Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Roy Moore

This guy is something else. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Ok, one more comment. 

We are living in a time and place where 50ish percent of the people think any Democrat is worse than this guy or Trump.  This is our root problem. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Ok, one more comment. 

We are living in a time and place where 50ish percent of the people think any Democrat is worse than this guy or Trump.  This is our root problem. 

Yep

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Ok, one more comment. 

Cute. If this is really what you think, you're wrong

The World Needs More Cowboys!

49 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

You think his take is incorrect?  Why?

Over 50%?  Absolutely incorrect..  More people didn't vote than did vote D or R.  But help a guy out.  How you get to over 50%.  "ish"

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

Over 50%?  Absolutely incorrect..  More people didn't vote than did vote D or R.  But help a guy out.  How you get to over 50%.  "ish"

he didn't say "over."

he just said "50ish percent."

US wide popular vote for hillary was around 48%

US wide popular vote for trump was around 46%

alabama went 60% trump

https://splinternews.com/here-is-the-final-popular-vote-count-of-the-2016-electi-1793864349

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Alabama

I can sympathize with people not wanting to vote for Clinton during the presidential election because she can be a piece of work.  but roy moore's opponent, doug jones, is nothing more than a democrat.  and the good people of alabama would rather have roy moore and all his baggage than a democrat.  i think it's a reasonable line of thinking to postulate that since no one else is screaming for roy moore to step down and get out of the race, that they're in agreement: it is better to have a republican who was asked to no longer go to the local mall because he was trying to hit on girls younger girls while he was in his late 20s and early 30s, and has a demonstrated track record of asking out for a date underage (< 18) girls, and that is supposedly better than having a garden variety democrat.  given the numbers, it's about 50% of the people who feel this way

this is stupefying to me, and i'm surprised you think toonkee is wrong.

edit to add: I think the general vote is a very good statistical sampling that can strongly be extrapolated to represent the majority of the american public.  while it's possible that there's a large section of the population who didn't vote and don't agree with what's going on, i find that LESS believable than the idea that about half the population is republican and identifies with having roy moore win rather than a democrat.

35 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I think you’re taking these calculations a bit too literally. It’s like you’re a CPA or something!

His broader point still stands. There are a lot of people in this country, and In Alabama specifically, who prefer pedophiles to Democrats.

6 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

he didn't say "over."

he just said "50ish percent."

US wide popular vote for hillary was around 48%

US wide popular vote for trump was around 46%

alabama went 60% trump

https://splinternews.com/here-is-the-final-popular-vote-count-of-the-2016-electi-1793864349

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Alabama

I can sympathize with people not wanting to vote for Clinton during the presidential election because she can be a piece of work.  but roy moore's opponent, doug jones, is nothing more than a democrat.  and the good people of alabama would rather have roy moore and all his baggage than a democrat.  i think it's a reasonable line of thinking to postulate that since no one else is screaming for roy moore to step down and get out of the race, that they're in agreement: it is better to have a republican who was asked to no longer go to the local mall because he was trying to hit on girls and has a demonstrated track record of asking out for a date underage girls than it is to have a garden variety democrat.  and given the numbers, it's about 50% of the people.

this is stupefying to me, and i'm surprised you think toonkee is wrong.

I’m sure most of us all have held our nose and voted for somebody we didn’t believe in just to keep the other guy from winning (2016 presidential election comes to mind). But this is a new low. A pedophile? Really?

12 hours ago, toonkee said:

Ok, one more comment. 

I would vote for a Ham Sandwich before I would vote for any of the candidates the Dems have put up in the last 20 years. 

The last Democrat that wasn't a partisan hack , and actually worked together with the other side was Bill Clinton in the last 6 years of his presidency. The economy, and the budget deficit were also in great shape back then too I will add. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You know that Trump originally endorsed the Other Republican, ( I can't remember his name) 

The "normal" Grand Old Pedophile candidate was Strange.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

http://www.newsweek.com/roy-moore-last-time-america-great-during-slavery-741845

At a campaign event earlier this year, an audience member asked Moore for his opinion on when the last time America was "great." Moore responded: "I think it was great at the time when families were united—even though we had slavery—they cared for one another…Our families were strong, our country had a direction." The individual who asked the question was among the few African-Americans in attendance at the rally, according to the Los Angeles Times.