Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada vs TCU

8 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

No shame in these two loses........both close games that could have gone NV's way with a few bounces 

Definitely no shame but didn’t help our tournament resume. We needed one of these games. Oh well. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, cardrater said:

It was fun. They will be ranked again sometime this year and just think, Nevada will most likely be a top 10 team next season. 

Next season we will have the Martin twins, Caroline, Drew and hall all back plus the transfers sitting out this year. :blink: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

34 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Who's better? Cody or Caleb?

Caleb is the natural scorer and better athlete, Cody is the better baskeball player at this level. The team seems to be taking after Caleb when I wish they would look at what Cody does. That guy looks for everybody else.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

With that said, they are going to lose one or two in conf play because they will run into a team that can play well and gel as a group

We will lose 4 plus at this point. The team doesn’t know what it is. Short as they were last year at this point., they all had roles they knew to fill.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

13 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

Is it me or does Nevada not seem to gel real well as a team?

12 minutes ago, cardrater said:

It's just you

It’s not just him. We’ve beat mediocre to bad teams in the past few weeks by talent alone. These guys don’t play well together. Nobody understands their role other than the Martin’s, and it might not serve us all that well if they ar right.

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Next season we will have the Martin twins, Caroline, Drew and hall all back plus the transfers sitting out this year. :blink: 

There is no way we keep everyone at this point. This team doesn’t care enough about each other at this point. They don’t look for each other. 

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

There is no way we keep everyone at this point. This team doesn’t care enough about each other at this point. They don’t look for each other. 

It really stuck out to me this game especially with under 5 to play. Instead of creating an open shot with movement and screens it was literally guys trying to find their shot, not a shot. 

tetons1.jpg

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If Muss could get these guys playing ina. Semi-organized manner on offense they have the talent to be top 10 imo. 

tetons1.jpg

6 minutes ago, bigd said:

Yeah if no one unexpected leaves we are definitely a top 25 team next season.

To start, Muss needs to show he can mold the team into a TEAM. 7 guys thinking they are stars looking for their own business won’t be as successful as last years team with no bench.

1 minute ago, SLCPoke said:

I get your are probably a little upset. I get it....we got our ass kicked by Denver so I get it to the highest level. 

I'm not upset we lost to a very good team and by far the best team Nevada will play all season. Nevada has a highly potent offense where they also average a high amount of assists. They pass the ball well and I think one game shouldn't be the deciding factor that these guys don't play well together.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

To start, Muss needs to show he can mold the team into a TEAM. 7 guys thinking they are stars looking for their own business won’t be as successful as last years team with no bench.

Holy sh1t reading your posts one might think we are 0-10 and one of the worst offenses in the nation. 

5 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Holy sh1t reading your posts one might think we are 0-10 and one of the worst offenses in the nation. 

I’m sorry this is hard for you, but wake up! We live in a conference where road games are physically difficult, even if the opponents are shitty. Here’s a hint, if things go wrong in conference, like even if we do go as well as 14-4, it won’t matter if BSU OR SDSU have a bad night against the bottom half of our conference. we could be screwed and maybe screwed anyway at that point. 

Nevada fans should pray for Rhode Island, Davidson, and Idaho. That still might do it. 

Our team was playing better 3 weeks ago. As a team! These last two failures should cause some concern for them to playing up to their potential. They look like an entirely differently bunch of guys in recent weeks.

It’s okay around here to not wave Pom poms, it’s looked down upon. We failed this week, period.

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m sorry this is hard for you, but wake up! We live in a conference where road games are physically difficult, even if the opponents are shitty. Here’s a hint, if things go wrong in conference, like even if we do go as well as 14-4, it won’t matter if BSU OR SDSU have a bad night against the bottom half of our conference. we could be screwed and maybe screwed anyway at that point. 

Nevada fans should pray for Rhode Island, Davidson, and Idaho. That still might do it. 

Our team was playing better 3 weeks ago. As a team! These last two failures should cause some concern for them to playing up to their potential. They look like an entirely differently bunch of guys in recent weeks.

It’s okay around here to not wave Pom poms, it’s looked down upon. We failed this week, period.

If Nevada goes 14-4 in conference and wins the rest of our OOC games we will have an projected RPI of 14. There is absolutely no way that we would get left out of the tournament.

No doubt this week was a dissapointment, but I'm sure we'll learn and improve from it. The fact is we went toe to toe against two top 25 teams in neutral/road games. 

Well I said we’d need 15 bench points to win and we got 10 and loss by 4..... Drew got ZERO. Nevada showed it’ll win a lot of games this year but these two losses this week will feel like a let down for awhile as they lost by 4 and in OT.

Side note I saw a lot of talk about the offense in here but it was the defense these two games that have disappointed me getting beat possession after possession off the dribble into the lane. I know Muss is a man to man only guy but he really needs to start working on a zone defense if other teams are going to spread them out and do that like the last two games.