Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DestinFlPackfan

A walk on wins the Heisman trophy

6 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

I didn’t know he was a walk on...

I’d trade Dak and our first and second rounder for him...

Is the bloom off the rose for Prescott already?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Is the bloom off the rose for Prescott already?

Ehhh....  He needs to win the next two games without Zeke, period..

The arm talent difference is totally obvious to me..

New-Signature.jpg

Mayfield is an excellent NCAA qb but won’t be a good pro QB. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Props to Mayfield.  I have no idea how he'll do moving forward, but still impressive that a walk on gets the Heisman.  Wasn't aware of that.  Cool story.

5 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Amazing what a good OL, great RB, and solid WRs can do for a QB right?  

Exactly. Tom Brady as a Cleveland Brown would not be the same Tom Brady we know as a New England Patriot. Put DeShone Kiser with the Pats and he would probably be having a pro bowl season. The OL is the most important factor as a running back is only as good as the line that opens opportunities for him and a QB is usually worthless if he’s spending most of the game on his back.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Exactly. Tom Brady as a Cleveland Brown would not be the same Tom Brady we know as a New England Patriot. Put DeShone Kiser with the Pats and he would probably be having a pro bowl season. The OL is the most important factor as a running back is only as good as the line that opens opportunities for him and a QB is usually worthless if he’s spending most of the game on his back.

No doubt. Welcome to Emmitt Smith's career. Imagine Walter Payton (or any other top back from bad teams) running behind the line the Cowboys had during those years.

52 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Or maybe he becomes a Drew Brees type QB.  Let's see who draft's him.

That’s true. If he gets taken by a team with good players he could do well. If it’s cleveland... eek 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.