Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Roy Moore

33 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The last Democrat that wasn't a partisan hack , and actually worked together with the other side was Bill Clinton in the last 6 years of his presidency. 

What? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

35 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I would vote for a Ham Sandwich before I would vote for any of the candidates the Dems have put up in the last 20 years. 

The last Democrat that wasn't a partisan hack , and actually worked together with the other side was Bill Clinton in the last 6 years of his presidency. The economy, and the budget deficit were also in great shape back then too I will add. 

lol. Yeah, it's really a shame that O squandered all that willingness to work together. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

lol. Yeah, it's really a shame that O squandered all that willingness to work together. 

Obama was just as obstinate as the GOP in his term. What major piece of legislation did he have that had a large Chunk of GOP support? I am not talking about 1 or 2 Republicans that crossed sides. Bill Clinton had welfare reform, anti Crime legislation, spending reform that had broad support on both sides. Obama only had major legislative victories when the House and Senate had Democratic majorities. 

Clinton even signed on to the Republican Idea of a line item Veto , but the SCOTUS blocked it. 

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Obama was just as obstinate as the GOP in his term. What major piece of legislation did he have that had a large Chunk of GOP support? I am not talking about 1 or 2 Republicans that crossed sides. Bill Clinton had welfare reform, anti Crime legislation, spending reform that had broad support on both sides. Obama only had major legislative victories when the House and Senate had Democratic majorities. 

Takes two to tango.

Turtlehead and Boner were both explicit about their number one objective which was to make sure O did not succeed. That's on them. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Takes two to tango. 

Sure does. 

Obama wanted all of his cake, the GOP to give in on everything, and then he would have the nerve proclaim bilateral support. He really had no idea how to negotiate , or work with others. He really never accomplished anything of great importance in his time in office. He never really accomplished anything of great importance before being elected come to think of it.   

To paraphrase Roy Moore : America was better when we had slaves. Yikes! 

If I was an Alabama voter I would not vote for the Democrat or The Republican. I would try to find a better third party candidate that was running or just write someone in. 

9 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

To paraphrase Roy Moore : America was better when we had slaves. Yikes! 

If I was an Alabama voter I would not vote for the Democrat or The Republican. I would try to find a better third party candidate that was running or just write someone in. 

Lots of people in Alabama probably feel the same way Moore does about those things. This is George Wallace country, after all. 

Besides, he's a man of t3h lurd in the eyes of many...if he touts his Jesus-loving credentials, that blinds a lot of people...let's not forget that these are the same people that think Hitler is painting in heaven while the Jews he had killed en masse in the Holocaust are burning somewhere in hell because they didn't accept Jesus as their savior. 

2 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

It's amazing to me that the African-American athletes want to play football for schools like the U of Alabama. 

The University of Alabama doesn't have anything to do with this. WTF. 

I am pretty sure they have not taken an official position in the election, as most universities wouldn't 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

The University of Alabama doesn't have anything to do with this. WTF. 

I am pretty sure they have not taken an official position in the election, as most universities wouldn't 

Just living in Alabama with the way people think.  It seems to me their politics is based on ignorance and fear.  If a guy like Moore thinks better times were had when there was slavery then that is the real WTF.

3 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Just living in Alabama with the way people think.  It seems to me their politics is based on ignorance and fear.  If a guy like Moore thinks better times were had when there was slavery then that is the real WTF.

Hey,  I thought we weren't supposed to paint large groups of people with a broad brush and make stupid generalizations. 

I could of swore someone told me we weren't supposed to do that.