Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Roy Moore

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

One line that we all agree with?  I don't see it.

Perhaps at some point but I think that is past an adjudicated guilty charge, right?

I think avoiding candidates who hunt down teenagers for sex is a pretty easy line to draw.

This isn't court. The preponderance of evidence is on the side of the accusers, and I'm not trying to send him to jail. I just don't think he should be an elected representative of any state.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I think avoiding candidates who hunt down teenagers for sex is a pretty easy line to draw.

This isn't court. The preponderance of evidence is on the side of the accusers, and I'm not trying to send him to jail. I just don't think he should be an elected representative of any state.

Even if it means voting for a Democrat?

OMG the horror!

46 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly, given the fact that national politics is stocked full of narcissistic, sociopathic dirtballs (that's who the job appeals to), I'd be more surprised if more of them hadn't done the same things Moore had, especially people of a similar age. 

I think you’re right.

I will slowly step away now before I go all Pizzagate about the Franklin cover up.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Hunting down teenagers for sex sounds illegal to me.  Is it?  Someone on this board that generally agrees with you is OK with 12yr old marriage.

And by the way, I agree with you.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Look, I'm not defending Moore either. He's a dirty bastard. I guess what grates me more about him than the fact he's sleazy is that he's all about Jesus and the hypocirsy runs deep. I can't stand hypocritical self-righteous Jesus people. or religious people in general but especially jesus people. If he was a sleazeball and honest about it, sort of like Lou Reed or something, I could see why people would actually vote for him. But it isn't very Christlike to go seduce teenagers in the mall and then preach about God and creationism and living like the lord and the like. 

So why don’t you like religious people in general?  Isn’t that a pretty broad brush?

42 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Hunting down teenagers for sex sounds illegal to me.  Is it?  Someone on this board that generally agrees with you is OK with 12yr old marriage.

And by the way, I agree with you.

Ugh. Fair point. Maybe I should have couched it a bit by saying decent people should agree. I don’t know. All I know for sure is that Moore is a bridge too far for me. (And I think the accusations of the 14 yo would be illegal if true, but past the statute of limitations.)

14 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They're inherently arrogant. Perhaps my point wasn't clear though, I don't really mind people who are dumb enough to worship a particular faith, but the religious people I alluded to in the post were the people who (like Roy Moore) push their religious bullshit on you.

After all, we're a bunch of hairless monkeys on a rock in the middle of nowhere spinning around a ball of energy that is going to swallow us someday. It's asinine to think, let alone preach, that there's some point to it all. That's not even getting into the whole "if you don't believe like I do you're going to hell for eternity" espoused by faiths the world over. 

Because honestly, considering the new theory of multiverses, and that there's more multiverses than there are grains of sand on the Earth, and considering how huge those multiverses are (we can't even comprehend the totalilty of the one we are in let alone multiple versions of it), and further considering that this "god" fellow that people worship is allegedly all knowing, and all powerful...why would that "god" be so vain as to care how a bunch of idiotic, greedy, self-absorbed hairless monkeys on an obscure rock worshipped it?

It's absurd. People are certainly within their rights to participate in absuridities, though. It's the people who push their bullshit who really bother me. Whether they are Jesus Freaks, Mohammadean, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos, Himalayan Animists, whatever. 

Here here. This clod makes a very good point. I'm in 100% agreement on this issue. 

2 hours ago, mysfit said:

Yes like once upon a time slavery was more permissable, denying women the vote and husbands beating their wives was more permissable and lynching people was more permissable.

It was wrong then and it's wrong now. I'm sick of people shrugging unacepptable behavior off as well it was a different time.  Women have had enough and male predators need to be stopped and called for an accounting.

How about that story today on female AFA cadets being harrassed and retaliated against by rapists and their COs? Because it's so much better to have rapists and criminals as officers than women, right?

Well giving the rich and corporations tax breaks is waaay more important than that.  MAGA

Posted Image

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

They're inherently arrogant. Perhaps my point wasn't clear though, I don't really mind people who are dumb enough to worship a particular faith, but the religious people I alluded to in the post were the people who (like Roy Moore) push their religious bullshit on you.

After all, we're a bunch of hairless monkeys on a rock in the middle of nowhere spinning around a ball of energy that is going to swallow us someday. It's asinine to think, let alone preach, that there's some point to it all. That's not even getting into the whole "if you don't believe like I do you're going to hell for eternity" espoused by faiths the world over. 

Because honestly, considering the new theory of multiverses, and that there's more multiverses than there are grains of sand on the Earth, and considering how huge those multiverses are (we can't even comprehend the totalilty of the one we are in let alone multiple versions of it), and further considering that this "god" fellow that people worship is allegedly all knowing, and all powerful...why would that "god" be so vain as to care how a bunch of idiotic, greedy, self-absorbed hairless monkeys on an obscure rock in a far corner of one of an infinite number of multiverses worshipped it?

It's patently absurd. People are certainly within their rights to participate in absuridities, though. It's the people who push their bullshit who really bother me. Whether they are Jesus Freaks, Mohammadean, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos, Himalayan Animists, whatever. 

Hey mother phucker, leave the Buddhists outta this!:hookah:

9 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Because honestly, considering the new theory of multiverses, and that there's more multiverses than there are grains of sand on the Earth, and considering how huge those multiverses are (we can't even comprehend the totalilty of the one we are in let alone multiple versions of it), and further considering that this "god" fellow that people worship is allegedly all knowing, and all powerful...why would that "god" be so vain as to care how a bunch of idiotic, greedy, self-absorbed hairless monkeys on an obscure rock in a far corner of one of an infinite number of multiverses worshipped it?

It's patently absurd. People are certainly within their rights to participate in absuridities, though. It's the people who push their bullshit who really bother me. Whether they are Jesus Freaks, Mohammadean, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos, Himalayan Animists, whatever. 

Actually we are in the center of the Universe.  According to inflationary theory the center of the universe is wherever the observation is being made from.

11 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I have way too much respect for your intellectual curiosity to believe all that. A man with as many experiences with psychedelics as you have certainly must have deeper insights into the transcendent than a criticism of a kind and just, grandfatherly God, befitting the sophistication of a bored 13 year old.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/long-trip-magic-mushrooms/

I agree with you, that whatever is going on here seems way more complex than the stereotype of a wise and just Grandpa, with a kingdom waiting with all nice things for the appropriately righteous. Maybe today isn’t the day, but someday, I’d like to hear some of your sincere illuminations as to what is going on here with the nature of being.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

When I'm not mentally constipated from finals someday I'll discuss it. For now, I'm engrossed with the Delaware Code. 

giphy.gif

I’m not sure how well Delaware is gonna fit you...but best of luck!

52 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I have way too much respect for your intellectual curiosity to believe all that. A man with as many experiences with psychedelics as you have certainly must have deeper insights into the transcendent than a criticism of a kind and just, grandfatherly God, befitting the sophistication of a bored 13 year old.

I agree with you, that whatever is going on here seems way more complex than the stereotype of a wise and just Grandpa, with a kingdom waiting with all nice things for the appropriately righteous. Maybe today isn’t the day, but someday, I’d like to hear some of your sincere illuminations as to what is going on here with the nature of being.

Have you heard about the dyslexic agnostic?

He would stay awake at night wondering if there really was a Dog.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He summed up my thoughts on the matter early on:

"...we're a bunch of hairless monkeys on a rock in the middle of nowhere spinning around a ball of energy that is going to swallow us someday."

Although I must say that at the rate we're going I don't think we'll last to the big swallow. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Nah. I have no desire to live in that shithole. It's just that every corporation of any note practically is incorporated there, so as such, the Deleware General Corporate Laws apply to them. Regardless of where they are HQd.  

What is Delaware doing that everybody else is not not to attract all of these businesses? Or is that part and parcel to what the studying is all about?