Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada vs TCU

Marquise Gainous << -- Was the other front court guy along with Lee Nailon for the 1998-99 Frogs - LV prepster Prince Fowler ran the PG for Tubbs 

Tubbs & Bayno of UNLV had some snit going - One game at UNLV......Tubbs had his team come out of the locker room all holding sparklers as a shot at UNLV's fireworks pregame show !! 

https://lasvegassun.com/news/1997/feb/24/frogs-lights-jeered/

Leave it to Billy Tubbs to be a comedian in Las Vegas.

The Texas Christian coach decided to provide his own pregame entertainment Saturday at the Thomas & Mack Center. So when the Horned Frogs were introdu ced, the reserves lit spark lers and waved them around to a rousing chorus of boos from the 15,368 who were awaiting the real thing when UNLV was introduced.

As the intros wound down, Tubbs turned to reporters seated at courtside and said tounge-in-cheek, "Do you think it intimidated them?

Well we fought back but just couldn’t close the deal.  Was fun being ranked for a week. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Well we fought back but just couldn’t close the deal.  Was fun being ranked for a week. 

No shame in these two loses........both close games that could have gone NV's way with a few bounces 

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

It was fun. They will be ranked again sometime this year and just think, Nevada will most likely be a top 10 team next season. 

Just now, cardrater said:

It's just you

Weird, the last two games they seem incredibly athletic but seem off in the way they are playing team defense and the offense seems to be a lot of 1 on 1 make your own shot and dish if it shows up. 

tetons1.jpg

Just now, SLCPoke said:

Weird, the last two games they seem incredibly athletic but seem off in the way they are playing team defense and the offense seems to be a lot of 1 on 1 make your own shot and dish if it shows up. 

That 1 on 1 usually results a trip to the FT line . It works for Nevada and that is there main focus, attacking the rim and drawing fouls .

Just now, cardrater said:

That 1 on 1 usually results a trip to the FT line . It works for Nevada and that is there main focus, attacking the rim and drawing fouls .

Got it. So they try and out athlete and they don’t really run an offense. So it wasn’t my eyes deceiving me. I guess if that works. I know it will in MWC play because they are much more athletic than any team I’ve watched play in the mwc. 

tetons1.jpg