasn’t invited. 39 tds 3 int. Passer rating of 175. Undefeated team.

His final season I think they have him a token lifetime achievement award with the invite.

10 hours ago, Fowl said:

As everyone knows, the un-written rule is the player also has to be on a high ranked team and no embarrassing loses that can be tied to the player, as well. That's a large part of how it's rigged. If SDSU had won out or had only one loss to a good team, I think he makes the top 2 or 3. The Heisman hasn't been purely about the best player since I can remember. 

Sure a G5 can win a national championship. Boise was on the doorstep in 2010. But it's very very difficult. It pretty much takes 2 epic seasons in a row to do it with a typical G5 schedule. Run the table 2 years in a row with a P5 or two in OOC both seasons and you're there at the door.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

The Heisman hasn't been purely about the best player since I can remember. 

I remember when Doug Flutie won it over Keith Byers.  Byers literally pulled a triple crown leading the nation in rushing, all-purpose yards and scoring, but Flutie completed a Hail Mary on Thanksgiving weekend with the whole country watching and it had been over a decade since a white guy......errrr, I mean a QB had won it.....so Flutie gets the trophy.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

The only way any G5 player will get a sniff is if they schedule four P5's OOC (and beat them all) and all end up being in the top 25.  I heard Trevor Mattich on the radio last week saying Penny has played nobody and thus his yards don't count.  Then he went on to tout Barkley by saying that not only was he a great running back but he also returned two kicks for TD's.  Nevermind that Penny had two KOR's for td's (one against a "p5") and his first punt return he returned for a TD.

The general public has been conditioned to believe that the G5 is worse than FCS.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

The only way any G5 player will get a sniff is if they schedule four P5's OOC (and beat them all) and all end up being in the top 25.  I heard Trevor Mattich on the radio last week saying Penny has played nobody and thus his yards don't count.  Then he went on to tout Barkley by saying that not only was he a great running back but he also returned two kicks for TD's.  Nevermind that Penny had two KOR's for td's (one against a "p5") and his first punt return he returned for a TD.

The general public has been conditioned to believe that the G5 is worse than FCS.

If I was voting, I would have had Penny 4th. Don't even know how Barkley is in the conversation.

Guest RoscoesDad
Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What does that have to do with this award?

Probably about as much as your question has to do with my post.  

Nothing.

Get a life bitch.

13 hours ago, Fowl said:

The only way any G5 player will get a sniff is if ...

By "G5" do you mean "Non-P5" ? . . . (since to some BYU fans "non-G5" seems to mean P5)

I wouldn't say they believe "worse than FCS" but there are a lot of people implying that both G5 and FCS are basically "division 2", and mostly because they have an agenda (which most often is criticizing schedule strength of teams they - or teams in their conferences - are competing against for bowl seeding)