Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRebelRed

Baer is fired as DC at UNLV

Guest RoscoesDad
44 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Speaking truth. TKM was and still is a dumb bitch. Look how she handled all the coaches. Extending then firing. Wasting university money. The whole Dave Rice thing was an utter joke and embarrassment. Fires mid season then doesn't have anything lined up when the season ends. Tries to bring Cronin out and then bad mouths him to the media after he supposedly retreads. Beard fiasco, and then she finally lands with Menzies (which she lucked into). Albeit the second time around for Menzies she had to boost the salary. She is an utter embarrassment to UNLV and should have nothing to do with the university. And before you go on about Livingood, he sucked too. But TKM should NEVER have been made full time AD. 

But thanks for confirming your infatuation with her (as if it wasn't already obvious).

The fact that you think that you have to explain why you think it's acceptable to call TKM a 'dumb bitch' says it all about your character homeboy.  We all know how it played out.  Ironically for you, for UNLV's best.

Grow up you +++++ing imbecile and stop embarassing UNLV with your juvenile petulant behavior.  

7 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

The fact that you think that you have to explain why you think it's acceptable to call TKM a 'dumb bitch' says it all about your character homeboy.  We all know how it played out.  Ironically for you, for UNLV's best.

Grow up you +++++ing imbecile and stop embarassing UNLV with your juvenile petulant behavior.  

You're an arrogant sob and the majority of ppl on here don't give two shits about what you have to say. 

Go wank off to your picture of tkm again.

52 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Speaking truth. TKM was and still is a dumb bitch. Look how she handled all the coaches. Extending then firing. Wasting university money. The whole Dave Rice thing was an utter joke and embarrassment. Fires mid season then doesn't have anything lined up when the season ends. Tries to bring Cronin out and then bad mouths him to the media after he supposedly retreads. Beard fiasco, and then she finally lands with Menzies (which she lucked into). Albeit the second time around for Menzies she had to boost the salary. She is an utter embarrassment to UNLV and should have nothing to do with the university. And before you go on about Livingood, he sucked too. But TKM should NEVER have been made full time AD. 

But thanks for confirming your infatuation with her (as if it wasn't already obvious).

Nice. Would you say that to her face?

Guest RoscoesDad
Just now, BleedRed702 said:

You're an arrogant sob and most ppl on here don't give two shits about what you have to say. 

Oh now that is humbling for sure.  By the guy calling a woman he doesn't know a 'dumb bitch' on the interwebs.

Grow up.

TKM was disastrous as an AD, but not a ton worse than all the other AD's scans Rotherhmel. DRF hasn't done enough to judge her yet.

Been thinking somewhat about this discussion, and frankly if DRF pressured Sanchez into firing Baer, that's not a good look, IMO. I prefer an AD who stays out of coaching staff and leaves that up to the HC. Obviously the HC should be held accountable for every aspect of the program.

Also, I think Sanchez was serving Baer notice before the season even started. There were multiple quotes from him stating that the offense would have to step up because we weren't stopping anyone on defense. He knew what the problem was, and the frequency with which he was stating this increased a lot prior to and during this season. I think Sanchez was basically telling Baer this season was his chance to fix things.

Now I don't know who he can get on our salary. I would guess it would have to be an up and comer since any retread will have the same baggage and be seen as Baer 2.0.

29 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Oh now that is humbling for sure.  By the guy calling a woman he doesn't know a 'dumb bitch' on the interwebs.

Grow up.

Hope you enjoyed your session. I don't know how anyone could possibly get off to TKM. But hey...some people have really low standards (I guess you have to take what you can get).

Guest RoscoesDad
15 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

TKM was disastrous as an AD, but not a ton worse than all the other AD's scans Rotherhmel. DRF hasn't done enough to judge her yet.

Been thinking somewhat about this discussion, and frankly if DRF pressured Sanchez into firing Baer, that's not a good look, IMO. I prefer an AD who stays out of coaching staff and leaves that up to the HC. Obviously the HC should be held accountable for every aspect of the program.

Also, I think Sanchez was serving Baer notice before the season even started. There were multiple quotes from him stating that the offense would have to step up because we weren't stopping anyone on defense. He knew what the problem was, and the frequency with which he was stating this increased a lot prior to and during this season. I think Sanchez was basically telling Baer this season was his chance to fix things.

Now I don't know who he can get on our salary. I would guess it would have to be an up and comer since any retread will have the same baggage and be seen as Baer 2.0.

All I asked was where is our new AD on this?  On the scope of AD decisions it's pretty big.  We haven't heard anything - nothing - from our AD, since she's even been hired except for puff pieces in the RJ/Sun.  If we hire a new AD, one would think they'd be front and center with such an important hire.  One would think the local press and fans would be asking what our ADs position is.  Crickets.

Now let's compare that to what TKM had to endure from the likes of a douchebag - like the one on this thread.  I think any reasonable person would be able to see the difference.  They were all over TKM on everything.  If TKM were still in place and she fired Baer, nutbags like that would be screaming at the top of their lungs with questions.  Nary a peep now.  

Guest RoscoesDad
2 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Hope you enjoyed your session. I don't know how anyone could possibly get off to TKM. But hey...some people have really low standards (I guess you have to take what you can get).

Shit man, you are just schooling me now.  

UNCLE!

8 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

All I asked was where is our new AD on this?  On the scope of AD decisions it's pretty big.  We haven't heard anything - nothing - from our AD, since she's even been hired except for puff pieces in the RJ/Sun.  If we hire a new AD, one would think they'd be front and center with such an important hire.  One would think the local press and fans would be asking what our ADs position is.  Crickets.

Now let's compare that to what TKM had to endure from the likes of a douchebag - like the one on this thread.  I think any reasonable person would be able to see the difference.  They were all over TKM on everything.  If TKM were still in place and she fired Baer, nutbags like that would be screaming at the top of their lungs with questions.  Nary a peep now.  

An assistant coach is not an important hire. Come on man. A Head Coach is. If one is to say that HC's are solely responsible for their programs, one can't jump out in front of a Press Conference and take the spotlight on an Assistant hire that is rightfully the HC's responsibility. I don't think it works that way.

And if TKM fired Baer, hell yeah I would be all over her, because as I said, that should be the HC's responsibility... not the AD's. Any AD who micromanages coaching staffs to that degree will not be successful.

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

It's not true what you are saying about DRF.  She was asked and came out and said she would not interfere with the Coach in making his decisions regarding his staff.  I'll try to find it.  But, she was very clear about it and it was said before Tony fired Baer.  (When I find the article or radio show where she said it I will update).

It's really the smart move on her part.  You don't want to get involved in any more of Tony's messes if you have to fire him next year.

UPDATE:

This is what DRF said about Tony and his staff...

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-columns/ed-graney/tony-sanchez-deserves-more-time-to-build-unlv-football-program/

“(Sanchez) and I talk and text daily,” Reed-Francois said. “It’s important we have a relationship of candor and mutual respect, and it’s my job to make sure I’m providing Tony and the program all the resources they need to be successful.

“We will sit and evaluate everything, from top to bottom, and implement whatever is needed to meet those expectations. We’re both very competitive, and we both know big things can be done here at UNLV.

“I hold head coaches accountable. I’m not going to usurp their power and tell them who to hire. I’ll retain veto power in case we do a background check and some NCAA or ethical issues pop up, but it’s not my place to dictate who a coach has on his or her staff. I will always hold the head coach accountable.

“I absolutely see a ray of light, with the Fertitta Football Complex and (NFL) stadium coming. I think we have some really good strengths to build for the future.”