Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Roy Moore

Will this serve as a wake up call to the GOP that it’s a bad idea to nominate bat shit crazy nutters? Seriously, to lose a senate seat in deep red Alabama should be a major eye opener. Don’t nominate bigoted pedos should be the top line item of their next strategy meeting. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Will this serve as a wake up call to the GOP that it’s a bad idea to nominate bat shit crazy nutters? Seriously, to lose a senate seat in deep red Alabama should be a major eye opener. Don’t nominate bigoted pedos should be the top line item of their next strategy meeting. 

I think they tried their luck and thought they could prevail given it’s been a long time since a Democrat won a senate race in Alabama. Did they have a viable replacement this late in the game anyways?

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No, they think Moore wasn't crazy enough.  If they would have learned they would have learned from legitimate rape guy and witch lady.  

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I think they tried their luck and thought they could prevail given it’s been a long time since a Democrat won a senate race in Alabama. Did they have a viable replacement this late in the game anyways?

In a state like Alabama, they probably could have swapped out a candidate in the last few weeks and still had a good chance of winning. But the bright side of all this is that we’ve learned there is thankfully a limit to crazy and Roy Moore was across that line.

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

No, they think Moore wasn't crazy enough.  If they would have learned they would have learned from legitimate rape guy and witch lady.  

^ lol:ing at a guy with Lenin as his profile pic for trying to be the voice of reason. 

48 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The GOP is irreparably split it seems to me. Moore snuck in between a battle between the establishment (Strange) and the more classic liberal (Brooks). Then during the General it became known he was allegedly a pedophile.

I don’t think this is the wake up, unless that wake up is needed to not run possible pedophiles.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I fear the day when the alt-right runs a viable candidate who isn’t a sexual predator or complete buffoon. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The GOP is irreparably split it seems to me. Moore snuck in between a battle between the establishment (Strange) and the more classic liberal (Brooks). Then during the General it became known he was allegedly a pedophile.

I don’t think this is the wake up, unless that wake up is needed to not run possible pedophiles.

Moore was deeply flawed even before the pedophile stuff. I think Strange or Brooks would have won even with the same accusations. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

We shall see what happens in AZ and NV. Bannon is recruiting anti establishment candidates in both states.    

Just now, happycamper said:

Moore was deeply flawed even before the pedophile stuff. I think Strange or Brooks would have won even with the same accusations. 

I think a non alleged child molestor crushes by double digits in deep red Alabama. The allegations combined with #metoo drove white voter turnout way down. I don’t think you get that if the Post story never breaks.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think a non alleged child molestor crushes by double digits in deep red Alabama. The allegations combined with #metoo drove white voter turnout way down. I don’t think you get that if the Post story never breaks.

True. Although... man, Moore was a problem candidate even before that story broke. I'm not sure you could have chosen a more perfect "don't elect me" republican. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 hours ago, mysfit said:

The only people who feel this will be a stain on the GOP are people who are NOT part of the party.

And what they think isn't relevant. Hasn't anyone else figured that out?

Tribalism counts for everything and nothing else matters. Not facts, not decency, not morality....not right or left wrong.

fixed it

The World Needs More Cowboys!

34 minutes ago, happycamper said:

True. Although... man, Moore was a problem candidate even before that story broke. I'm not sure you could have chosen a more perfect "don't elect me" republican. 

I agree with all that. Moore was a hideous outrage of a candidate before the allegations broke. I just think most Alabaman Republicans wouldn’t have counted his laundry list of flaws against him like I or someone more centrist like you would have. 

So I'm not surprised that Moore lost and I'm not upset he lost either.  Its effectively about a 3 year term.  I'm upset that Moore beat out Luther Strange.  That was the thing that shouldn't have happened.  Moore was a terrible candidate, like you said before these allegations of dating teens.   But Dems want to rejoice in the fact that they won a senate seat, but they should keep in mind that even with the huge negative, Moore still almost won, and the reason Moore was in there in the first place is the incredible dislike for Wash. DC in general.  If Democrats just think people just don't like Republicans so they'll vote democrat, their gravely mistaken because they don't like most Democrats either! 

12 minutes ago, pokerider said:

So I'm not surprised that Moore lost and I'm not upset he lost either.  Its effectively about a 3 year term.  I'm upset that Moore beat out Luther Strange.  That was the thing that shouldn't have happened.  Moore was a terrible candidate, like you said before these allegations of dating teens.   But Dems want to rejoice in the fact that they won a senate seat, but they should keep in mind that even with the huge negative, Moore still almost won, and the reason Moore was in there in the first place is the incredible dislike for Wash. DC in general.  If Democrats just think people just don't like Republicans so they'll vote democrat, their gravely mistaken because they don't like most Democrats either! 

The Democrats won in the state that had the largest margin for Trump of any state in 2016. Despite Moore's flaws I don't think that should be minimized. Trump comes off as a loser IMO. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say