Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Logwood is gone?

When the team is winning...the game is fun.

Basketball has become 'unfun' for Sam.

He is tired and needs a break from basketball. I understand that he graduates this semester and I don't expect him back although Weir has indicated that he would be welcomed back.

I wish him well.

Tough year for my Lobos.

11 hours ago, nmlongbow said:

Nmsu is coming to the Pit tomorrow and Sam didn't want to be part of first Lobo team this century that got swept by the Aggies. Can't blame him for quitting early.

I don't want any quitters on my team period, if you can't play for the love of the game and self/school pride, then open up your spot for someone else who does.

4 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

I don't want any quitters on my team period, if you can't play for the love of the game and self/school pride, then open up your spot for someone else who does.

I wouldn't be so hard on him just yet LA. The young man is going through some emotional issues right now. He could have transferred like he planned when Noodles got fired, but HE made the decision to stay b/c HE wanted to see his commitment to UNM through. I'd at least wait until we hear WHY he's taken a leave of absence. If it is some kind of conflict between him and coach/s, then we'll find out soon enough, but calling him a quitter,  when he decided to stay, is off the mark imo.

But on a side note, check out coach Weir's body language in this video update of the team, which also talks about Sam's decision... he does not look like a very relaxed guy, and seems to be already feeling the pressure of the fishbowl that Lobo basketball coaches live in!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

19 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

He must have been totally destroyed as a kid with a name like that. At least his parents didn't name him Dick. Now that's a name only a Log Cabin Republican would love. ?

There is absolutely no need to make a statement like that.  Total bullcrap, and I'm sure you think your name is great.   I would like to see you say that to his face.  Have you seen the guns on that guy? 

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

19 minutes ago, Hoser said:

There is absolutely no need to make a statement like that.  Total bullcrap, and I'm sure you think your name is great.   I would like to see you say that to his face.  Have you seen the guns on that guy? 

What? Say, "dude, you must have taken a lot of shit for your name growing up - you know... 'Log...' 'Wood?'" Sure. I'd say that to his face. Not sure what the big fn deal is... :shrug:

Why so thin-skinned? Oh yeah

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

I wouldn't be so hard on him just yet LA. The young man is going through some emotional issues right now. He could have transferred like he planned when Noodles got fired, but HE made the decision to stay b/c HE wanted to see his commitment to UNM through. I'd at least wait until we hear WHY he's taken a leave of absence. If it is some kind of conflict between him and coach/s, then we'll find out soon enough, but calling him a quitter,  when he decided to stay, is off the mark imo.

But on a side note, check out coach Weir's body language in this video update of the team, which also talks about Sam's decision... he does not look like a very relaxed guy, and seems to be already feeling the pressure of the fishbowl that Lobo basketball coaches live in!

I know there is more to the story but Sam's behavior and attitude both before and after the Colorado game, and his perfomance in it speaks volumes to me. 

If he is graduating, he can transfer and play elsewhere next month.  Dwayne Morgan was already on the roster for Southern Utah when they played here last month and he hadn't walked yet.

Having that option open can cause a player to think about going somewhere closer to home, or just a change of scenery.

Geoff Grammer @GeoffGrammer

He is expected to graduate next Saturday. His coursework is done.

29 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

If he is graduating, he can transfer and play elsewhere next month.  Dwayne Morgan was already on the roster for Southern Utah when they played here last month and he hadn't walked yet.

Having that option open can cause a player to think about going somewhere closer to home, or just a change of scenery.

Geoff Grammer @GeoffGrammer

He is expected to graduate next Saturday. His coursework is done.

According to Grammar, he can't transfer because he has already started his fourth year.  He finishes at UNM, or is finished with college basketball.

37 minutes ago, stchas said:

According to Grammar, he can't transfer because he has already started his fourth year.  He finishes at UNM, or is finished with college basketball.

That makes sense.  Morgan was not a member of the team for UNLV this season so that's how it works in his case.