Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Roy Moore

13 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Because it's dishonest and corrosive. Why is it important to you that the man is portrayed as a pedophile?

Because I think pedophiles should be portrayed as pedophiles. 

Sorry, there is not zero evidence, as you say. And even if a 14- or 15-year-old thinks it’s cool to be lavished with sexual attention from a 30-year-old, that 30-year-old should know better. Because I guarantee you that once that 14-year-old matures into an adult she will have an entirely different view.

Take away the politics. Tell me, do you think it’s OK for a 30-something adult to be trolling the mall for 16-year-olds? Does that sound like appropriate behavior to you? Would you trust that man with your daughter? Those are facts not even being disputed and they should be enough to disqualify this man from public office. And it doesn’t even include the more troubling accusations of the 14-year-old. 

Moore acted like a predator, and none of his denials or “well, she wanted it” justifications from his supporters will change that. 

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Wanted what? I simply want from you people accusing man of being a rapist in the absence of any evidence to admit that you are doing so for entirely political reasons. This is disgusting in the extreme and the absolute lowest form of politics.

I don’t think he has been accused of rape.    Attempted maybe but not rape because apparently 16 is the age of consent in Alabama....

he has been accused of inappropriate actions with a 14 year old which apparently was well known.   Nobody in that town is saying it didn’t happen.   They banned the man from the mall for Christ’s sake.    

But keep defending the man.   Like many said it just adds to the image of the GOP.

27 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Nah. Misogynistic demented asshole will suffice. 

You're not even man enough to own it to take it back.

LOL

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

You're not even man enough to own it to take it back.

LOL

I didn't accuse you of rape. I implied that given your hostility towards young women you may have forced yourself on ones that "wanted it." As far as I'm concerned you're the one who needs to own up. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I didn't accuse you of rape. I'm implied that your hostility towards young women suggested that you may have forced yourself on ones that "wanted it." As far as I'm concerned you're the one who needs to own up. 

You are a pathetic little man.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

You are a pathetic little man.

Lol. You're a sexist douche. Criticism of your boy Roy seems to have touched a nerve with you. You really should talk to someone. 

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty and that philosophy certainly conflicts me in all of these harassment claims.  Part of me feels like none of our elected officials and others should be compelled to resign, or drop out of a political race, based simply on claims or charges of inappropriate behavior.  I really wish every claim or charge could be properly adjudicated, especially when the accused claims innocence.

I believe both parties play politics in this arena, which might be just as disgusting.  It reflects very poorly on all of us.  Our political process is maturing to now include a supercharged effort to find sexual harassment ghosts in a candidate's closet.  On one hand, if claims/charges are true they reflect a serious character flaw with the accused, and one that I believe makes a person unfit to serve.  On the other hand, claims and charges could be manufactured or exaggerated in order to simply change a political outcome.

When timing does not allow our legal process to properly adjudicate these claims/charges, we are all left with our own judgement based on the information we have at that time.  Based on all I've heard, I would not be able to cast my vote for Moore.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

To be fair to the SDSU guy, the 1970s were a different time. Lori Maddox, pictured here, was 14 and dating Jimmy Page. 

7a7ca33329dafbe086b658a6078bcc21.jpg

She later went on to bang David Bowie, and Iggy Pop. 

419b27e0e5f10868b3d036dc5a451d0d.jpg

Was a different time to be sure. 

Jimmy Page for Senate

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

21 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Look, I'm not defending Moore either. He's a dirty bastard. I guess what grates me more about him than the fact he's sleazy is that he's all about Jesus and the hypocirsy runs deep. I can't stand hypocritical self-righteous Jesus people. or religious people in general but especially jesus people. If he was a sleazeball and honest about it, sort of like Lou Reed or something, I could see why people would actually vote for him. But it isn't very Christlike to go seduce teenagers in the mall and then preach about God and creationism and living like the lord and the like. 

"My perversion is preying on children. Your perversion of sexin' up men is DISGUSTING!"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

30 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

To be fair to the SDSU guy, the 1970s were a different time. Lori Maddox, pictured here, was 14 and dating Jimmy Page. 

7a7ca33329dafbe086b658a6078bcc21.jpg

She later went on to bang David Bowie, and Iggy Pop. 

419b27e0e5f10868b3d036dc5a451d0d.jpg

Was a different time to be sure. 

Page did his best to keep the affair secret because it was illegal and I suspect he knew it was gross and shameful. He had Zeppelin’s thug manager Peter Grant “kidnap” according to Maddox and keep her locked in a room. Then he later dumped the girl so unceremoniously even his new girlfriend thought it callous. The time wasn’t that different, loser behavior was still recognized by the people who knew about it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Wanted what? I simply want from you people accusing man of being a rapist in the absence of any evidence to admit that you are doing so for entirely political reasons. This is disgusting in the extreme and the absolute lowest form of politics.

Do you realize many of the people throwing Moore under the bus are conservative in this thread?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Do you realize many of the people throwing Moore under the bus are conservative in this thread?

As it should be. At what point are the accusations bad enough that we all draw a line? We've all held our nose to vote for somebody we didn't believe in because their politics align more closely to our own or we so deeply disliked the other candidate we felt compelled. It's nothing to be proud of, but it is a fact of life in a democracy. This is different though. You can't justify preying on children. Add in his own hypocrisy with his hardline religious stances, and this has to be that hard line where we ignore the party and politics and do what is right. If we can't see past politics in this case, then we really do deserve what we get.

36 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

As it should be. At what point are the accusations bad enough that we all draw a line? We've all held our nose to vote for somebody we didn't believe in because their politics align more closely to our own or we so deeply disliked the other candidate we felt compelled. It's nothing to be proud of, but it is a fact of life in a democracy. This is different though. You can't justify preying on children. Add in his own hypocrisy with his hardline religious stances, and this has to be that hard line where we ignore the party and politics and do what is right. If we can't see past politics in this case, then we really do deserve what we get.

One line that we all agree with?  I don't see it.

Perhaps at some point but I think that is past an adjudicated guilty charge, right?

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Im just saying. there were a lot of Roy Moores in the 70s. Hell, David Wooderson may as well have been a role based off of him for all we know. 

But Moore's the one running for Senator. 

Yes like once upon a time slavery was more permissable, denying women the vote and husbands beating their wives was more permissable and lynching people was more permissable.

It was wrong then and it's wrong now. I'm sick of people shrugging unacepptable behavior off as well it was a different time.  Women have had enough and male predators need to be stopped and called for an accounting.

How about that story today on female AFA cadets being harrassed and retaliated against by rapists and their COs? Because it's so much better to have rapists and criminals as officers than women, right?

One of the Final Five..........

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Roy Moore says slavery was a good time. 

I'm not justifying his behavior "because it was a different time". I'm just saying I think it's a lot more prevalent than people are acting. There's probably a veritable shitton of Roy Moores in the House and Senate already. 

Scary thought but I suspect you're right

36 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Yes like once upon a time slavery was more permissable, denying women the vote and husbands beating their wives was more permissable and lynching people was more permissable.

Yes, yes ,and yes!!!

Vote Republican!

Vote for Roy Moore!

#MAGA